Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Vote for Lucy in Nuts "Best Boobs in Britain"
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kilbs

Contributions: 214

Vote for Lucy in Nuts "Best Boobs in Britain"Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:02 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy in Nuts "Best Boobs in Britain" Reply with quote

Yeh Ive been voting but nothing happens. whats a botnet?
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Vote for Lucy in Nuts "Best Boobs in Britain"Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:07 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy in Nuts "Best Boobs in Britain" Reply with quote

A botnet is essentially a collection of thousands of computers which are all infected with the same virus. The computers belong to random ordinary people using the internet who don't know they've got the virus. The virus allows some unknown evil person to use all those computers to do something evil without the owners realising it's happening and without anyone being able to find out who is doing the evil thing.

Usually botnets are used to send millions of spam emails or to register spam profiles on forums. In this case, however, someone's got one set up to vote Lucy down and Jana up Furious

As I say I've been analysing it and that's the only explanation that fits the observations. Looking at how Lucy has dropped so far so fast, while Jana has gone up, nobody else has moved and it takes an enormous number of votes to move anyone significantly. Yet Jana has a very small fan base - certainly in the Nuts context - and Lucy has a massive one... So there's no reason for that to happen in the normal course of events.

But Jana does come from an area of the world where they do love their botnets and attacks on other people's computers. And some selfish get has set one up to attack Lucy and I am not happy about it. (Yes, I know we're trying to get Lucy up. But it matters for Lucy, it's her main area and it's her magazine. It doesn't matter for Jana, her main area is... the sort of thing that would never be in Nuts.)

And because it's thousands of computers there's nothing any of us can do to compete. I've been sending thousands of votes but I'm only one guy... there need to be thousands of me all doing it to make any difference.

Really what Nuts need to do is pull Jana out of it and restart the contest... I don't even know why she's in it to begin with, she hardly ever appears in Nuts and she's not even British... But otherwise it's not a "best boobs" contest at all, it's a "who comes from the country with the most dark-side hackers" contest.
kilbs

Vote for Lucy in Nuts "Best Boobs in Britain"Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:37 am    Subject: Vote for Lucy in Nuts "Best Boobs in Britain" Reply with quote

Thats really bad cant you do anything, cant you hack them back or something?
Dib

Contributions: 276

Vote for Lucy in Nuts "Best Boobs in Britain"Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:24 am    Subject: Vote for Lucy in Nuts "Best Boobs in Britain" Reply with quote

We're two of us Pigeon... and we're not sufficient. Sad
Pigeon
Site Admin

Vote for Lucy in Nuts "Best Boobs in Britain"Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:34 am    Subject: Vote for Lucy in Nuts "Best Boobs in Britain" Reply with quote

kilbs wrote:
Thats really bad cant you do anything, cant you hack them back or something?

'Fraid not. And for why...? Well I don't "hack" things in the breaking-security sense, I don't do that. But even if I did it's not the actual miscreants' own computers. It's thousands of computers belonging to innocent Joes who don't know what's happening. You can't zap someone for something that's not their intention or fault, even if it was practical. Which it isn't because of the numbers of them and not knowing where they are. The ones to go for are the people controlling it, and there's not a chance of finding them.

If there was something I could do about it not only would we not be seeing the current fiasco, there wouldn't be 300 spambots a week registering on the official site...

There's definitely no other reasonable explanation. For Lucy to fall so far and so fast, while Jana goes up, and nobody else moves, in so short a time, requires a rate of voting against Lucy and for Jana which is simply not possible by human agency. Especially since it was the middle of the night when it happened while potential voters are in bed. To effect so large a change requires tens if not hundreds of thousands of votes. It's no way people doing it.

And there's no way I or all of us together can vote fast enough to put Lucy back where she belongs and I can't put the botnet out of action, so all I can do is post up that it's happening along with the sound reasons for making that deduction so it's on public record that it's a meaningless poll.

Dib wrote:
We're two of us Pigeon... and we're not sufficient. Sad

I am sad to say that you're right Sad
Pigeon
Site Admin

Vote for Lucy in Nuts "Best Boobs in Britain"Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:43 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy in Nuts "Best Boobs in Britain" Reply with quote

To clarify... in case my perhaps-somewhat-abrasive comments give anyone the wrong impression.

... I certainly don't have anything against Jana personally, in fact I quite like her as it happens, and I'm not in any way accusing her of doing it herself.

The point is... it's Lucy's interests which are my concern.

Don't give up... Keep voting everyone!
Pigeon
Site Admin

Vote for Lucy in Nuts "Best Boobs in Britain"Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:40 am    Subject: Vote for Lucy in Nuts "Best Boobs in Britain" Reply with quote

...Well, well, well Big Grin

Look who's on top this morning Big Grin

Excellent way to start the week Big Grin

Now let's make sure she stays there chaps...
Dib

Contributions: 276

Vote for Lucy in Nuts "Best Boobs in Britain"Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:59 am    Subject: Vote for Lucy in Nuts "Best Boobs in Britain" Reply with quote

I don't know how it happened, but I'm really happy.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Vote for Lucy in Nuts "Best Boobs in Britain"Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:50 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy in Nuts "Best Boobs in Britain" Reply with quote

I am reminded of what my chemistry teacher (RIP) used to say... "Only you and God know, and he's not saying..." he was a distinctly memorable character, and that utterance of his tends to pop into my mind in many situations where it is even vaguely applicable Big Smile

Lucy seems to have reassumed the position she was in before the "crash"... she had been slowly but steadily rising, and she seems to be back at roughly the same percentage now Big Grin

Bit odd that Jana has dropped so far though, that does surprise me. And it would, it must be admitted, be nice for her to achieve a respectable second to Lucy... be a shame if she "sunk into obscurity" among the rest of the not-really-Nuts-girls candidates. I wouldn't count myself as a "follower" at all but from what little I know of her I do think she's a nice person.

Still. It's Lucy who really stands to benefit so keep it up everyone!
kilbs

Vote for Lucy in Nuts "Best Boobs in Britain"Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:36 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy in Nuts "Best Boobs in Britain" Reply with quote

This is really cool what hapeneed to the spammers?

oh yeh I posted your message. Smile
Pigeon
Site Admin

Vote for Lucy in Nuts "Best Boobs in Britain"Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:48 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy in Nuts "Best Boobs in Britain" Reply with quote

kilbs wrote:
oh yeh I posted your message. Smile

kilbs you... Roll Eyes That was for you to tell whoever it was in private. Not post it...

kilbs wrote:
This is really cool what hapeneed to the spammers?

I have a nasty feeling they're back. And I am not happy. Nor will Lucy be if I'm right. Mad

AS MANY VOTES AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN EVERYONE PLEASE.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Vote for Lucy in Nuts "Best Boobs in Britain"Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:52 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy in Nuts "Best Boobs in Britain" Reply with quote

...Well it's been fairly steady... Lucy is still number 1 Smile which means, of course... carry on Lucy fans, let's keep it that way!
Pigeon
Site Admin

Vote for Lucy in Nuts "Best Boobs in Britain"Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:52 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy in Nuts "Best Boobs in Britain" Reply with quote

...Looking flakier today. Shout COME ON THE LUCY CREW!!!
Pigeon
Site Admin

Vote for Lucy in Nuts "Best Boobs in Britain"Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:56 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy in Nuts "Best Boobs in Britain" Reply with quote

...Well Lucy seems to have pretty well maintained her position while I wasn't around, so let's be sure to keep her there! Smile
kilbs

Vote for Lucy in Nuts "Best Boobs in Britain"Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:33 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy in Nuts "Best Boobs in Britain" Reply with quote

Jens done it Big Grin shes onto them look at tthis.

Jen wrote:
No. In fact there is no cheating in favour of Lucy. However there has been some cheating in favour of Jana.

Neither Lucy nor (I can only assume) Jana are responsible for this idiots actions.

I suggest the person who has rigged up a voting bot should remove it, I will be letting Nuts know today.

Edited to add quote tags. ~ P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: