Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Songs for Lucy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StoneFree

Contributions: 7

Songs for LucyPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:58 pm    Subject: Songs for Lucy Reply with quote

How about choosing a song that makes you think of Lucy?
My choice would have to combine two of my greatest passions:Lucy and Jimi Hendrix!
So it's gotta be "Foxy Lady" from the Are You Experienced album.
Maybe it should be renamed "Foxy Lucy"!
ps thanks for the welcome Pigeon and hello to all the other guys.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

Songs for LucyPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:16 am    Subject: Songs for Lucy Reply with quote

Excellent thread that man!

There is actually a song about Lucy! No don't go getting excited... it's not a good song, it's so awful that I've never listened to more than the first few seconds of it. It was done for Nuts TV as a sort of joke shortly after Lucy's first stint at presenting... here it is.

It is of course a universal law of "choose music" threads that it is impossible to choose just one piece Big Smile It also seems to be a universal law of threads concerning music in the context of Lucy that everyone who responds has utterly different musical tastes to Lucy herself Big Grin lots of good rock with guitars is usually posted...

There is lots of music that makes me think of Lucy... usually for reasons far more obscure than the obvious "Foxy Lady" kind of reference. Plus I have a habit of changing the words Smile the result is that a lot of music that one would think has no logical connection in fact makes me think of Lucy very much...

With the title of the thread being what it is I can't help but start with Song For You by Barclay James Harvest Smile

BJH are to music what Lucy is to beauty, and practically every BJH song makes me think of Lucy, whether it's appropriate or not. Most of their songs, of course, have been firm favourites for over two decades, the album release dates being what they were; most of the songs are older than Lucy herself, but with Lucy in the picture they gain an extra something... Going to a BJH concert I end up thinking of Lucy all the way through, it makes them an even better band to go and see Big Grin

Here are a few more notable BJH examples...
It's My Life *** That Was Then - This Is Now *** On The Wings Of Love *** Yesterday's Heroes

...I am intrigued to note after making that list that only On The Wings Of Love is from the 80s, and the rest all date from after Lucy had started modelling. I hadn't noticed that before.

Which makes it all the more interesting that Yesterday's Heroes is perhaps the most Lucy-reminding of the lot... and especially in the case of the orchestral version presented here, which was recorded in 2006, the most recent of all of these numbers.

And some non-BJH ones Smile
Moya Brennan - Bright Star *** The Alan Parsons Project (vocals by Moya Brennan) - Call of the Wild *** The Alan Parsons Project - Nothing Left To Lose *** Camel - Refugee *** Moya Brennan - Show Me *** Marillion - White Feather

This list contains rather more songs of comparable age to Lucy herself Smile Nothing Left To Lose is from the "Turn of a Friendly Card" album, another piece which makes me think of Lucy all the way through, in a perfect example of the weird way music connects itself... The exceptions are the Moya Brennan numbers. Moya (Maire) Brennan is the female singer from Clannad who now performs as a solo artist, and has an utterly beautiful voice...

...In fact the only voice I can think of which sounds nicer than Moya's is... erm... let me think... well blow me down, it's Lucy's Big Grin

Which leads me to repeat a thought which has occurred to me before... it would be truly wonderful if Lucy ever recorded a song Cloud 9 It is most unfortunate that she lacks confidence in her singing ability... Really there is no reason for anyone to lack confidence in singing ability these days, the ability of studio engineers to make a silk purse out of a vocal sow's ear makes photoshop look like MS Paint. A lot of singers if you hear them without the backing band and studio effects - eg. if they are asked to sing while being interviewed on a chat show - sound pretty dreadful really. But Lucy has such a lovely voice and such a well-demonstrated ability to do something really well that she's never done before that I would bet valuable parts of my body that she would make a fabulous singer Big Grin

And after all... Michelle's done it! Very well, too, it's a shame the song sounds like a mickey-take of the Spice Girls because Michelle's actual performance is very good. And if Michelle can, Lucy with her lovely voice certainly can... All Lucy has to do is avoid choosing such a dreadful song - preferably write it herself - and she's well set Big Grin

Here's Michelle's song: michelle-marsh-i-dont-do.avi 63MB

...And I think this post needs to have an appropriate picture of Lucy somewhere in it Smile

...Looking forward to hearing other people's nominations Smile
Herve

Contributions: 29

Songs for LucyPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:39 pm    Subject: Songs for Lucy Reply with quote

Can I go for the obvious but quite lovely Lucy by The Divine Comedy, based on the poems by Wordsworth.

It's fitting because the subject of the work is an 'idealised' girl, a fantasy created by the poet, who has fallen in love with her, even though such love is unrequited.

Imagine Gyles Brandreth saying that.

...And even though I Don't Do was horrendous, I know Michelle is a pretty good singer. Adorable face, stunning body, lovely personality, good voice....

But not a good debut record by any means.

I really don't imagine Lucy as a singer, but in the same way I don't imagine Fiona Bruce or Kate Silverton as singers. Their voices are quite 'commanding'. By the same token, I doubt i'd be able to perform on the Sash! hit Adelante, even if i'm just saying 'Adelante'.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Songs for LucyPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:18 am    Subject: Songs for Lucy Reply with quote

The analogy does fail somewhat at "a maid whom there were none to praise and very few to love", though...

Not entirely sure that a "commanding" voice is necessarily an obstacle - Alison Moyet, for example, made it an asset - it just needs the right songs. It's really Lucy's own lack of desire to follow that path that consigns my idea to the realm of fantasy... and I will admit that perhaps I may be biased by the undoubted appeal Lucy's voice has to pigeons; the storm of "oooorrrr, oooorrrr, oooorrrr" produced by my feathered cohabitants on hearing Lucy's "that's goorrrgeous, that's goorrrgeous" on her "photographer" segment on that Loaded DVD from 2007 is a vivid and most amusing memory Big Smile
Herve

Songs for LucyPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:58 am    Subject: Songs for Lucy Reply with quote

Well, I'm sure the masses who wtch B*g Br*ther would disagree with that line in their very special way.

As for Lucy as a singer, I just don't think Lucy has a singer's range. Presenting TV seems more fitting.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Songs for LucyPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:00 am    Subject: Songs for Lucy Reply with quote

Special as in "special needs"...?

And yes, I do fundamentally agree with the last point... after all Lucy herself has always been somewhat "meh" about the idea of singing, I'm only arguing in favour of it because of the context of this thread. It is really more of a Michelle thing... Michelle has demonstrated that she's got the ability, she just needs a decent songwriter... and she has the right sort of "punch" to her personality to be a good performer in that sort of situation. Whereas Lucy has the personality suited to the more "cosy" situation of the TV studio... less "challenging", more "encouraging", as we have seen when she interviews someone, she has demonstrated her own ability there full well... and most importantly, she enjoyed doing it.
patriot

Contributions: 739

Songs for LucyPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:58 am    Subject: Songs for Lucy Reply with quote

Fancy askin a question i have to think so hard about on a monday mornin!!

Ok, nothin to deep and meaningful but this song i think best sums up how most of us feel every time we see a new and more amazing shoot

And its ace Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvoeeq-BH4w
Herve

Songs for LucyPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:28 pm    Subject: Songs for Lucy Reply with quote

I'm sure Michelle would use her 'punch' to great effect against me, haha.

I'd still like her though.
Dib

Contributions: 276

Songs for LucyPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:53 am    Subject: Songs for Lucy Reply with quote

Bésame mucho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPRESlT4Ccg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: