Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Slow start to 2012?
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard

Contributions: 228

Slow start to 2012?Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:41 pm    Subject: Slow start to 2012? Reply with quote

Just an honest observation here:

We're a month and a half into the new year...has there been anything new from Lucy?

Perhaps a candid here and there, or previously undiscovered pic from an old shoot, but as far as "new"...has she been doing anything?

Should we assume the film schedule has brought about this pause in content?

Is Nuts moving on with new models? As I recall, the last "new" Lucy in Nuts was that large cast of "wannabes" ruining good Lucy pictures (and squeezed in so tight, you cannot crop them out!). That was before Christmas, wasn't it?

Just curious.
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

Slow start to 2012?Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:57 pm    Subject: Slow start to 2012? Reply with quote

She very recently (This week) done a shoot with Ruan Van Der Sande but we are still waiting to see any pics from that... Heres hoping we do! Thumb Up!
linkweed

Contributions: 1133

Slow start to 2012?Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:09 pm    Subject: Slow start to 2012? Reply with quote

She also did a shoot with Ruth Rose but we've yet to see any official shots from that as well. Big Laugh
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Slow start to 2012?Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:20 pm    Subject: Slow start to 2012? Reply with quote

...and I somehow doubt we will... same for the RVDS shoot, I doubt we'll ever get to see more than maybe the odd one or two from that either Sad

And yes, by this time last year we had already had a corker of a Lucy feature in Nuts. Same for the year before.

It's nothing to do with the film schedule... Strippers vs Werewolves is all finished and done now, Lucy doesn't have any more work to do on it.

It's the same thing that has been the subject of so much discussion recently... Girl Management letting Lucy down. Instead of putting the effort she deserves into promoting her, they have conned her into working for them and promoting other, less deserving models at the expense of her own success, because it increases their overall profits and they don't care that it is not good for Lucy herself.

Lucy has immense potential - as mentioned in the Kelly Brook thread, Kelly is four years older than Lucy and is still doing very well... Lucy has far more inside her than Kelly ever will, and there's no reason whatsoever why she shouldn't be doing even better than Kelly in four years' time... if only she bins Girl Management and gets herself an agent who'll do their job properly.
linkweed

Slow start to 2012?Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:59 pm    Subject: Slow start to 2012? Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
if only she bins Girl Management and gets herself an agent who'll do their job properly.
I took a look at Kellys management and they represent a number of high profile models. Looking at GM and it seems very small in comparison. Looking at GM's models its basically one model for one magazine. VikkiBlows for Front, Rhian for Loaded, Lucy/Danica for Nuts. It looks like they dont diversify their biggest models. Roll Eyes
Pigeon
Site Admin

Slow start to 2012?Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:33 pm    Subject: Slow start to 2012? Reply with quote

They've lost a lot of their models too, and fairly recently... Lindsey Strutt and Emma Frain being two that spring to mind, although they are far from the only ones...

There must be a reason why well-known models are jumping ship, I wonder what it could be...? Scratch Chin

Strikes me that this could well be their motivation for chaining Lucy to their desk... if she stays it will attract a lot of the new models, who look up to Lucy... whereas if she goes it's a big black mark against them to lose someone of her eminence.

So many people have this weird notion that just because people are "professionals" they can automatically be trusted implicitly to do their job for your benefit instead of for their own... and continue to hold on to this notion no matter how many times they get ripped off or screwed over... often because they don't even realise they have been screwed over. It makes me scream... It particularly makes me scream when it's Lucy getting screwed over Sad
sexybeast

Contributions: 755

Slow start to 2012?Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:18 pm    Subject: Slow start to 2012? Reply with quote

Hey P..how're u doing..this one's for u..we know for sure that Lucy isn't some dumbass bimbo..there's plenty proof to have us believe that she's an intelligent young woman..and yet there seem to be enough bad decisions happening everyday regarding her career choices to make u wonder otherwise..the general tendency at this forum (and that includes me bigtime Hehe ) is to blame people around her for these mistakes...but really how naive can u be to let other people bring it all down when u'v worked really hard to make a reputation for over 8 years..so my question to you is....Do you think Lucy is as intelligent as we believe she is??
pogo

Contributions: 361

Slow start to 2012?Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:37 pm    Subject: Slow start to 2012? Reply with quote

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Pigeon
Site Admin

Slow start to 2012?Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:01 am    Subject: Slow start to 2012? Reply with quote

sexybeast wrote:
Hey P..how're u doing..this one's for u..we know for sure that Lucy isn't some dumbass bimbo..there's plenty proof to have us believe that she's an intelligent young woman..and yet there seem to be enough bad decisions happening everyday regarding her career choices to make u wonder otherwise..the general tendency at this forum (and that includes me bigtime Hehe ) is to blame people around her for these mistakes...

That's the way it is Smile The official site either blames it all on Lucy herself, which makes her look stupid, or tries to pretend there's nothing wrong when everyone can see there is, which makes them look stupid. This site... Tells it like it is Big Grin

sexybeast wrote:
but really how naive can u be to let other people bring it all down when u'v worked really hard to make a reputation for over 8 years..so my question to you is....Do you think Lucy is as intelligent as we believe she is??

All the intelligence in the world is no use if you don't have valid data to process with it. "Garbage in, garbage out"... And to make decisions based on invalid data makes you the puppet of those who have provided that data in order to encourage those decisions.

This doesn't just apply to Lucy. Business, politics, personal relationships... it happens to everyone who doesn't live out their entire life on a desert island Wry

Lucy has led a very sheltered existence all her life... this is pretty undeniable, you'd say the same of anyone who's still hanging on to their mother's skirt at the age of 28... and she is too nice for her own good Wry She is far too willing to trust people who claim to be working for her benefit because they are "professionals" with "experience" and to believe what they tell her, where someone more worldly-wise would recognise them for the skanky, conniving weasels they are and re-analyse their ideas on the basis that they are working for themselves first and foremost and don't care about Lucy beyond her potential to make money for them, not for her. There's no such thing as a "friend" where the relationship is a financial/business one...

Lucy is also shockingly isolated from a true appreciation of how she is perceived from the fans' side of the fence. Think of the "lips" and "weight loss" sagas... if she was aware that 95% of the fans think she's spoiling her appearance (her prime asset...) by doing those things, she would not do them! Instead she is surrounded by people who do their best to screen her from any non-sycophantic feedback and foster this ridiculous fantasy that she can't make a mistake. So she doesn't know, and carries merrily on doing it without realising it's putting a lot of fans off.

Sure, she is intelligent. She's just surrounded by people who feed her bad information so she can't make proper use of her intelligence, and she's too nice to accept that they're not worthy of the trust she places in them not to do that... Sad
Pigeon
Site Admin

Slow start to 2012?Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:08 am    Subject: Slow start to 2012? Reply with quote

pogo wrote:
Must admit, Sexybeast does make a valid point...

How many people would change jobs if they felt their managers/superiors kept them back from more challenging work or promotions and the chance to earn more money?

Plenty of other models who have now left Girl Management, for a start...

As I said above... they're now desperate to hold on to their biggest and most prestigious name to try and stem/reverse the tide. So they feed her dud information to make her think it's in her interests not to leave, and they play on her good nature to make her view them as "friends" who can be trusted so she doesn't acknowledge that it is dud information...
Pigeon
Site Admin

Slow start to 2012?Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:40 am    Subject: Slow start to 2012? Reply with quote

...I am also somewhat worried about Lucy's overall happiness at the moment... I think she is confused/mixed-up in herself and a lot more unhappy than one might assume from just seeing her smiling in photos. Sad I'm not at liberty to say what has moved this thought from "vague disquiet, not at all sure on this" to "definite concern, sure enough to find it upsetting" but I do have a good reason for it...
linkweed

Slow start to 2012?Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:33 am    Subject: Slow start to 2012? Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
Instead she is surrounded by people who do their best to screen her from any non-sycophantic feedback and foster this ridiculous fantasy that she can't make a mistake. So she doesn't know, and carries merrily on doing it without realising it's putting a lot of fans off.
While that may be true, youd think she'd be interested in what her fans think and seek out that information first hand. For years her management must have been telling her "Dont worry Lucy, everythings hunkydory". How long can she go without wondering "hmm Im actually interested in what theyre saying first-hand." Honestly at some point she must have been interested at what we think or she purely has no interest. She has an official forum that she hasnt posted on since its last disastrous update and she must receive dozens of twitter questions each day of which she responds to none unless its a retweet Roll Eyes
I know youre probably reporting the truth P. about how no one tells her what really is happening but the fact that she doesnt seek out feedback herself is pretty depressing.
Poggy

Contributions: 581

Slow start to 2012?Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:40 am    Subject: Slow start to 2012? Reply with quote

I think Pigeon has summed this one up nicely. It's through laziness of Lucy's agency that the lack of material. They'd rather use Lucy to promote them than promote Lucy. Don't they realise that they could make as much promoting Lucy through work. Than they could using Lucy to promote them and the other models. Getting Lucy work would also promote them so companies would think of using their other models. It's not rocket science Hehe
qwertiebertie

Contributions: 239

Slow start to 2012?Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:59 am    Subject: Slow start to 2012? Reply with quote

[

Lucy has led a very sheltered existence all her life... this is pretty undeniable, you'd say the same of anyone who's still hanging on to their mother's skirt at the age of 28...

how so............?
Richard

Contributions: 228

Slow start to 2012?Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:09 pm    Subject: Slow start to 2012? Reply with quote

Yikes!

What did I start here!?

I was just curious about the goings on.

---

That said, there is perhaps an alternative to this debate on whether Lucy is under-represented, or is under-representing herself.

What if it is her choice?

---

Mags like Nuts have a business plan to "sell copy"...the main way to do that in an increasing manner is to sell to the young men just becoming of age to be a market. The main draw for those youngsters is not the models of their father's or older brother's mags...it's girls their age. It quite literally has nothing to do with how the model looks, or her fanbase. Publishers have a responsibility to forecast for their business goals, and that means looking for the "next" girl.

Plenty of models over the years have attempted to "cling" to the camera. They go to ridiculous lengths to defy age, to defy trends, to defy a cynical and shallow industry.

They very often don't have fantastic finishes.

Now, do not get me wrong
...I'm not saying Lucy is even remotely close to a decline...but there is something to be said for exiting on top. And if done in a gradual way, it may be comfortable for both her and her devoted admirers.

Add to that, when you exit gracefully, the legacy you leave is more memorable and lasting...and the potential for special Lucy appearances down the line is all the greater. If you start thinking about models with "staying power" in the industry, most do practically nothing today, but when they do, the world takes note.

So, as for this job with Girl Management...what if it's her way to learn the craft before starting out on her own to promote and "protect" the next generation?

----

All this talk seems to be about how Lucy's career is being sidetracked, and who's fault it is. Perhaps it's us who aren't privy to all the facts, both on GM and Lucy's thinking.

I'd wager on that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: