Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kilbs

Contributions: 214

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:55 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
Their utterly stupid action in resetting some but not all of the counts half way through has totally ruined it - judging by the facebook "like" counts on Lucy's page before and after the reset, they threw away about three-quarters of all the votes Lucy got by doing that, and now they have taken it down far too early instead of leaving it running for a few more months so the error caused by the pointless partial reset became insignificant.

What the heck they reset some of the counts for and why they didn't at the very least reset all of them I have no idea, but it unfairly penalised Lucy (and some others) and unfairly boosted the ones they didn't reset, and the outcome of the poll is thereby rendered meaningless.

That is SO NOT FAIR ON LUCY Weep Weep Thumb Down Thumb Down wtf do they have to do that to her for Thumb Down
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:29 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

Undoubtedly it's just stupidity rather than malice Wink but still a fairly extreme case thereof...
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:55 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

This very situation i think is a prime example of when Nuts get utterly careless. in this instance an email sent to Nuts describing the stupidity would DEFINITELY benefit everyone dont you think? For anyone who feels up for emailing them here is Nuts email address:
nutsmagazine@ipcmedia.com

Although i do feel unfazed at the same time, at the end of the day my thoughts of where Lucy belongs on the list are still the same and Lucy knows herself she deserves to be at number 1. Its a shame that the world is unjust and unfair Sad I say we all band together and email Nuts and see what they. If we all unite they cant ignore us!
Pigeon
Site Admin

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:06 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

I'd hang fire on that for the moment if I were you, they don't at the moment seem to realise that they did lose Lucy's votes! They seem to think the "Likes" count going down was facebook's fault and don't realise that it wasn't and that all the votes were lost at the same time. Either they've forgotten they changed her link or they think they only changed the picture and somehow don't realise that the new picture was on a whole new page with a whole new fresh zero score. Or something like that. I'm trying to explain it to them... Maybe I ought to apply for a job on their IT team, then things like this wouldn't happen Hehe
IronSlash

Contributions: 15

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:36 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

Sometimes, results from this kind of survey is "arranged", fixed by the admins so any "more popular" model could make it and the last time I've seen the link (now deactivated), it was Emma Glover. Lucy was 4th, Holly Peers was... 11th (wth, she's a better model than all). And I understand why Lindsey Strutt dropped (she's no more the same hot model).
Pigeon
Site Admin

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:04 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

FHM are notorious for doing that, but I don't figure that's what Nuts are doing. I've found before that while their IT team are fully clued up, the editorial side don't seem to understand the technicalities of how their polls actually work, and it certainly seems at the moment that they simply don't understand what effect their changing Lucy's page had on the vote count.
kilbs

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:38 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
Maybe I ought to apply for a job on their IT team, then things like this wouldn't happen Hehe

Yeh go on do it Smile its not right if they think Lucys not done well when really she did.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:02 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

It was a joke Smile they're not a *nix-only shop, they have some Microsoft products and that would be instant death for me Smile

Mind you if they do have a vacancy with *nix involvement I'd be right up for it Big Smile
Pigeon
Site Admin

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:01 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

Well, it seems they have now understood what the problem was, and will watch out for it in future, so Thumb Up! to Nuts Smile
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:22 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

Thumb Up!
kilbs

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:34 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

cool Thumb Up!

whats *nix?
sexybeast

Contributions: 755

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:20 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

Frankly i don't give a rats ass about THE FUTURE...Lucy should have won now and thats all there is to it Grandad ...not done Thumb Down
Pigeon
Site Admin

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:28 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

kilbs wrote:
whats *nix?

Means "any Unix-based operating system", such as Unix itself, Linux, BSD, AIX, HP/UX...

sexybeast wrote:
Frankly i don't give a rats ass about THE FUTURE...Lucy should have won now and thats all there is to it Grandad ...not done Thumb Down

I care a lot about the future, hence this site's existence... Smile

But at least as far as "now" is concerned Nuts do, as I say, appear to understand what they did wrong...
sexybeast

Contributions: 755

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:11 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

Of course i do care about the FUTURE too...and i do have the utmost respect for NUTS...after all its them that gave us the best Lucy pics n videos ever..and i do mean ever...but for a publication of this magnitude to say that they screwed up cause they were not well versed with the technicaities is outright unforgivable...the end result being that Lucy lost the poll...not the end of the world though...maybe they can do a new lavish shoot with her to make up for their mistake Hehe
tford

Contributions: 364

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:40 am    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
Well... the polls aren't all the same, some of them do finish with a definite result which is reflected in a magazine feature, while some of them just never close and so never achieve a final result.

Since we don't know in advance which it's going to be the appropriate thing to do is consider it as one of the first kind and treat it as something which - if all goes well - will eventually result in Lucy being declared sexiest woman of 2010.

This would be of benefit to everyone - to Lucy herself and to the fans.

To Lucy herself, because of the resulting headline position she gets in the feature, listing all the runners-up with Lucy taking pride of place at number one with the biggest picture - even if it does turn out to be an old one.

But more than that, it shows that she can still hold pride of place as top model and has not been knocked off her perch by some upstart newcomer. We don't want them thinking "let's feature so-and-so instead." And with Lucy's career being as long as it has been to continue winning things becomes more important the longer it goes on.

It also provides a valuable point to go on her "CV" - and this is especially important as with things being what they are as regards the lack of any appearances outside Nuts, there isn't much by way of other sources of impressive CV points for her.

And for the fans - it is obvious that anything that boosts Lucy's success, no matter in how small a way, is a good result for the fans who benefit from her success.

I know there are some people who look a bit askance at the "Nuts culture" - but the fact is that's what Lucy depends on at the moment. I myself would certainly like to see Lucy in more, and more upmarket, publications, and I do find the "Nuts culture" somewhat worrying since it's such an all-the-eggs-in-one-basket sort of thing for her. But since it is like that, since she does do well in Nuts, and since the best way to help her achieve more widespread notice in future is to do the best we can for her success in what she is doing at the present, we should support Lucy and help to make that present success as great as possible.

And really, how much effort is it to click a mouse button, compared with the pleasure she brings us all? Plus it's rare enough that we get any sort of chance to give anything back to her for that... so even if it is only a little that we can give back, it's worth making the trivial effort to do so. After all, we all owe her Smile

So please, everyone, do make that tiny little effort to vote for Lucy. And also to click the "Like" button as well as voting. It's not hard, it helps Lucy and helping Lucy helps all of us.

Exactly we gotta get Nuts off of Rosie Jones, that girl is just not appealing and I'm confused why they are pushing her and Emma Frain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: