Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:11 am    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

It's particularly galling to observe (just now on the Nuts website) that despite apparently eventually understanding my explanations of what went wrong, they have nevertheless used the invalid result of the poll to furnish the basis of the main feature in Tuesday's Nuts. I thought I'd managed to get it through to them that they'd messed it up. Rosie Jones was not the winner - there was no winner, it wasn't a fair vote. It's not just Lucy who was affected; Sophie and Eva, for example, also didn't get a fair crack at it. They should have thrown the whole thing away, left it a few weeks for people to forget about it, and then done another poll, this time without changing things half way through.
Chris

Contributions: 726

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:38 am    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

Nuts probably left Rosie Jones as the winner so they could sell more copies on Tuesday than an issue that didn't have "Sexiest Woman in the World" on it. Not that such a title really means anything anyway. We all know who the true victor in this competition is.
tford

Contributions: 364

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:14 am    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

Chris wrote:
Nuts probably left Rosie Jones as the winner so they could sell more copies on Tuesday than an issue that didn't have "Sexiest Woman in the World" on it. Not that such a title really means anything anyway. We all know who the true victor in this competition is.

they are relentlessly trying to sell her and I just don't understand it. There are so many better up and coming models like Holly Peers to promote.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:08 am    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

Chris wrote:
Nuts probably left Rosie Jones as the winner so they could sell more copies on Tuesday than an issue that didn't have "Sexiest Woman in the World" on it.

What they should have done if they were determined to use that headline right now instead of waiting until they had rerun the vote to get an un-messed-with poll to use for it, is to use the last set of results from before they messed with it. That would give this for the top 10:

87.6 Lucy Pinder
86.6 Kelly Brook
85.1 Rosie Jones
83.9 Jessica-Jane Clement
83.1 Gemma Atkinson
81.9 Holly Peers
81.8 Cheryl Cole
80.8 Jessica Alba
80.6 Eva
80.6 Scarlett Johannson

That's the last half-hourly set before there is clear evidence of wrongness - the set after that has four previously high-scoring models with a score of zero (Eva, Sophie Howard, Emma Frain, and Emma Glover - Lucy was messed with an hour or so later).

Chris wrote:
Not that such a title really means anything anyway. We all know who the true victor in this competition is.

Sure, we do Smile but it's the promotional value to the rest of the world that I'm thinking of...

tford wrote:
Exactly we gotta get Nuts off of Rosie Jones, that girl is just not appealing and I'm confused why they are pushing her and Emma Frain.

...they are relentlessly trying to sell her and I just don't understand it. There are so many better up and coming models like Holly Peers to promote.

Rosie's a nice enough lass but she certainly isn't top flight material in the way Lucy is, or for that matter Sophie, Malene, Lindsey, Eva... (to pick some examples including Eva who I'm not particularly a fan of to try and avoid accusations of bias Hehe) She's not a "natural", she's a "studio product" ie. highly dependent on the photographer getting the angle spot on to look good, and there are plenty of examples of pics in the Nuts galleries where the angle is a few degrees wrong and the photo doesn't work. The other names I've mentioned are "naturals" - Lucy especially, of course - and those same galleries contain vanishingly few examples of pics that don't work, because their good looks are entirely their own and not made by the camera.

Your statement did have me worried that perhaps the poll had been deliberately jiggered to make sure Rosie came out on top, but there seems to be no evidence to support that suspicion - indeed the other name you mention as being overpromoted, Emma Frain, is one of those who had her score reset, so I will stick with the proposition that they were simply messing about with changing the pages and didn't realise that what they were doing was mucking up people's scores.
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:37 am    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

Nuts are probably going to use the results to make a 100 greatest soon i would have thought. All we have to do is wait and see were Lucy placed, obviously im not happy if shes anywhere past 3rd. Then we've got the special Christmas shoot with Lucy and Sophie shortly after. The fact that Nuts now know what they did wrong does help but to fully mend what was faulted they should have just restarted the poll, it seems like a logical answer that would appeal to everyone dont you think? At the end of the day theirs always gonna be problems like these arising, its just a shame it always happens to our favorite girl Sad Still, optimism is key here and Lucy's with a good management at the moment so things are gonna turn around in the new year which im certain of Thumb Up!
Pigeon
Site Admin

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:33 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

RockyMoney wrote:
Nuts are probably going to use the results to make a 100 greatest soon i would have thought.

Tomorrow's issue...

RockyMoney wrote:
All we have to do is wait and see were Lucy placed, obviously im not happy if shes anywhere past 3rd.

Final result had Lucy with 84.0% in joint third place with Emma Glover.

RockyMoney wrote:
Then we've got the special Christmas shoot with Lucy and Sophie shortly after.

...which is definitely one to look forward to Big Grin

RockyMoney wrote:
The fact that Nuts now know what they did wrong does help but to fully mend what was faulted they should have just restarted the poll, it seems like a logical answer that would appeal to everyone dont you think?

I'm kicking myself for not realising they were only going to keep it running for a week Wry I was hoping it would run for a good month or so, which might have given enough time for enough votes to come in to render the anomalies introduced by resetting the counts insignificant. So I didn't say anything at the time the reset happened, in the interests of not kicking up a fuss... if I'd known it was going to be such a short one I'd have said something earlier in the hope that they might correct it while it was still running Sad

RockyMoney wrote:
At the end of the day theirs always gonna be problems like these arising, its just a shame it always happens to our favorite girl Sad

Isn't it just Sad

RockyMoney wrote:
Still, optimism is key here and Lucy's with a good management at the moment so things are gonna turn around in the new year which im certain of Thumb Up!

In fairness, as far as number of features in Nuts goes we have had a very good year Big Grin it's just this messed-up poll which is a real downer.

What I'm hoping for in the new year is (1) for the Star to stop acting the donkey and get Lucy back regularly on page 3, and (2) for Lucy to get some good TV work Big Grin - seeing as it's a year now since she last recorded anything...
kilbs

Contributions: 214

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:42 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

This is MEGA UNFAIR its not the point if they did it on purpose or not the point is they never put it right and still used it wrong. what it ought to be now is Lucy and Sophie Howard and Eva and the 2 Emmas all get together and complain to nuts about messing their votes up and not doing a new poll Sad
--disabled--

Contributions: 263

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:59 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

I agree kilbs. Thumb Up!
sexybeast

Contributions: 755

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:46 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

Pigeon started this thread on 17th..i'm assuming thats when the poll must have started...n they shut down things about 3-4 days back?...which would be 24th-25th of this month...thats hardly enough time for anything(i know cause i spend two years working for a magazine)...and yet they are ready with a new issue trying to push Rosie Jones into the limelite again( in spite of all the confusion regarding the votes)...doesn't take a genius to figure out HOW N WHY...Lucy would eventually give up Nuts etc and move on to other things...hopefully a film n tv career Smile ...i guess what nuts is trying to do now is create a new icon to take our favorite lady's place...only wish they could have thought of someone better( no offence to Miss Jones or her tribe) to replace the IRREPLACABLE Big Smile
Pigeon
Site Admin

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:03 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

If you're right it's a distinct case of jumping the gun, Lucy's said many times that she'll go on modelling as long as she keeps getting work...
sexybeast

Contributions: 755

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:14 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

i hope she does keep it up forever...but one day sumday she will give it all up for a more intellectualy stimulating career...and with her decision to stop doing topless vids etc it seems she is looking to change tracks sometime in the near future
Pigeon
Site Admin

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

Well here's some great news chaps, Nuts are more on the ball than the sneak peek made it look like Big Grin

They have simply used their pre-existing Rosie shoot to headline the feature in today's Nuts. That's all. They have made no reference to the poll whatsoever Big Grin

So hats off to Nuts for doing their best to retrieve the situation Thumb Up!
kilbs

Contributions: 214

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:15 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

Yeh I saw that I flipped when I saw the sneak peek too. theyre not so bad after all Thumb Up!
Pigeon
Site Admin

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:37 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

I have made a point of congratulating them Wink
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:42 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

Big Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: