Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

The official forum is unhappy
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

The official forum is unhappyPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:45 pm    Subject: The official forum is unhappy Reply with quote

Ever now and then i pop onto the official forum and all i see is people complaining and whining, one person stated "Where have all the LP fans gone?" My answer to that would be: Their all on this site because its got a completely different atmosphere, theirs no moaning and bitching on this forum. thats why i think the official forum is in trouble. Perhaps something can be done?
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

The official forum is unhappyPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:56 pm    Subject: Re: The official forum is unhappy Reply with quote

RockyMoney wrote:
Perhaps something can be done?

They should take a leaf out of Malene's book, treat the members like adults and acknowledge that they have active and inquiring minds, rather than treating them like children or idiots and deliberately trying to keep them in ignorance, giving "politician's answers" or no answer at all.

Three currently "live" questions illustrate the point very well. In kilbs's question about the lack of topless material he said something along the lines of "please don't say she just decided not to", yet the answer he got was exactly that. AKJB's question about reversed pics also got a so-called "answer" today which is just a lot of flannel and doesn't actually answer any of his points about the calendar at all. And your own question about possible TV appearances by Lucy hadn't got any answer at all.

Contrast this with Malene's forum, where she tells people what's going on, gives friendly and helpful answers to people's questions and generally treats people like... well, like people. It's a lovely place with a great atmosphere - sure it's really quiet at the moment, but that's simply because Malene hasn't done anything for a long time, it's still a great forum and a, er, model of what a model's forum ought to be.

Lucy's forum could be the same if only it was run with more consideration for the users. I'm not trying to argue that Lucy herself ought to participate more - sure it would be popular if she did Smile but she's basically not a "forum person", that's the way she is and I'm not trying to argue that she should be something she's not. I'm just saying that those who do run it should make an effort - and it really isn't difficult - to be as helpful and informative as Malene is. After all, it takes no more time to type out a helpful answer than it does to type out a content-free one... and it would help the fans and keep them happy, which would only be good for Lucy.
kilbs

Contributions: 214

The official forum is unhappyPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:34 pm    Subject: Re: The official forum is unhappy Reply with quote

They should get pigeon to run it Big Grin

Pigeon wrote:
In kilbs's question about the lack of topless material he said something along the lines of "please don't say she just decided not to", yet the answer he got was exactly that.

f.f.s.

yeh I did say that cos I knew Id just get a stupid answer if I didnt. looks like it didnt work Sad why cant they just answer things properly.

I was going to go on there next Im not now Ill leave it for tomorrow or Ill just get mad Mad and if there isnt a pic of Lucy in nuts I wont go on there tomorrow either Sad

looks like I needed those waterproof trousers.
Pigeon
Site Admin

The official forum is unhappyPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:55 pm    Subject: Re: The official forum is unhappy Reply with quote

kilbs wrote:
They should get pigeon to run it Big Grin

Hehe
pogo

Contributions: 361

The official forum is unhappyPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:02 pm    Subject: The official forum is unhappy Reply with quote

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
sexybeast

Contributions: 755

The official forum is unhappyPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:34 pm    Subject: The official forum is unhappy Reply with quote

this is the most fun i'v had in a long long time...thanks Rocky for taking the initiative...they hate me on the official forum..in fact one of our own members tried to run me down( a newbie here..cause i made a statement that all the Rosies and Sophies can't compare to Lucy)..i'm actually registered there under a different user name simply because some technical hazzard screwed up things...and in spite of my best efforts i could not re-register with the same user name..shows how much they care Smile
Pigeon
Site Admin

The official forum is unhappyPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:54 pm    Subject: The official forum is unhappy Reply with quote

That's an interesting other aspect to things, and one which is less susceptible to a simple explanation... everyone is much more laid back over here, even when they're the same people Smile We do in fact have our fair share of negative and complaining posts on here, but they attract "sensible" responses, and it doesn't bring the whole place down and ruin the tone. Similarly we have plenty of people who rate Lucy as the best thing ever by miles, but don't get called down for being fanboys or yes-men for it. It all just works and everyone gets along and isn't bothered about having sometimes quite wide differences of opinion with other people. So I think this calls for a big pat on the back to all our members for making this a place people like to be... a big thanks to all of you Thumb Up!
sexybeast

The official forum is unhappyPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:56 pm    Subject: The official forum is unhappy Reply with quote

u got me P Thumb Up!
RockyMoney

The official forum is unhappyPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:57 pm    Subject: The official forum is unhappy Reply with quote

I just felt it was a situation that needed to be discussed as it is an ongoing problem on that forum. My guess is that Lucy either doesnt know about the situation or thinks "What can i do about it?) The answer is... Lucy can't really help, in fact no one can. I think the underlying problem lies in the forum members (Not naming names) and not Lucy etc. It's a bit of a shame it's became like this.
Pigeon: If that site is ever up for sale i will buy it for you and give you the rights of ownership because in my opinion that site needs a new captain in order for it to rise from the ashes!Big Smile Big Laugh Thumb Up! Hehe
RockyMoney

The official forum is unhappyPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:59 pm    Subject: The official forum is unhappy Reply with quote

Wheres the thank you Pigeon page? Hehe
sexybeast

The official forum is unhappyPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:05 pm    Subject: The official forum is unhappy Reply with quote

Just started one now Hehe
kilbs

The official forum is unhappyPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:14 pm    Subject: The official forum is unhappy Reply with quote

does Jen ever read this site?
Pigeon
Site Admin

The official forum is unhappyPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:46 pm    Subject: The official forum is unhappy Reply with quote

No, is the best way of putting it Smile

She read the whole of the "pink" content shortly after I'd set the site up, before it had a forum or a videos index (comment: "fine" apart from one screenshot of Lucy on MMAGM, since removed). And once in a blue moon she reads a page on the forum - off the top of my head that totals five pages or maybe a bit more, certainly less than ten, and none of the interesting ones Smile most recently the one about fake facebook profiles.

So if the point of your question is wondering whether she has a decent first hand impression of what the site's like, the answer is no she doesn't Wry
kilbs

The official forum is unhappyPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:26 pm    Subject: The official forum is unhappy Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
So if the point of your question is wondering whether she has a decent first hand impression of what the site's like, the answer is no she doesn't Wry

Yeh that was what I was thinking.

thats a shame Sad she ought to read it.
SteveG

Contributions: 35

The official forum is unhappyPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:25 pm    Subject: The official forum is unhappy Reply with quote

Personally I like both sites, and others. As you said this site is more lay back and easy going. People speak their minds, voice their opinions and no one seem to get out of shape. I think that's great.

The official site, I think, needs to be no politically correct, they can't speak with speculation and what ifs. Since Lucy isn't running it herself, they need to stick with the facts. I think that's great.

Two sites, two different personalities, Both have a place, both have good and bad. Smile

And yes, Jen should visit here more often.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: