Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Who Fancies Lucy Pinder Less after seeing her speak?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Who Fancies Lucy Pinder Less after seeing her speak?Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:55 am    Subject: Who Fancies Lucy Pinder Less after seeing her speak? Reply with quote

CTLucyFan wrote:
Of course, I first had to get past the silliness of some of the material she was presenting, because she also has some real intelligence and wit to boot. The Book at Bedtime clips were better than most, albeit Lucy's delivery was a little too dispassionate.

They were a bit of a rushed recording, those Book at Bedtime clips... no rehearsal and AFAIK pretty much done in one take. Reading Shakespeare's archaic language "cold" off a dodgy autocue is not something I would like to have to try and do! The clips of more accessible language material - the more modern works, and the "comedy" readings - where she doesn't have to concentrate so hard just to read it, she delivers in a much livelier style - she even cracks up half way through one of the "comedy" ones Hehe I'm glad they left that bit in Smile
CTLucyFan

Contributions: 31

Who Fancies Lucy Pinder Less after seeing her speak?Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:32 am    Subject: Who Fancies Lucy Pinder Less after seeing her speak? Reply with quote

Ah, I will have to give those comedies a listen, then. Skimmed through only a few of the Shakespeare ones so far...should have kept going!
Dionysus

Contributions: 47

Who Fancies Lucy Pinder Less after seeing her speak?Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:31 am    Subject: Who Fancies Lucy Pinder Less after seeing her speak? Reply with quote

I don't think it's the accent that's the problem with Lucy. She seems to have a well spoken voice. But I know of many people who having first heard her speak being surprised with how deep her voice is. Most women we expect a voice in the higher frequencies, but Lucy has an unusually deep voice and a nasal drone to it that does tend to surprise a lot of guys.

So, no, the voice does not diminish her attractiveness, but neither does it enhance it either.

Personally, the biggest turn off about Lucy Pinder since I became a fan was discovering she's a Tory, that was a terrible PR mistake on Lucy's part going public with her political persuasions and completely unnecessary info for a glamour model to announce. Very few people like Tories in the North of England, or those who vote Tory, as they tend to be very selfish individualistic right-wingers who only care for themselves. It's the one chink in an otherwise impressive armour.
eazy_g

Contributions: 416

Who Fancies Lucy Pinder Less after seeing her speak?Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:47 am    Subject: Who Fancies Lucy Pinder Less after seeing her speak? Reply with quote

I like her voice, never had an issue with it.

You're going to sound like where you come from. For me I am a country boy since I was born and raised down south in the United States, but we live in day and age where you are judged more of your actions and not from where you come from.
Pinderlust

Contributions: 431

Who Fancies Lucy Pinder Less after seeing her speak?Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:00 pm    Subject: Who Fancies Lucy Pinder Less after seeing her speak? Reply with quote

No way! Lucy's voice is sexy Cloud 9 I love the South Hampshire inflection in her accent and that accent is probably one of the sexiest English regional accents. If she had been a brummy it would have been another matter (apologies to any brummies Hehe ) Other accents, such as geordie tend to come off to me, as a southerner, as slightly comic or cute; for example, Cheryl Cole's accent makes her seem cuter, not sexier.

As to Lucy being a tory, I can kind of let her off with that given that she was brought up in a Tory area and spent probably a happy childhood under a Tory government until she was 13. It would have been less sexy (to me) if she had said that she was a liberal and especially if she had said that she was a labour supporter, considering how disappointing and a let-down for the working class the Blair / Brown administration was. She probably just thought she could score points against an unpopular government at the time.

I know that Charlie Brooker (for one) thought that she lost her sexiness when she said she was a "bit of a tory bird", from his article at the time, but he's a bit of a lefty media type so that is to be expected.
snowflake

Contributions: 663

Who Fancies Lucy Pinder Less after seeing her speak?Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:32 pm    Subject: Who Fancies Lucy Pinder Less after seeing her speak? Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
I don't think it's the accent that's the problem with Lucy. She seems to have a well spoken voice. But I know of many people who having first heard her speak being surprised with how deep her voice is. Most women we expect a voice in the higher frequencies, but Lucy has an unusually deep voice and a nasal drone to it that does tend to surprise a lot of guys.
So, no, the voice does not diminish her attractiveness, but neither does it enhance it either.

Well, i think i never still expressed about this theme on this forum... For me, her accent is a problem cos it's already not easy to understand a speaking English, the worst being a Scotish, and i have to confess to have some difficulties with it. Wry Hehe
It's right her voice is surprising but it's not only the tone, cos if i ear her voice without seeing a face i could think it's a nicely substancial voice (right for high frequency). But the fact is that when i listen the voice and see her face, well, i'm surprising cos I feel both don't go very well together Wry . I know some women in the same case but they have in reality 2 or 3 different voices. They can't be aware of this, but the voice change with the context of their feeling. And it's sometime possible to hear a high frequency voice on an angel feminine face, and wondering about it. So i still stay today with the fantasy that Lucy have an other voice when the context is different than job. Cloud 9
I know it exists books about how to interprate a voice. Of course it's not certain that it's really scientific, but it's always funny to make his own experience with it. Wink
CTLucyFan

Who Fancies Lucy Pinder Less after seeing her speak?Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:23 pm    Subject: Who Fancies Lucy Pinder Less after seeing her speak? Reply with quote

Snowflake, I think you hit the nail on the head: it's a "surprising" mismatch, Lucy's voice and her face. (Though, for me, I find it more of a pleasant fillip rather than something jarring.)

Also, I don't know that your fantasy is all that implausible. I'd wager that if Lucy worked with an acting or vocal coach she would have a quite different voice than what we've heard so far. Will be interesting to get the first reports back from the SvW premiere Big Grin
CTLucyFan

Who Fancies Lucy Pinder Less after seeing her speak?Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:42 pm    Subject: Who Fancies Lucy Pinder Less after seeing her speak? Reply with quote

"...like a jellyfish that had a thing about being spanked by a flyswatter!" Big Laugh

Those Romantic Comedies are a scream. I don't know how Lucy kept a straight face for that long.

Must find something with her giving up a real hearty belly laugh...
sexybeast

Contributions: 755

Who Fancies Lucy Pinder Less after seeing her speak?Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:16 pm    Subject: Who Fancies Lucy Pinder Less after seeing her speak? Reply with quote

A question for CTLucyFan.....were u living under a rock all this while Hehe ..no offence meant Smile ...its just that the way u got into the groove( the last i heard someone use that expression "get into the groove" was in a Madonna song way back in the 80's Hehe ) and are verbose about things gives me the impression that u'r a big Lucy fan..what took u so long to get to get here?
Grendel

Contributions: 288

Who Fancies Lucy Pinder Less after seeing her speak?Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:09 pm    Subject: Who Fancies Lucy Pinder Less after seeing her speak? Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
Personally, the biggest turn off about Lucy Pinder since I became a fan was discovering she's a Tory, that was a terrible PR mistake on Lucy's part going public with her political persuasions and completely unnecessary info for a glamour model to announce. Very few people like Tories in the North of England, or those who vote Tory, as they tend to be very selfish individualistic right-wingers who only care for themselves. It's the one chink in an otherwise impressive armour.

+1.
CTLucyFan

Who Fancies Lucy Pinder Less after seeing her speak?Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:17 pm    Subject: Who Fancies Lucy Pinder Less after seeing her speak? Reply with quote

sexybeast, none taken Smile Please check out the "How did you discover Lucy?" thread where I relate the whole sordid tale...and, if I remember correctly, I even copped to living under a large stone somewhere in these United States Hehe

I'm a very recent (<1 week) Lucy fan. Just happened quite abruptly...guess you could say that I got hit by the "thunderbolt" Wink (now, I'm really dating myself there...) I guess if I had to put it into words, I'd say that she is a "perfect storm" of my ideal physical attribute list coupled with a delightful British accent, intelligence, and some other undefinable nuance(s). Big Grin
sexybeast

Contributions: 755

Who Fancies Lucy Pinder Less after seeing her speak?Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:44 pm    Subject: Who Fancies Lucy Pinder Less after seeing her speak? Reply with quote

Thumb Up! ...Didn't get around to reading the "How did u...' thread...my bad Hehe...and may i add that we've all been pulverized by that "Thunderbolt" Big Laugh ...Mario Puzo had no idea what he was talking about...he had not seen Lucy yet Hehe
Poggy

Contributions: 581

Who Fancies Lucy Pinder Less after seeing her speak?Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:44 am    Subject: Who Fancies Lucy Pinder Less after seeing her speak? Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:

Actually I think think this is the type of thing that makes Lucy even more appealling. The fact that the more Lucy talks and reveals little titbits about herself. Lucy become more of a real person than a fantasy that just viewing a image is. I mean, yes you might not agree with Lucy political views. But you do know that politics are a interest for Lucy. So that is one topic of conversation you could hold with Lucy if you ever met her or say got stuck in a lift with Lucy. Other than the sole talk just been on the usual you hear all over.....
CTLucyFan

Who Fancies Lucy Pinder Less after seeing her speak?Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:14 pm    Subject: Who Fancies Lucy Pinder Less after seeing her speak? Reply with quote

Poggy, well said. This just adds more dimensionality to Lucy's presence for those of us who haven't had the good fortune to be trapped in a lift with her. Smile

Getting a bit off topic here, but you said that "politics are an interest for Lucy." Where has she publicly spoken out about that subject? (Mind you, not questioning your statement as I'm sure she has in fact done so...would like to catch up on that for myself.)
Poggy

Contributions: 581

Who Fancies Lucy Pinder Less after seeing her speak?Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:34 am    Subject: Who Fancies Lucy Pinder Less after seeing her speak? Reply with quote

CTLucyFan wrote:
Poggy, well said. This just adds more dimensionality to Lucy's presence for those of us who haven't had the good fortune to be trapped in a lift with her. Smile

Getting a bit off topic here, but you said that "politics are an interest for Lucy." Where has she publicly spoken out about that subject? (Mind you, not questioning your statement as I'm sure she has in fact done so...would like to catch up on that for myself.)

The main place people pick up on this is off the (I hate to refer to this) B*g Br*ther appearance. But there was one or two interviews after that have touched the subject slightly.

I didn't want to go off topic myself. But while I am. Why do people always asume that all the north of Watford are Labour supporters. I think people need to look more at local councils and they'll see that not everyone goes Labour. I personally don't fall behind one party. Just the party that is right for me at the time. Which funnily enough has only been Labour once. Yes I live north of Watford and am now a very much hands on working man. So don't stereo type Nono
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: