Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:06 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

There's something up with the poll at the moment by the looks of it, I'm not sure but I think the way results are averaged between the different voting servers is malfunctioning... some very strange stuff going on.

So keep voting everyone!

And do make sure please to click the Facebook "Like" button on Lucy's page, regardless of the poll results we need more clicks on that!

http://www.nuts.co.uk/132870/the-sexiest-women-in-the-world/item/133335
--disabled--

Contributions: 263

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:52 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

When does the voting end, and does it do any good to vote more then once? Smile
Pigeon
Site Admin

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:22 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

Toddf wrote:
When does the voting end,

No idea I'm afraid. Sometimes they only last a week and sometimes they stay up for so long that Nuts forget they exist, and there's never any indication which it will be.

Toddf wrote:
and does it do any good to vote more then once? Smile

Yes, there's no built-in protection whatsoever against multiple voting. Which has in the past led to the setting up of voting robots whose activity hasn't been noticed until they start voting so much they slow the servers down... see threads on previous polls. Now both Nuts and myself keep an eye on things to detect these (that's what I meant by "it's being monitored"), but as far as actual people voting with browsers are concerned, multiple votes do count.
kilbs

Contributions: 214

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:40 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

Oh not those d**kheads theyre not doing it again are they. cos its not looking good at the moment.

anyway Im voting for Lucy Big Grin and Im voting down the ones on top of her too Big Grin
Pigeon
Site Admin

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:05 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

kilbs wrote:
Oh not those d**kheads theyre not doing it again are they. cos its not looking good at the moment.

I don't think so, I can't be conclusive as there are conflicting signals in the data but it looks like the main problem is that the vote servers are continually out of sync and the aggregation isn't working properly, so a lot of what we get to see as the results is from a server with a very skewed set of votes on it, rather than the proper overall average from all the servers. Plus the ill effects from Nuts rearranging the whole thing for no reason and messing the counts up haven't completely worked out of the system yet. I must admit I'm not completely easy in my mind but at the moment I'm looking at "malfunction" rather than "malevolence".

What is important - as I keep saying - is to make use of the facebook "like" button as well as voting, because the count from that was also lost when Nuts messed the whole thing up and since they know that the poll is screwable-with but the "like" button isn't, they are more likely to attach real significance to the "like" count than the vote itself.
kilbs

Contributions: 214

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:31 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

ok thank you thats something I suppose.

what did they mess it all about for anyway?
Pigeon
Site Admin

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:53 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

Goodness knows. Some complete div on facebook was moaning at them to change Lucy's picture - and most unfortunately, they listened, and changed it to a much less inviting one, which was a really dumb thing to do Mad in the original pic Lucy had a lovely "come on, vote for me" smile whereas in the one they replaced it with she looks much more aggressive and less inviting (plus it's not the best of pics anyway in terms of how it shows her off, it makes her boobs look flat). Bad move. It was at the same time that they did that that they changed all the pages around - and I have no idea why, they could have just changed the img tag on the original page rather than creating a whole new page - and it would have been simpler to do that too... so I'm completely baffled by that.
sexybeast

Contributions: 755

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:25 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

totally confused now...voted once when it all started...and then again yesterday when P said things have changed n everybody needs to re-vote...but i saw her slipping down the list...do i have to or can i vote again?...is there sumthing we can do to help?...cause we all need to realize that if she wins now it means so many more Lucy shoots n covers for us in the coming year...that should be incentive enough for us
Pigeon
Site Admin

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:28 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

See my reply to ToddF Wink - yes, you can Smile just don't use a robot for it!
Pigeon
Site Admin

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:24 am    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

And while we're at it - as we all know, Lucy is a big fan of Southampton FC. And now you can vote for her as the sexiest celeb football fan! Here's the link: http://www.nuts.co.uk/133700/sexy-celeb-football-fans/item/133819
redhawk

Contributions: 274

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:00 am    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

no probs Wink
tford

Contributions: 363

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:45 am    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

I voted for her. 10/10 baby!
Pigeon
Site Admin

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:43 am    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

Nice one Thumb Up!

...It does appear that a certain amount of importance is attached to this, I'll stick my neck out and say that Lucy does care about it Smile Certainly Lindsey and Sophie both do (which is why I've posted their links in their threads in Other Models), and Lucy, since unlike them - or indeed any of the other models on the list - she is only appearing in Nuts and not anything else, has a greater interest in the result Wink

And we do have a problem in that a lot of people saw it on the Nuts website when it first came out, voted, and then forgot about it and haven't been back; then when Nuts messed about with it, their votes were lost - as were their facebook "like" points - that we haven't seen the "like" count get anywhere near back to where it was before it was spoiled is a good indication that there was an initial flood of voters and their numbers haven't been matched since.

So we are fighting against the phenomenon of the short attention span. Please, for Lucy, don't forget about it - post Lucy's link anywhere Lucy-connected you have a login on, let's try and make up for all those lost votes.
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:10 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

Thumb Up!
Pigeon
Site Admin

Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the WorldPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:28 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy Pinder in Nuts Sexiest Women in the World Reply with quote

AAARRRGGGHHH Furious

It's at times like this that I really wish I could swear on here.

I am not in a good mood Censored Censored Censored

Nuts have now taken the poll down - the list-of-candidates page still exists, but none of the voting pages work any more.

The problem? Their utterly stupid action in resetting some but not all of the counts half way through has totally ruined it - judging by the facebook "like" counts on Lucy's page before and after the reset, they threw away about three-quarters of all the votes Lucy got by doing that, and now they have taken it down far too early instead of leaving it running for a few more months so the error caused by the pointless partial reset became insignificant.

What the heck they reset some of the counts for and why they didn't at the very least reset all of them I have no idea, but it unfairly penalised Lucy (and some others) and unfairly boosted the ones they didn't reset, and the outcome of the poll is thereby rendered meaningless.

They could at least have remedied the problem by leaving it up for long enough that enough votes came in that the lost ones didn't matter, but no, they've gone and taken it down already.

The last two polls were ruined by mongs with voting bots, now this one's been ruined by Nuts themselves messing with the counts more thoroughly than the bots ever did.

Sorry, Lucy, you've been screwed over by idiots who can't work a computer. Well I suppose it makes a change from being screwed over by idiots who can work one too well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: