Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Whats your fav bands?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grendel

Contributions: 288

Whats your fav bands?Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 11:59 am    Subject: Whats your fav bands? Reply with quote

It all depends basically on the mood, but my musical tastes ranges from Johann Sebastian Bach to Muse. If we're talking modern music, I'd have to say Pearl Jam, Muse, Placebo, Leonard Cohen, Springsteen, Sinatra, Dire Straits, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Within Temptation, Van Halen, Mr. Big, Nada Surf, and above and beyond all of them Counting Crows, which are the best rock&roll band EVER.

But my real passion in music are orchestral movie soundtracks: Hans Zimmer, Ennio Morricone, Mark Mancina, Randy Edelman, and the absolute MASTER Mr. John Williams.
pogo

Contributions: 361

Whats your fav bands?Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:36 pm    Subject: Whats your fav bands? Reply with quote

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Random_dude365

Contributions: 324

Whats your fav bands?Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:24 pm    Subject: U2 Reply with quote

My fav band is u2

and yes I'm Irish
Grendel

Contributions: 288

Whats your fav bands?Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:07 pm    Subject: Whats your fav bands? Reply with quote

Quote:
It sounds in theory destined to fail, a heavy metal band playing along side an orchestra, but is one of the best live concerts ever played!

Of course I know Metallica's S&M, and the late Michael Kamen was (in my opinion) a not-that-brilliant composer with two smashing accomplishments: Robin Hood's main theme and the entire Band of Brothers soundtrack, which is simply astonishing. S&M's, though, is too Metallica and little concert, because the concert parts are entirely at the service of Metallica's music, never getsa theme of their own and the little time they have on their own are too "Bond-ish" sounding for my taste.

If you want a good mix-up of metal with orchestra I'd recommend Yngwie J. Malmsteem's Concerto suite. It's a concerto like any other classical composer could have done, but instead of having a piano or a violin as the main solo instrument, it has a electric guitar. Difficult to obtain in Europe 'cause it was only published in Japan (where Malmsteen is a god), you can surely download it by other means or have a little taste of it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN5FAcd2sbM
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Whats your fav bands?Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:53 pm    Subject: Whats your fav bands? Reply with quote

Barclay James Harvest have a long history of playing alongside orchestras - they even toured with one in the early days. Granted, they are not heavy metal so it's an "easier fit". The recent "Classic Meets Rock" album is one of my definite favourites Smile
enigmatic319

Contributions: 55

Whats your fav bands?Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:59 pm    Subject: Whats your fav bands? Reply with quote

Sorry for the sporadic posting - I'm not on the net much nowadays, I'll just write a few bands: -

1.The Beatles - if you REALLY look at what they did in just the short years they were together....not many come close.
2.Sly & The Family Stone
3. Jimi Hendrix Experience - or any band he was in
4. The Police
5. Duran Duran
6. Led Zeppelin
7. ....there are loads more, n I've probably forgotten a lot of my favs, lol.. Roll Eyes
pogo

Contributions: 361

Whats your fav bands?Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:16 pm    Subject: Whats your fav bands? Reply with quote

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
scorpion

Contributions: 85

Whats your fav bands?Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:56 pm    Subject: Whats your fav bands? Reply with quote

I'm a fan of all rock music so here are a few of my favorite bands

Metallica
Motley Crue
Poison
Buckcherry
Nickelback
Seether
Greenday
Disturbed
Ozzy Osbourne
Godsmack
AC/DC
Def Leppard
POPEYE

Contributions: 5

Whats your fav bands?Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:15 am    Subject: Whats your fav bands? Reply with quote

In no particular order.

Oasis
The Verve
AC/DC
Biffy Clyro
The Doors
Foo Fighters
Kings of Leon
The Ting Tings
The Prodidgy

I also have a soft spot (read crush) on Kylie. Sorry, but I think she does wonders for cougars..!! Spinning Eyes
ilovelucy

Contributions: 14

Whats your fav bands?Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:08 am    Subject: Whats your fav bands? Reply with quote

Pink Floyd
Pantera
Poets of the Fall
Iron Maiden
Death
Children of Bodom
Megadeth
The Beatles
Cannibal Corpse
Metallica
Slayer
Alice in Chains
Avenged Sevenfold
Black Sabbath
Sodom
Destruction
Kreator
Heart
Warlock
The Runaways
Lynyrd Skynyrd
In Flames
Cradle of Filth
Judas Priest
AC/DC
Blue Oyster Cult
Halestorm
...and many more
\m/\m/\m/
Chris

Contributions: 726

Whats your fav bands?Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:36 am    Subject: Whats your fav bands? Reply with quote

Was browsing through this thread and saw that you like BOC, ilovelucy. That's pretty cool. I guess more people like them than I thought.
tford

Contributions: 364

Whats your fav bands?Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:33 am    Subject: Whats your fav bands? Reply with quote

I like Green Day and The Black Eyed Peas a lot.
Chris

Whats your fav bands?Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:39 am    Subject: Whats your fav bands? Reply with quote

"Where Is the Love" by the Black-Eyed Peas is a great song.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Whats your fav bands?Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:05 am    Subject: Whats your fav bands? Reply with quote

Chris wrote:
Was browsing through this thread and saw that you like BOC, ilovelucy. That's pretty cool. I guess more people like them than I thought.

Same here, I'm quite surprised to see so many people liking them.

(And I've got "Don't Fear The Reaper" going through my head now... Hehe)
Chris

Whats your fav bands?Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:31 am    Subject: Whats your fav bands? Reply with quote

As a huge fan of them, you would think I'd be sick of hearing "Reaper", but that song seriously never gets old. Seeing it live is a big thrill, too. I love seeing Buck's face light up as he hits those first few notes and everyone cheers. Smile

If any, what are some of your favorites from the band, Pigeon (or anyone who wants to contribute)? I'd be very interested to hear what they are.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT

Jump to: