Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Whats the best movie you saw this year?
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

Whats the best movie you saw this year?Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:39 pm    Subject: Whats the best movie you saw this year? Reply with quote

Just thought id start a little conversation. Whats the best movie you watched this year and the reasons for your choice?

My favorite movie i saw this year was unsurprisingly Inception... It was in my eyes 1 of the most compelling, interesting, cool movies ive ever seen. The story line is very twisty and its basically limitless due to the storyline being focused around dreams and how you can enter someone elses dream space and plant ideas into them. From the picture ive posted im sure its obvious that this movie changes anything you originally thought could happen. All in all an amazing movie with an epic soundtrack composed by Hans Zimmer who also composed the soundtracks for widely known movies such as Pirates of The Caribbean and the highly successful console game Modern Warfare 2. Thanks for reading and your comments are more than welcome Thumb Up!
SledgeHammer

Contributions: 714

Whats the best movie you saw this year?Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:09 am    Subject: Whats the best movie you saw this year? Reply with quote

I have to completely Agree. Inception all the way,
The lack of CGI used for special effects was amazing, I can't believe he built a rotating set (your pic)
The soundtrack, amazing. Hans zimmer deserves his Oscar this year, i can't believe his only if for the lion king...

After seeing the dark knight, I had high hopes for Inception, but Chris Nolan blew me away, he keeps getting better. Roll on THE DARK KNIGHT RISES.

BRRRRRRRRRRR
BRRRRRRRRRRR
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Whats the best movie you saw this year?Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:49 am    Subject: Whats the best movie you saw this year? Reply with quote

RockyMoney wrote:
the storyline being focused around dreams and how you can enter someone elses dream space and plant ideas into them.

Oh, it is, is it? Yes, you can... at least, I know someone who can. Maybe I ought to watch it then... be the first movie I've watched for years Smile

SledgeHammer wrote:
The lack of CGI used for special effects was amazing, I can't believe he built a rotating set (your pic)

Wish more people would make movies that way. Far too many of them these days take the lazy way out with CGI and it never looks as good as traditional techniques done properly... it ruined Lord of the Rings, the CGI monsters and CGI armies/battle scenes were hopeless.
SledgeHammer

Whats the best movie you saw this year?Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:57 am    Subject: Whats the best movie you saw this year? Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
RockyMoney wrote:
the storyline being focused around dreams and how you can enter someone elses dream space and plant ideas into them.

Oh, it is, is it? Yes, you can... at least, I know someone who can. Maybe I ought to watch it then... be the first movie I've watched for years Smile

I'd say it'd be a great movie to watch after years of not watching any.
Now, I'd best warn you, many found the plot confusing, but it can be easily followed I thought, but do whatever it takes to see it, steal a car if you need too. I'd say no one would blame you....
RockyMoney

Whats the best movie you saw this year?Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:36 am    Subject: Whats the best movie you saw this year? Reply with quote

Im with Sledge on this 1, its a must see Pigeon. If you can watch it with surround sound and on Blu Ray to ensure the best experience. And yes the storyline can be confusing for some, i remember going to see it with my step dad and he was having troubles with "The levels that were involved" People who have seen it know what im talking about. Though just 4 days ago front row on BBC4 interviewed Christopher Nolan and he said that its a movie you just watch, not the kind were you try and work out whats gonna happen way before anything has...
Pigeon
Site Admin

Whats the best movie you saw this year?Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:42 am    Subject: Whats the best movie you saw this year? Reply with quote

(looks for torrents) Hehe
SledgeHammer

Whats the best movie you saw this year?Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:52 am    Subject: Whats the best movie you saw this year? Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
(looks for torrents) Hehe

(Looks for brick and note....)

Just kidding!

(Looks for sledgehammer....)
Pigeon
Site Admin

Whats the best movie you saw this year?Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:02 am    Subject: Whats the best movie you saw this year? Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_E0bvOPTRg Big Grin
Grendel

Contributions: 288

Whats the best movie you saw this year?Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:49 am    Subject: Whats the best movie you saw this year? Reply with quote

My fav movie this year was not Inception, though.

My three favorite movies these year have to be Toy Story 3, The Town and Brooklyn's finest.

Toy Story 3 is another Pixar movie. And that should be review enough. I don't know how they do it, but Pixar is yet to produce a movie that's anything less than perfect. They have the formula, and it's really a simple one: story comes first. Have you noticed how, with a Pixar movie, you forget after the first five minutes that you're watching a CGI movie? That's because the stories are so enthralling, the characters so attractive and the dialogue so fluid that you forget every technical detail and concentrate on the meat of the movie: the story you're being told. TS3 is no exception, and the last adventure of Woody, Buzz and friends is filled with drama, laughter, action... and I dare you to watch the last five minutes with dry eyes. Peter Jackson, pay attention: THIS is how you say goodbye to dear friends.

The Town is a really, really good story of bank robbers. I could say a lot of things about this movie, but I don't wanna spoil it. Go watch it.

Brooklyn's Finest is like the bastard son of "Shortcuts" or "Crash" mixed with cops. Three initially unrelated cop stories: Don Cheadle is a deep undercover cop who wants out, Ethan Hawke is a good cop with money problems and Richard Gere is a cop just about to retire, who has never given a damn... and discovers in his last week what's to be a good cop.

Cheadle and Hawke are excellent, as always, but the real surprise of the movie is Richard Gere. I've always tought little of this actor, but in this film he really shines, as he did on Red Corner. If I had to decide between the three movies I've recommended, this would be the one.
SledgeHammer

Whats the best movie you saw this year?Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:59 am    Subject: Whats the best movie you saw this year? Reply with quote

Well, funny you should say that because.'I've never actually went out to see a pixar film, I'm always dragged there, by friends etc or it's her turn to pick a movie.'and there actually great! I remember seeing Up, and i had low expectiations. The first 8-10mins, blew me away. It was a brilliant piece of cinema and music by Michael Gicchino. And the very final shot,'it got me.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Whats the best movie you saw this year?Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:20 pm    Subject: Whats the best movie you saw this year? Reply with quote

Grendel wrote:
Peter Jackson, pay attention: THIS is how you say goodbye to dear friends.

To be fair, though, even Tolkien himself didn't really come up to his own standard on that bit...
Grendel

Whats the best movie you saw this year?Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:33 pm    Subject: Whats the best movie you saw this year? Reply with quote

I don't know. With Tolkien you have the bittersweet goodbye of friends (and I mean the characters and the reader)... with Jackson only the confirmation: Frodo IS gay. Awful actors, and awful actor directing.
RockyMoney

Whats the best movie you saw this year?Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:33 am    Subject: Whats the best movie you saw this year? Reply with quote

I just watched The Town and all i can say is... BLOODY AWESOME! I would recommend this movie to everyone, brilliant storyline with plenty twists and action. Ive watched plenty heist style movies and this is ranked high.
RockyMoney

Whats the best movie you saw this year?Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:22 am    Subject: Whats the best movie you saw this year? Reply with quote

Just finished watching a film called Buried starring Ryan Reynolds. I was very surprised by what they managed to achieve with just 2 cameras! A suspenseful movie that you must see.

Has anybody else watched it, what did you think?
Grendel

Whats the best movie you saw this year?Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:50 am    Subject: Whats the best movie you saw this year? Reply with quote

This is the only example of Spanish cinema that has made me proud this last year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: