Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Vote for Lucy in Maxim Hot 100
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linkweed

Contributions: 1133

Vote for Lucy in Maxim Hot 100Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:39 am    Subject: Vote for Lucy in Maxim Hot 100 Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
Without GM there would be no mobile site.

Good to know. It also seemed odd that theres all these relatively low key models that have websites with members areas (CaraBrett is in my mind) yet Lucy is the one with a mobilesite. I can see it going like Lucy telling them a website would be a great idea and GM saying "yea sure you can have a website..a mobile site Hehe" and laughing behind her. Course thats just in my head Big Laugh
If Lucy leaves GM that would be a very welcome surprise, but it still seems incredibly unlikely.
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

Vote for Lucy in Maxim Hot 100Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:08 am    Subject: Vote for Lucy in Maxim Hot 100 Reply with quote

Linkweed raised a very good point about the mobile site. IF Lucy left GM I'm sure she could re-integrate the mobile site or even better... Start again from scratch! Hehe The thought of having a mobile site over a normal PC site is simply stupid in my opinion, we want HD vids for PC use not crummy mobile phones! If someone turned round and said to me that the mobile site was Lucy's idea I'd simply not believe them. I don't mean to sound like a moaning prat but in many ways the mobile site is a failure (And thats coming from a long time LP fan).

Lucy has certainly helped GM get noticed and is striving to help the management go much further BUT PERHAPS it's time for Lucy to move to another management? How long has Lucy been with GM?

Having said that Lucy has had some media exposure whilst at GM, most recently her radio interview on BBC Radio 4 which went really well. We've also had a relatively good amount of shoots and events Smile
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Vote for Lucy in Maxim Hot 100Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:10 am    Subject: Vote for Lucy in Maxim Hot 100 Reply with quote

The origin of the mobile site was a bit more complicated than that Smile

It was another of these unpleasant situations where someone messes Lucy's head up for their own gain Sad At the time MNS Media were in bed with GM, doing a lot of their models' websites, and through them pushed the idea on Lucy. It actually started a year or more before we saw any result; Lucy at first very sensibly nixed the idea, but they kept on pushing until they managed to manipulate her thought processes into accepting it.

After they made such an appalling screwup of the job, GM pulled them off it and subsequently off their other models' sites as well Smile But they'd done a sufficiently thorough job of messing Lucy's head up that she couldn't get back her previous sensible attitude to the dumb idea. So instead of junking it completely, GM got a different bunch in to run it. Lucy is now stuck with this millstone round her neck because she's been Derren-Brown-ed into thinking it's a pillow Sad
linkweed

Vote for Lucy in Maxim Hot 100Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:01 am    Subject: Vote for Lucy in Maxim Hot 100 Reply with quote

Good to know some of the background behind the mobile site Wink.
I remember in an email from Steve earlier this month that he mentioned there would be brand new PC wallpapers by the end of January. Im not a member but no one has mentioned it in the other thread so I can assume thats another thing that was pure speculation. Steve also told me that a lot of the time the content is slow getting to them, which is why theyve gone weeks without updates sometimes. This only strengthens my theory that GM have little to no interest in her site and its purely something that "needs to be dealt with" every couple weeks rather than expanded on.

Maybe in half a year or so these posts will be moot and her career will be thriving. Some optimism for a change Hehe
Pigeon
Site Admin

Vote for Lucy in Maxim Hot 100Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:03 am    Subject: Vote for Lucy in Maxim Hot 100 Reply with quote

RockyMoney wrote:
Linkweed raised a very good point about the mobile site. IF Lucy left GM I'm sure she could re-integrate the mobile site or even better... Start again from scratch! Hehe The thought of having a mobile site over a normal PC site is simply stupid in my opinion, we want HD vids for PC use not crummy mobile phones! If someone turned round and said to me that the mobile site was Lucy's idea I'd simply not believe them. I don't mean to sound like a moaning prat but in many ways the mobile site is a failure (And thats coming from a long time LP fan).

I wouldn't worry about "moaning", I too am a long time LP fan Smile but also I am not of a mind to pretend that everything's OK when it blatantly isn't... that doesn't help anybody Smile If something's bad but everyone pretends there's nothing wrong then it just stays bad... as I said in the Nuts thread, Lucy and GM really ought to read this forum as a source of genuinely useful feedback.

There would be no technical problem with moving the paysite and even less in starting from scratch - heck, I could have one up and running as soon as I got the material to put on it if I used existing open-source packages; within a few days if I used the photo/video gallery backend that this site uses with a shopping cart frontend on it; or within less than two weeks max if I coded the whole thing from scratch... and Lucy wouldn't have to pay anything to run it Smile

The problem is the whole paysite idea is flawed. Even the hardcore fans are reluctant to pay for stuff off a website. The great masses will just not bother and instead turn to the vast amount of material from all the other models who do provide topless videos for free. All it achieves is to cause people to lose interest in Lucy because she isn't giving them what they want whereas loads of other models are.

Furthermore, if it was ever going to get anywhere it needed to get off to a flying start, and be spot on free of problems from the word go. Whereas in reality the start was totally ruined by MNS's bungling, and even now they're gone, and it's nearly a year later, the thing still isn't all together. It's massively missed its window of opportunity and it's never going to get anywhere now - it's just a dead weight.

Even if Lucy had not only free hosting but free shoots for it as well, so she didn't have to spend anything at all to run it, it'll never be more than pocket money. Her most financially profitable move would be to bin the idea altogether, go back to allowing topless videos and outtake galleries on the Nuts website, and take advantage of the resulting increase in her popularity to gain more commissions.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Vote for Lucy in Maxim Hot 100Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:52 am    Subject: Vote for Lucy in Maxim Hot 100 Reply with quote

linkweed wrote:
I remember in an email from Steve earlier this month that he mentioned there would be brand new PC wallpapers by the end of January. Im not a member but no one has mentioned it in the other thread so I can assume thats another thing that was pure speculation.

AFAIK you're right, from what I can gather it still has only pics in roughly the size they appear on the Nuts website.

linkweed wrote:
Steve also told me that a lot of the time the content is slow getting to them, which is why theyve gone weeks without updates sometimes. This only strengthens my theory that GM have little to no interest in her site and its purely something that "needs to be dealt with" every couple weeks rather than expanded on.

Indeed that does happen, and I agree with your conclusion... May well be because of the need to do everything as cheaply as possible to minimise the losses.

Come to that, I suspect Lucy herself doesn't take much interest in it - after all, there are only three shoots represented in the videos - the most recent one, the 2012 calendar one, and the Nuts/Aussie Picture one from 2010. As far as she's concerned she's produced the material long ago, and she should be able to just let it trundle on in the background, GM supplying the material to the site at regular intervals and the site putting it up, without her having to do anything. But she doesn't find out this isn't happening until it's been not happening for weeks, which wouldn't be the case if she was checking it out herself and saying "oi, why haven't you sent them this week's video yet".

Same thing yet again - Lucy putting her trust in people who are not worthy of it... and continuing to do so long after it's been shown to be a mistake Sad Lucy, you're too nice Cry The world is not all sweetness and roses and full of nice people. Everyone you deal with is in it for themselves. Not for you... Especially in the modelling industry. Nobody actually cares about you - they just pretend to - except insofar as they can make money off you, and when they can't there are plenty more models coming along instead.

...Both models and fans are what is termed an "abundant resource", one that cannot be exhausted - there are plenty more where the last lot came from, and there always will be. Plus the market is more or less saturated. So the industry can get away with treating both models and fans like crap - one lot goes, another lot seamlessly takes their place, and they'll keep on making money whatever happens. They don't have to bother caring about models with screwed-up careers or disappointed fans, they can just replace them - with newer, cheaper models - and carry on coining it in.

Dave Read may be an asshole but one thing I will give him is that he was open enough to admit on camera that all he cared about was his bank account... But the rest of the industry is exactly the same, it's just that most of them hide it beneath a veneer of pretending to care about the actual people. Which is pretty slimy, really...

(What is it about this time of night that I just can't stop typing Hehe)
Poggy

Contributions: 581

Vote for Lucy in Maxim Hot 100Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:34 am    Subject: Vote for Lucy in Maxim Hot 100 Reply with quote

These are some subjects I've spoken with Pigeon on in PM too.

GM has grossly mismanaged Lucy IMO. They have never seemed to have been interested in promoting Lucy. More a case of using Lucy to promote them. It all seemed to be a great marriage made in heaven when Lucy signed for them. Getting away from Neon that was doing this same thing with Lucy. Other top models followed Lucy too like Lindsey. But none of them seem to have turned for the better. If anything their careers have stalled at GM. Lindsey and Lucy both have seemed to have been given the same advice on weight loss from somewhere. That IMO seems to have been bad advice on both counts. Both seemed to have lost something in it. Lindsey at the moment seems to be putting the weight back on. Where as Lucy doesn't. What needs to be remembered here. They got into modelling with that weight on and became big stars. When it has been lost they seem to have lost some of that shine with everyone. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Lucy's whole website is been badly run. Look at some of the other models such as Lindsey Strutt, Jodie Gasson, Melissa Debling, etc. They all produce top quality exclusive shoots for their websites. Where as Lucy doesn't. No Lucy's been advise to do this on very low quality mobile content. It just not the same in the modern world of today. Most people have smartphones, tablets and laptops to log on to the web where ever they are. So don't go for these little mobilephone things anymore. That is even if they did at anytime.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Vote for Lucy in Maxim Hot 100Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:01 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy in Maxim Hot 100 Reply with quote

Poggy wrote:
GM has grossly mismanaged Lucy IMO. They have never seemed to have been interested in promoting Lucy. More a case of using Lucy to promote them.

Just had some proof of this too...

A new film which is currently in casting expressed an interest in Lucy Big Smile and want her to get in touch...

So I passed this on to GM... of course Smile

As well as the obvious aim of making sure Lucy gets the opportunity, I had a secondary purpose as well... to test GM's commitment.

They failed the test.

No response of any kind. Not even the most basic acknowledgement of receipt of the messages.

A great opening for Lucy dropped in their lap and they just can't be bothered. Why don't they just put up a big neon sign saying "We don't give a monkey's", it would be hard to make it more obvious.

The sooner Lucy kicks them into touch the better.
linkweed

Vote for Lucy in Maxim Hot 100Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:11 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy in Maxim Hot 100 Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
They failed the test.

No response of any kind. Not even the most basic acknowledgement of receipt of the messages.
D'oh! of course, they wouldnt dare risk losing their semi weekly blog updates.
In all seriousness though, that sounds very odd. Has it been long since you sent it? maybe they are checking out the sources. Doesnt make sense that theyd avoid showing her this movie as it will help promote GM even more. Something they obviously bank a lot on Lucy.
RockyMoney

Vote for Lucy in Maxim Hot 100Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:31 pm    Subject: Vote for Lucy in Maxim Hot 100 Reply with quote

This is annoying! Spinning Eyes Take a look at the tweet...

They would like Lucy to have a role, Lucy needs to read that tweet! Spinning Eyes Hehe
eazy_g

Contributions: 416

Vote for Lucy in Maxim Hot 100Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:05 am    Subject: Vote for Lucy in Maxim Hot 100 Reply with quote

RockyMoney wrote:
This is annoying! Spinning Eyes Take a look at the tweet...

They would like Lucy to have a role, Lucy needs to read that tweet! Spinning Eyes Hehe

I sure hope Lucy gets better roles as an actress besides those slasher horror movies (What that looks like)
RockyMoney

Vote for Lucy in Maxim Hot 100Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:19 am    Subject: Vote for Lucy in Maxim Hot 100 Reply with quote

My guess is that Lucy has either read the tweet since then or has been contacted by the creators of the movie. It wouldn't make sense if they hadnt! Hehe Thumb Up!
Grendel

Contributions: 288

Vote for Lucy in Maxim Hot 100Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:35 am    Subject: Vote for Lucy in Maxim Hot 100 Reply with quote

That twitter avatar is a phone shaped as a female (well-endowed) torso with a thong? Classy....
Pigeon
Site Admin

Vote for Lucy in Maxim Hot 100Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:55 am    Subject: Vote for Lucy in Maxim Hot 100 Reply with quote

eazy_g wrote:
I sure hope Lucy gets better roles as an actress besides those slasher horror movies (What that looks like)

That is indeed what it is, and I hope the same Smile They're not parts that will win any Oscars, and personally I hate the whole horror genre. But you have to start somewhere, Lucy does like horror movies, and they've expressed an interest in her... it may not be her Bond villainess, but it is a small step on the way to it Smile
Poggy

Contributions: 581

Vote for Lucy in Maxim Hot 100Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:04 am    Subject: Vote for Lucy in Maxim Hot 100 Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
eazy_g wrote:

That is indeed what it is, and I hope the same Smile They're not parts that will win any Oscars, and personally I hate the whole horror genre. But you have to start somewhere, Lucy does like horror movies, and they've expressed an interest in her... it may not be her Bond villainess, but it is a small step on the way to it Smile

Nothing wrong with a good horror in my book. It all depends on the budget though. Most of the British ones are that low they turn into a joke.

What Lucy needs is someone to come along with a decent budget movie or TV project and give Lucy a major part in it. Where Lucy is on screen for some time to show everyone what she can do. The question is does anyone have the nerve to do it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: