Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Who should Lucy model with?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poggy

Contributions: 579

Who should Lucy model with?Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:25 am    Subject: Who should Lucy model with? Reply with quote

patriot wrote:

Which actually begs the question, why has nobody said ME in this thread Hehe

I did Wink

Sorry people but I don't want a Lucy shoot with a man. I just don't go looking at pictures of men Yuck
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

Who should Lucy model with?Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:37 pm    Subject: Who should Lucy model with? Reply with quote

Marty wrote:
Poggy wrote:
This looks quite cheap and tacky. A more romantic or fun shoot with a man. But not a groping one. This starts to boarder on pr0n Yuck

I agree, when I first looked at that picture my initial reaction was "that shouldn't be allowed on here"

I am inclined to agree, so it's gone now Smile

I think we were lucky in the matter of the energy saving shoot... it was a light-hearted kind of thing with the bloke wearing a lab coat and not making any suggestion of removing it or anything else Smile But that shoot was for a specific and unusual purpose and I can't see that kind of shoot being repeated. If anyone did want to shoot Lucy with a man it's overwhelmingly likely that it'd be the same sort of thing as that Chanelle pic (BTW spot on Patriot Hehe) - they'd try and make it "sexy" and it would just end up being "blech" as a result.

But I certainly agree with Grendel also... it seems that a lot of the creativity disappeared when Lucy first started doing topless pics. The subtlety of the non-topless era was replaced by a "Look! BOOBS!" theme which was direct, lazy and about as subtle as a brick. I did hope that the more subtle poses which Lucy is so good at would reappear in due course once the novelty had worn off, but this does not seem to have happened much...

I think there is too much of a trend in general to make achieving the maximum amount of nakedness the be-all and end-all of the photo and to leave everything else by the wayside, and I also think it doesn't work. Leave the maximum-nakedness to actual pr0n, and use the limits of the glamour genre as an advantage instead of viewing them as a restriction. As a general rule a partially or even fully clothed pic is a lot more effective than hand-over-the-golden-triangle-and-photoshop-off-the-knicker-strap. Subtlety and suggestion works much better than crass obviousness in glamour pics just as much as in humour or film-making.

On a closely-related note, I personally would welcome some movement away from the direction of making the photos all and exclusively about sex. My own fanhood has pretty much nothing to do with sex. It's all about beauty. It's pretty rare to find both of those well portrayed in a single picture, and it's certainly extremely rare to find a photographer who is really good at that. Nearly all the time a pic is either about one or about the other, and too much of the time it's about the wrong one...

While I certainly appreciate it, I also find it both ironic and sad that it now seems to be Nuts who are the force of creativity... there are quite a few pics in the latest Nuts shoot which are not so much the common kind, particularly the ones of Lucy looking down the stairwell Big Smile ...while the shoots which don't have to pander to magazine mores, and so could reasonably be expected to follow a less conventional theme, in fact turn out being more conventional, not less.

So we see, for example, Lucy's 2013 calendar - and 2012 before it - which while undoubtedly thoroughly gorgeous, were still made entirely of Nutsoid pics. From what I've seen of the paysite material that is even worse - 80 pics which are nearly all the same is something which is much appreciated when it appears for free on a Nuts outtake gallery, but if one is paying for them - and paying considerably more per set than the cost of an issue of Nuts which produces a similar set - then it's something of a rip-off, and even more so when the pics themselves are no better than Nuts... and indeed since Nuts have upped their game, not as good as Nuts.

If any photographers or magazines read this thread then please note that what people are asking for is for Lucy to do something different. "Creativity" does not mean Lucy continuing to do exactly the same poses in exactly the same settings and then the photographer messing with the colour in photoshop. That's not remotely "creative", that's just lazy. What people mean by wanting something new and creative and different is best discerned by taking Grendel's post as a starting point and working from there Smile

It does seem to me that glamour photographers tend to lack imagination and shoot according to a personal formula... which while it may produce good pics if each shoot is considered in isolation, when they regularly do one job and we see shoot after shoot done exactly the same way the repetition does become a bit obvious. It gets worse when their hubris leads them to start thinking that the beauty in the pics is their own creation, rather than a recording of one moment of existence of a beauty which exists all the time independently of the photographer.

They would do better to diminish their reliance on studios, direction and artificiality, and think more in the manner of architectural or landscape photography. You can't pose a mountain Smile it is what it is, and you have to take it at that and find the best way to show it... and then keep on finding the best way, since the next day or even later the same day the best way will have changed Smile

This is, I think, one reason why I'd like to see Lucy do shoots outdoors in beautiful locations - by which I don't mean expensive, time-consuming trips to beaches in hot places (which all look the same anyway - yellow in the foreground, blue in the background, and Lucy in the middle Smile) but simply making use of the compact variety of British scenery to provide locations. Since the scenery can't be changed, formulaic methods won't work and it becomes a matter of finding a way to take it as it is and show it at its best; and it is my thought that this enforced attitude would transfer itself to how they would incorporate Lucy in the scene and make them more likely to take her as she is rather than telling her to conform to the same formula that they use with everyone.
EVISU

Contributions: 383

Who should Lucy model with?Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:44 pm    Subject: Who should Lucy model with? Reply with quote

she has done a nuts vid with a man in front of her, atleast I thought it was a man
EVISU

Contributions: 383

Who should Lucy model with?Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:01 pm    Subject: Who should Lucy model with? Reply with quote

http://www.lucy-pinder.tv/videos/lucy-pinder-photoshoot-for-nuts-magazine-03-04-2012-issue-part-3.html
Poggy

Contributions: 579

Who should Lucy model with?Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:02 am    Subject: Who should Lucy model with? Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:

This is, I think, one reason why I'd like to see Lucy do shoots outdoors in beautiful locations - by which I don't mean expensive, time-consuming trips to beaches in hot places (which all look the same anyway - yellow in the foreground, blue in the background, and Lucy in the middle Smile) but simply making use of the compact variety of British scenery to provide locations. Since the scenery can't be changed, formulaic methods won't work and it becomes a matter of finding a way to take it as it is and show it at its best; and it is my thought that this enforced attitude would transfer itself to how they would incorporate Lucy in the scene and make them more likely to take her as she is rather than telling her to conform to the same formula that they use with everyone.

There are two problems here though Pigeon. One been the British laws on indecent exposure. The other problem would be the cost to get round this problem. Which would mean paying to shut off the area or location.

I do totally agree with you. I remember even the studio sets like barns and such. Even they aren't used now. Because these too seemed to disappear as soon as Lucy went topless.

This is becoming a Sun situation. Which I brought just in the last few days. No imagination. Same poses, clothing, style. About the only thing that changes is the model at times. All creativity seems to have gone from glamour. So the main question here is. What has made it go? costs? laziness? actual thought? the public demand in such pictures?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: