Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Picture posting and reposting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Site News and Queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Picture posting and repostingPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:39 pm    Subject: Picture posting and reposting Reply with quote

Since we've had a welcome flood of new users recently I thought it might be useful to post this Smile

Posting pics on this site

Please ensure that the images have meaningful filenames, not alphabet soup as some image hosts produce... Filenames should please include Lucy's name (or Malene's, Sophie's, etc, as appropriate) and preferably also the name of the publication, event or whatever from which the pic originates and the date.

Please don't use image hosts which put grot adverts around the pics. Lucy, as we are all thankful for, does not produce that sort of material and it's not very nice for her pics to be associated with it.

Feel free to email pics to me to be hosted on this server if it makes things easier... I keep meaning to install a facility for members to upload pics, I'll get round to it one day...

A small number of categories of pics are not allowed. These include:
- Calendar pics of the current and forthcoming year (ie. at present, 2009 and 2010), except for pics that have been used in a magazine/newspaper or official advertising material.
- Pics from onlytease.com, apart from the free preview pics (newsletter pics) that you don't have to pay for.
- Unpublished pics from certain specific shoots - at the moment there is only one such shoot, the music shoot from summer 2008; if any others in this category appear I'll let you know about them at the time.

Reposting pics from this site on other sites

You are more than welcome to post pics from this forum on other sites.

When doing this please do NOT rehost them. Please link directly to the pics on this server.

I know that some websites do things like replacing remotely-linked images with a snotty message. This site does not. Sites that do that annoy me, so I deliberately run this one on the opposite policy, and positively encourage people to remote-link the pics.

Also, the web-sized images on this site are proper-sized pics in their own right, not titchy thumbnails, so people can appreciate them as they are straight away without having to mess about.

Most other forum software uses bbcode with which that on this site is compatible, so it is possible simply to hit the quote button on a post on this site and copy and paste the tags directly onto another site.

Standard bbcode tags are... for an image on its own:

Code:
[img]http://www.lucy-pinder.tv/path-to-image/filename.jpg[/img]

...and for a web-resized image linking to a full-size one ("clicky piccy"):

Code:
[url=http://www.lucy-pinder.tv/path-to-image/filename.jpg][img]http://www.lucy-pinder.tv/path-to-image/filename-small.jpg[/img][/url]

It is usually considered polite, when reposting pics, to credit the original poster. Speaking for myself, I'm not bothered. The pics aren't my work, they're Lucy's, and it's kind of embarrassing to get credit myself for something which is fundamentally Lucy's doing. If it bugs your sense of propriety to post pics without a credit, I'd rather you mentioned the site rather than myself.

Anyone else who would prefer an "anonymous credit" or no credit, please let me know and I'll add your name to this thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Site News and Queries All times are GMT

Jump to: