Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Videos for iphone/ipad/ipod
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Site News and Queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Videos for iphone/ipad/ipodPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:03 pm    Subject: Videos for iphone/ipad/ipod Reply with quote

OK chaps... I've been playing with the Lucy Pinder videos on this site to try and make them work on Apple mobile devices.

All the videos are now in mp4 format - this applies even if you're not using an Apple device. I don't anticipate this causing any problems since youtube now uses mp4 and if you can see youtube you ought to be able to see this site's videos too.

If you do have an iphone, ipad, or ipod, then instead of using a flashplayer, the videos are now delivered using an HTML5 video tag - which means they should now work on those devices.

However, since I don't have such a device myself - it'd be a heck of a lot of money for something I'd never use except once in a blue moon for testing things like this - I can't actually check that they do work. So... if you are a user of one of those gadgets and find that the videos are not working, please let me know Smile
danman

Contributions: 137

Videos for iphone/ipad/ipodPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:39 pm    Subject: Videos for iphone/ipad/ipod Reply with quote

Just got an iPhone so thank you Very much
SledgeHammer

Contributions: 714

Videos for iphone/ipad/ipodPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:39 am    Subject: Videos for iphone/ipad/ipod Reply with quote

As you know I'd asked for this alot, so thank you Pigeon!
Can someone point me I'n the right direction so I can see f they work?
SledgeHammer

Videos for iphone/ipad/ipodPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:51 am    Subject: Videos for iphone/ipad/ipod Reply with quote

I can confirm they work,
I've watched 3 Smile
Thanks alot Pigeon!
Also, this has to be one of my favourites, : http://www.lucy-pinder.tv/videos/lucy-pinder-nuts-photoshoot-for-15-04-08-issue-01.html

Where the heck are those pics?
Pigeon
Site Admin

Videos for iphone/ipad/ipodPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:58 am    Subject: Videos for iphone/ipad/ipod Reply with quote

SledgeHammer wrote:
I can confirm they work,
I've watched 3 Smile
Thanks alot Pigeon!

Glad to hear it Thumb Up!

SledgeHammer wrote:
Also, this has to be one of my favourites, : http://www.lucy-pinder.tv/videos/lucy-pinder-nuts-photoshoot-for-15-04-08-issue-01.html

Where the heck are those pics?

Here Smile http://www.lucy-pinder.tv/forum/favorite-set-shoot-ever-p3580.html#3580
SledgeHammer

Videos for iphone/ipad/ipodPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:36 am    Subject: Videos for iphone/ipad/ipod Reply with quote

Thanks Pigeon!
Let's see if the update will work for others aswell,
But I'n that video, there were so many poses taken released! All fours etc,
Are they hiding away on some computer at Nuts HQ? They looked awesome!
Pigeon
Site Admin

Videos for iphone/ipad/ipodPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:57 am    Subject: Videos for iphone/ipad/ipod Reply with quote

Yep... Same goes for all shoots... they take hundreds or thousands of pics, and if we see 1% of them we're lucky Wry
Poggy

Contributions: 581

Videos for iphone/ipad/ipodPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:14 am    Subject: Videos for iphone/ipad/ipod Reply with quote

I'll stick with a Android smartphone. You don't need to mess about. Just put the video's straight onto the phone and hey presto they work. There are also many other things that work on Android smartphones too, that don't on the iphone Wink
Pigeon
Site Admin

Videos for iphone/ipad/ipodPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:30 pm    Subject: Videos for iphone/ipad/ipod Reply with quote

The real problem is not Android vs. Apple, but the different people who devise video codecs all going you can't use that 'cause it's mine and you smell to each other, so there isn't one single format and one single delivery method that works on everything. And it's been like that for as long as I can remember. HTML5 was supposed to be the great innovation that would cut through all this mess and sort the whole thing out but in reality it's just got caught up in the same silly codec licensing bickering as besets everything else.

Used to be that delivering videos via a flashplayer was the best bet as that would work on 97-98% of machines, but that's no longer the case since Steve Jobs decided that i-devices would not support flash because it's rubbish and crashes and people don't realise that's Adobe's fault and unfairly blame the crashes on Apple. And most of the time I thoroughly support that decision because it means that finally something's arrived that stops people writing whole websites in flash Yuck it's just a pain where videos are concerned.

At least both flashplayers and Apple's implementation of HTML5 support MP4 container with H264/AAC codecs so it's just the delivery method that needs to be changed and there's no need to host multiple formats.

As for smartphones, I don't want one regardless of make... laptops are where it's at for mobile internet access, if it doesn't have a decent size screen and a proper keyboard it's too fiddly and painful to be worth bothering with Smile
Tedbaker199

Contributions: 93

Videos for iphone/ipad/ipodPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:47 pm    Subject: Videos for iphone/ipad/ipod Reply with quote

I'm a iPhone user and it helps v much thanks.
Poggy

Videos for iphone/ipad/ipodPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:12 am    Subject: Videos for iphone/ipad/ipod Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:

As for smartphones, I don't want one regardless of make... laptops are where it's at for mobile internet access, if it doesn't have a decent size screen and a proper keyboard it's too fiddly and painful to be worth bothering with Smile

That all depends on where you are really. I need a smartphone because I can't use a computer at work. Well not like that anyway. As the computer system at work is tied into there own system and has very limited internet access. Plus smartphones have many more usual things than just the internet access. Example....Why have a sat nav and phone. When you can have a good sat nav on your phone.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Videos for iphone/ipad/ipodPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:07 pm    Subject: Videos for iphone/ipad/ipod Reply with quote

I'm a pigeon... we don't need sat navs Big Grin
Poggy

Videos for iphone/ipad/ipodPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:46 am    Subject: Videos for iphone/ipad/ipod Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
I'm a pigeon... we don't need sat navs Big Grin

Oh yeah I forgot Hehe

You do need air mail though Wink
Pigeon
Site Admin

Videos for iphone/ipad/ipodPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:17 am    Subject: Videos for iphone/ipad/ipod Reply with quote

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1149.html Big Laugh
Pigeon
Site Admin

Videos for iphone/ipad/ipodPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:49 pm    Subject: Videos for iphone/ipad/ipod Reply with quote

I've just been tweaking this...

There is a problem with idiots in China who set up bots to deliberately download videos or other large files over and over and over again just to waste the host's bandwidth Shoot

So this server is configured to watch for access patterns which are typical of such bots and block them.

Unfortunately Apple have coded the video player on i-whatsits in a dumbass manner which makes it a very close mimic of such bots, and this sometimes results in genuine users trying to watch videos on an i-whatsit being blocked in error.

So I've been reconfiguring the blocking system, and hopefully this should not be a problem now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Site News and Queries All times are GMT
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: