Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Re: Exclusives Pictures and Videos...
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poggy

Contributions: 579

Re: Exclusives Pictures and Videos...Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:18 am    Subject: Re: Exclusives Pictures and Videos... Reply with quote

Well me liking at times to go about these things head on. I've put up a post on it on the Official website forum. In hope that Jen or Lucy actually see it before he can remove it.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

Re: Exclusives Pictures and Videos...Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:21 am    Subject: Re: Exclusives Pictures and Videos... Reply with quote

Seeing as this is a serious matter I've been doing a bit more investigation - thinking to cover the possibility of protocol-based errors - and I must say the results remain consistent with what has already been said.

Robster - just to check - you were using WAP, yes? I'm pretty sure you must have been because of your comment on how much it chewed through in data charges. "Significantly more than 1.50" is enough for a vast amount of data on any non-WAP tariff unless you were coming from outside the UK - which of course you couldn't have been.

I myself have checked out that link, again, using both WAP-enabled browsers and WAP emulators. One of the emulators returned a 502 error which basically translates as "the web server I'm talking to said something web servers aren't supposed to say" - ie. it was the site's fault there was an error, not something I did. In all other cases the result was the same, and was the same as before - pr0n site with no Lucy material on it.

In my case there does remain the possibility of an out-of-date link or failure to supply the correct credentials with the request. However, that makes little difference to the argument. Any access to a link provided by Lucy's mobile service should give one of two, and only two, results: either Lucy's own material, and nothing else; or else an error message, preferably one that explains what one is doing wrong.

Neither of these is what happens. In one case I got an error which was the server's fault, not mine. In all other cases I get pr0n.

Also, neither the out-of-dateness nor the incorrect-credentials possibilities apply in Robster's case. He did it all "by the book" as it were... and still got nothing but pr0n.

So following these further investigations the status remains unchanged.

To reiterate some points which cannot by any valid logic be twisted into an attack on this site or its members:

If someone posted a link on the official forum which purported to be a link to official Lucy material, but instead returned pr0n - that link would be deleted the instant Jen or any of the other mods saw it. None of us need to be told that. Even if it only returned pr0n under particular error conditions, it would still be deleted. This service, therefore, is unacceptable according to the established standards of Lucy's official website.

Even if it did operate precisely as advertised - which it does not - it would still be unacceptable for any of Lucy's work to be delivered through mobileglamour dot co dot uk. Because that site is a pr0n site. To use it for an official service of Lucy's means that Lucy's official website is supporting a pr0n site, entirely contrary to the policy it has held since its inception; and it also means that some portion of the profits from Lucy's work are paying for a pr0n site.

And because the paid service does not work as advertised it lays Lucy open to action by Trading Standards. That it is highly unlikely that any individual subscriber would initiate such action for 1.50 is neither here nor there. The point is that simply to allow the possibility to exist is grossly unprofessional and irresponsible.

I think you could have a point, kilbs. I find it hard to believe that Lucy doesn't know anything about this - though I would like to, because it is an easier conclusion to come to terms with - and it makes no sense to try and argue that she would accept a service which so flagrantly contravenes her own standards as expressed in policies which her official website has held rigidly since its inception. It is hard to avoid the conclusion that the complete and total control she should have over her own website has been taken from her.
paulb11

Contributions: 140

Re: Exclusives Pictures and Videos...Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:27 pm    Subject: Re: Exclusives Pictures and Videos... Reply with quote

I will say 2 things, having read this from the start.

1. I guarantee if you go to trading standards or offcom you will be laughed out of the building.

2. I have downloaded the pic on 2 phones and both worked fine, as you quoted Jen I will as well

"The mobile page does contain links to a bunch of glamourchase sites but wouldn't class anything on those sites as pr0n and certainly the Lucy pic appears as advertised."

This is 100% fact

I also opened a thread for any issues with mobile pics as well so if anyone is still having difficulties please use it.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Re: Exclusives Pictures and Videos...Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:19 pm    Subject: Re: Exclusives Pictures and Videos... Reply with quote

paulb11 wrote:
"The mobile page does contain links to a bunch of glamourchase sites but wouldn't class anything on those sites as pr0n and certainly the Lucy pic appears as advertised."

This is 100% fact

100% fact? I don't think so. I shall reply by quoting someone who has tried it:

Robster wrote:
Nothing to do with Lucy there so far at all, an occasional bit to do with Lindsey Strutt and other lesser Nuts girls, BUT a LOT to do with what appears to be quite sleazy pr0n material Yuck

Maybe it does work for you. Great (not sarcastic "great"). It doesn't work for Robster. And I've now tried it on a phone myself without result.

Nor does this invalidate these points, which have not been addressed:

- No matter what the error condition there is absolutely no way that a link to Lucy's material should ever return pr0n under any conditions.

- Lucy's material is being sold via a pr0n site and part of the revenue from her material is therefore going to support a pr0n site. This point would still apply even if the service worked perfectly.

As I said on the previous page:

If someone posted a link on the official forum which purported to be a link to official Lucy material, but instead returned pr0n - that link would be deleted the instant Jen or any of the other mods saw it. None of us need to be told that. Even if it only returned pr0n under particular error conditions, it would still be deleted. This service, therefore, is unacceptable according to the established standards of Lucy's official website.

Even if it did operate precisely as advertised - which it does not - it would still be unacceptable for any of Lucy's work to be delivered through mobileglamour dot co dot uk. Because that site is a pr0n site. To use it for an official service of Lucy's means that Lucy's official website is supporting a pr0n site, entirely contrary to the policy it has held since its inception; and it also means that some portion of the profits from Lucy's work are paying for a pr0n site.
paulb11

Re: Exclusives Pictures and Videos...Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:31 pm    Subject: Re: Exclusives Pictures and Videos... Reply with quote

I won't argue about the service as I know it works correctly.

The point you make about mobileglamour is interesting. That is a personal decision on your part, I would point out however.

1. Lucy's image is used in nuts and a variety of other magazines, all of which feature adult adverts in them. The Australian ones are particularily bad.

2. Lucy has advertised for one of the 900 channels in the past.

Neither of these would be permitted on the forum, but Lucy still has or did have an involvement in them.
paulb11

Re: Exclusives Pictures and Videos...Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:42 pm    Subject: Re: Exclusives Pictures and Videos... Reply with quote

If you check out the Mobile topic I set up you will see why it does not work.
sexybeast

Contributions: 755

Re: Exclusives Pictures and Videos...Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:36 pm    Subject: Re: Exclusives Pictures and Videos... Reply with quote

A question for paulb11...i have been a member of the official forum longer than i have been here( though this is the one that made me their own)...i don't live in UK nor do i own a fancy cell phone...so where do people like me fit in the new scheme of things...hope its well thought out
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

Re: Exclusives Pictures and Videos...Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:42 pm    Subject: Re: Exclusives Pictures and Videos... Reply with quote

Its not im afraid, some scum bag pr0n merchant designed the whole thing with one thing in mind, stealing money from Lucy and ruining her forum Censored
Pigeon
Site Admin

Re: Exclusives Pictures and Videos...Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:51 pm    Subject: Re: Exclusives Pictures and Videos... Reply with quote

paulb11 wrote:
I won't argue about the service as I know it works correctly.

The point you make about mobileglamour is interesting. That is a personal decision on your part,

I'm trying to make it as not personal as I possibly can, I'm trying to base the argument on the longstanding policies of the official website in not allowing any form of pr0n...

paulb11 wrote:
I would point out however.

1. Lucy's image is used in nuts and a variety of other magazines, all of which feature adult adverts in them. The Australian ones are particularily bad.

Sure, but as we know Lucy doesn't have any control over how her pics are used...

paulb11 wrote:
2. Lucy has advertised for one of the 900 channels in the past.

Neither of these would be permitted on the forum, but Lucy still has or did have an involvement in them.

Ah, I was wondering if anyone was going to bring that up Smile

I remember Lucy saying that she wasn't entirely happy about it, which is quite an extreme comment from Lucy! She also said she only did it because she was directly approached by Desmond, and there was a pretty strong implication in her post that it was only because he also owns the Star - which was giving her a lot of work at the time... Wink I'll leave it there with the same implication as Lucy left Smile

Don't forget also that this is not, and never has been, listed in Lucy's CV on the official site Smile

paulb11 wrote:
If you check out the Mobile topic I set up you will see why it does not work.

(tries it)

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH BangHead BangHead BangHead

This doesn't work: http://mobileglamour.co.uk/lu*****der/V***

This does: http://mobileglamour.co.uk/lu*****der/V***/

Unbelievable. So it was that incompetent piece of misprogramming that caught you out, Robster?

Yes - if you put a / on the end it does indeed provide Lucy's pic with links only to glamourchase sites. And it works on a PC.

Well strap me up and whip me with barbed wire.

The points about using Lucy's material to support pr0n, and about what happens under error conditions still stands, of course, if anything with even more force since missing off a terminating / is an extremely common thing for people to do - really it's only nerds like me who bother not to Smile it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the misprogramming was deliberate in order to get more hits on the pr0n site from people who make such an extremely common mistake. In this case of course I simply used the link exactly as given...

Many thanks for posting that Thumb Up! it does make a large difference and it certainly helps people in Robster's position. Definitely the most helpful thing that has been said on this topic Smile

Does too prove my point about discussion being more productive than conflict. Had I been able simply to email Jen and discuss Robster's post in a balanced manner as soon as he made it, we could have got to this point with one whole heck of a lot less fuss... Which would have been better for everyone Smile

Last edited by Pigeon on Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:39 pm; edited 5 times in total
Pigeon
Site Admin

Re: Exclusives Pictures and Videos...Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:59 pm    Subject: Re: Exclusives Pictures and Videos... Reply with quote

sexybeast wrote:
A question for paulb11...i have been a member of the official forum longer than i have been here( though this is the one that made me their own)...i don't live in UK nor do i own a fancy cell phone...so where do people like me fit in the new scheme of things...hope its well thought out

Which returns me to the point I made before everything kicked off, that replacing the whole thing with selling platform-independent downloads via redhotglamourgirls would be a method offering a whole bunch of advantages...
Pigeon
Site Admin

Re: Exclusives Pictures and Videos...Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:52 pm    Subject: Re: Exclusives Pictures and Videos... Reply with quote

Anyway sorry - to everyone Wink - for the kerfuffle and let's hope we can get more or less back to normal now Smile

At the moment all I can think of to say is that if only it had been possible to discuss this, nearly all the fuss could have been avoided Smile
paulb11

Re: Exclusives Pictures and Videos...Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:46 am    Subject: Re: Exclusives Pictures and Videos... Reply with quote

The 2 examples I posted were just to show that Lucy has in the past worked with agencies who also have adult industry links. So this is nothing new.

Personally I wouldn't judge a person by what they do, whether it be binman, doctor, politician, or pr0n.

Lucy has made her decision, I would hope that it would be respected, even if you don't agree with it.

As to sexybeasts question. Lucy has said that international services are being looked into, as for anything else, I am not in the know, so can't really add anymore.

You are free to tweet at Lucy and ask her however.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Re: Exclusives Pictures and Videos...Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:10 am    Subject: Re: Exclusives Pictures and Videos... Reply with quote

paulb11 wrote:
Lucy has made her decision, I would hope that it would be respected, even if you don't agree with it.

Lucy has?

Or it has been made for her as part of GM's "branding" of all their models, which is mainly what the whole website "rewrite" thing was all about in the first place? Which is why other glamour models - Lindsey and others - are also having their material distributed through that pr0n site.

Please don't try and give me that tired line about Lucy always deciding everything 100% by herself and never ever being pressured into anything, or manipulated, or given bad advice which corrupts her decision, or put in a position where whatever decision she makes will be bad, etc. Nobody on the planet is that fortunate, not Lucy nor anyone else.

We have an example of that on this very page - where Lucy was put in the position of either doing certain adverts or having difficulty getting work with the Star.

And you know as well as I do that Lucy and Jen have been getting angry behind the scenes at the incompetent performance of this excuse for a web designer. Yet he seems to be stuck in there like a spirochaete continuing to put in a performance which would get him sacked from any commercial organisation. How long has the replacement for that mickey mouse forum package - itself a replacement for what was lost through sheer incompetence - been "coming soon"? I set up a forum for someone the other day and it took me about half an hour including setting up the server for it to go on. To install a forum on an existing server takes about five minutes (and costs nothing). Not weeks.

Any other business given a performance like that would sack the person responsible and hire someone who can actually do the job instead. For Lucy not to do so implies either that she is a terrible businesswoman or that for some reason she isn't able to do it. Well we all know the first one isn't true Smile

See this "party line" stuff doesn't work... if you take its implications through to their logical conclusion, that conclusion ends up being far more insulting to Lucy than whatever the "party line" stuff was first used to argue against Smile

So no, I don't believe Lucy has a completely free hand in this situation. Because I do believe that after this months-long display of staggering incompetence, which we both know she is angry at, she's far too intelligent to continue to employ this buffoon if she did have a free choice.

As for the international situation, Lucy has already answered that on twitter. She said "ask GM".
Pigeon
Site Admin

Re: Exclusives Pictures and Videos...Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:26 pm    Subject: Re: Exclusives Pictures and Videos... Reply with quote

Just in case it isn't clear... "Everyone" in the post a couple of posts above includes Jen.

I am sorry there has been so much kerfuffle. Believe me when I say I do not like these situations and prefer that they do not arise. I hope that on reading my posts it is possible to understand why I thought the situation worthy of such attention Smile
Pigeon
Site Admin

Re: Exclusives Pictures and Videos...Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:47 pm    Subject: Re: Exclusives Pictures and Videos... Reply with quote

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

You now can't get to Lucy's website using a phone. At all. Any of it.

I've still got the WAP phone I borrowed to check out the subscription thing yesterday. I've tried with that and I've tried WWW access as well using a variety of different phone user agents.

RockyMoney, Sledgehammer, you use phones a lot, right? See what happens when you try it just to confirm this.

In all cases access to Lucy's website redirects to the phone subscription page on mobileglamour.co.uk. You can't get onto the actual website at all. (You might see some of it if you've been there recently and that page is still in your cache, but when the cached copy expires or you reload the page it won't work.)

Everyone using a phone is blocked from Lucy's official website and cannot access it.

So once again this complete and utter moron who thinks he's a web designer has displayed how staggeringly unfit he is to be considered as one. The sooner someone feeds him some polonium-210 the better.

If it isn't one thing it's another, I did think this thread had come to its conclusion... and then this happens.

Last edited by Pigeon on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: