Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Spaniard travelling to London...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aaaaaa

Contributions: 3

Spaniard travelling to London...Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:58 pm    Subject: Spaniard travelling to London... Reply with quote

Hiya, guys.

Next Friday I'm goin' to London because of my Easter holidays. My main worry about visiting the city is to find a place to have a meal in. I know London's not a very cheap city, to tell the truth, but, as you may imagine, I'm not going to spend a lot of money looking for some seat and menus. I suppose the best places to go are fast-food restaurants, so I wonder if any of you will please tell me how much a basic burger-and-coke meal is worth, and where could I have it.

I'd also like to purchase a off-peak travelcard to move around, and to visit as many museums/galleries as I could... my currency is the € and I'm from Spain. I'm staying there from Friday night to Tuesday afternoon and want to make the most of my time. But, as I said before, I'm not carrying too much money....

Sorry 'bout my mistakes... I'm learnin' English at present.
Dice

Contributions: 123

Spaniard travelling to London...Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:51 am    Subject: Spaniard travelling to London... Reply with quote

I find the best way to save money on food when visiting London is to keep to chain restaurants, their prices dont tend to change much throughout the country.

For example Whetherspoons, which is a pub chain, burger and a pint deal (can have coke instead of a beer I believe) will only set you back 10 euros plus depending what burger you have (if my exchange rates are right, about £8+)
Dib

Contributions: 276

Spaniard travelling to London...Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:00 am    Subject: Spaniard travelling to London... Reply with quote

Dice wrote:
I find the best way to save money on food when visiting London is to keep to chain restaurants, their prices dont tend to change much throughout the country.

For example Whetherspoons, which is a pub chain, burger and a pint deal (can have coke instead of a beer I believe) will only set you back 10 euros plus depending what burger you have (if my exchange rates are right, about £8+)

Holy Sheep! 10 euros just to eat?
Here in México you can find easily food for much less money. For example, for breakbast you can have a "Torta de Tamal con atole" for something like 1 Euro. For lunch you can have two "gorditas" with a Coca-Cola or a "Torta Cubana" or "comida corrida" for something like 2 to 4 euros. And for dinner, you can have "tacos al pastor" or "burger" for something like 3 to 4 euros.

In México, for 10 euros (actually, less) you can eat something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixxFH13p0Zs#t=00m56s
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

Spaniard travelling to London...Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:10 am    Subject: Spaniard travelling to London... Reply with quote

Dib, you are making me hungry Hehe

Best value for money fast food in England is from a fish and chip shop... unlike McDonald's and its ilk you actually get enough to fill you up, and you can get a meal for less than a fiver - maybe quite a lot less, depending on whether you choose something other than fish to go with the chips.
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

Spaniard travelling to London...Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:54 pm    Subject: Spaniard travelling to London... Reply with quote

If you want to travel around you want to have an Oyster card. Its basically a card you put money on so you can travel on the tube, buses etc. Just go to any newsagent and you can buy 1 for something like £2, then you can put any amount you want onto it Big Smile As for eating... The choices are almost limitless! I was in London 4 days ago briefly and went to this nice Italian restaurant on Argyll Street called Bella Italia Thumb Up!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT

Jump to: