Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Questions for Lucy
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Herve

Contributions: 29

Questions for LucyPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:58 pm    Subject: Questions for Lucy Reply with quote

Ah... perhaps I misinterpreted what you wrote to some extent. I guess I took "like to know what was going through her mind" in some way closer to the more general/comprehensive sense in which my own putative question might be summarised to the same phrase Smile

Well, to that the answer seems to be cold hard cash! I'm not sure if she was in a position to turn that kind of money down, just for slobbing about in a house, which is what the program seems to entail. Perhaps the Coolio incident changed her mind, hence her relief to be out.

I'm just glad she wasn't in this years edition, which seems to involve dressing as farm animals. That's just flat-out sad.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Questions for LucyPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:20 pm    Subject: Questions for Lucy Reply with quote

That's indeed the "simple version" as per the Charlie Crocker interview... and the most honourable and sensible reason anyone could have for doing it, to boot... but I'm sure there was more to it than that, I can't see someone of Lucy's intelligence and awareness discounting the loss of income in the longer term from the negative effect on her image for the sake of a short-term gain when she could have dealt with the tax situation in less damaging ways... this year has seen a notable shortage of any TV appearances, for example, and I can't help but think that the - entirely misleading and at odds with reality - image it gave of her as not a good TV personality is at least partly to blame for that.

At least she has had a rocking year in Nuts to make up for that Smile but the screen is going to be more important in the long term than the magazine...

She was saying she wanted to be out several days before the Coolio incident, but I quite agree that that put the tin lid on it.

Farm animals? Well I'd rate them higher on the intellectual scale than most of the audience...
Herve

Questions for LucyPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:40 pm    Subject: Questions for Lucy Reply with quote

I think part of the shortage of TV work could be the industry hatred of anyone who professes to be a Tory. I've read a few online commentaries of the video Lucy made and many who hadn't heard of her have latched on to the Tory/ bleeding heart liberal comment and used it to attack her, because she had an opinion that didn't fit with cosmopolitan media-land's political consensus.

It's the very same thing which the same people attack the Daily Mail for; a knee jerk reaction.

As for reasons for taking part other than money, perhaps it's because it's on Channel Four and more people would see her. Just a guess, if you want reasons other than money. Either way, it just seemed like a means to an end.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Questions for LucyPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:48 pm    Subject: Questions for Lucy Reply with quote

Herve wrote:
I think part of the shortage of TV work could be the industry hatred of anyone who professes to be a Tory. I've read a few online commentaries of the video Lucy made and many who hadn't heard of her have latched on to the Tory/ bleeding heart liberal comment and used it to attack her, because she had an opinion that didn't fit with cosmopolitan media-land's political consensus.

An interesting thought and one which I must admit hadn't occurred to me. Partly I guess because the general opinions I hear these days are so antipathetic to Labour that the persisting lesser prevalence of such views in the TV world slipped my mind...

Herve wrote:
As for reasons for taking part other than money, perhaps it's because it's on Channel Four and more people would see her. Just a guess, if you want reasons other than money.

Ah, that one I can't agree with... Lucy knew very well that she was not the type of person to appeal to the audience; it's not much use coming to the attention of a few million people if the result is that they don't like you... It's not the sort of game where the adage "no such thing as bad publicity" applies, and Lucy is certainly aware that publicity comes in both favourable and unfavourable varieties Smile
Herve

Questions for LucyPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:13 am    Subject: Questions for Lucy Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:

Ah, that one I can't agree with... Lucy knew very well that she was not the type of person to appeal to the audience; it's not much use coming to the attention of a few million people if the result is that they don't like you... It's not the sort of game where the adage "no such thing as bad publicity" applies, and Lucy is certainly aware that publicity comes in both favourable and unfavourable varieties Smile

Well, no i'm not that convinced of it, but i'd like to know what you think it was, if not just money.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Questions for LucyPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:19 am    Subject: Questions for Lucy Reply with quote

Pressure from Neon plus bad advice. The bad advice I know about, and the pressure from Neon is a reasonable deduction from such clues as Lucy's comment on Charlie Crocker that she'd "been resisting it for years", the knowledge that Neon would get a hefty sum from her appearance, and Dave Read's terrible attitude as revealed by such things as his "it's all about my bank account" comment on Nuts TV and his statement in a Loaded interview that he got into the job for the opportunities for power and control it would bring... oh yes, I am so glad Lucy is not with them any more Smile
Herve

Questions for LucyPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:44 am    Subject: Questions for Lucy Reply with quote

Yeah, that Dave person appeared on Nuts supermodel search or something and I just thought he was a toad.
fan101

Contributions: 390

Questions for LucyPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:08 pm    Subject: Questions for Lucy Reply with quote

my question is will you do some more photo shoots like this or keep on the same track your on

Random_dude365

Contributions: 324

Questions for LucyPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:47 pm    Subject: - Reply with quote

I'd ask her if shed like to go to the butchers shop

thinking ( mmm I'll take you to the butcher shop mmm mmm Ill let you eat a pork chop mmm mmm and girl don't you stop, until you grill the spot mmm) Woohoo!

Before anyone asks that is in a movie called little man
Pigeon
Site Admin

Questions for LucyPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:25 pm    Subject: Questions for Lucy Reply with quote

It's also pushing the boundaries a bit Wink
Random_dude365

Contributions: 324

Questions for LucyPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:37 pm    Subject: - Reply with quote

Sorry
just trying to get a bit of humour into this forum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: