Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Photo Gallery
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Site News and Queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rlaxos

Contributions: 6

Photo GalleryPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:37 am    Subject: Photo Gallery Reply with quote

What happened to the search function? There used to be a search but it seems to be replaced by a button which says "Select tags or text" but that button doesn't work when you click on it.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Photo GalleryPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:34 am    Subject: Photo Gallery Reply with quote

The "Select tags or text" button opens a box where you can select tags to search for and/or specify search text and size of image.

To the left of the "select tags or text" button, there are two sets of drop-down boxes to select date ranges to search... and a "search" button which executes the search.

There is also a "Using the search function" button which opens a description of how it works.

What are you seeing/not seeing?
rlaxos

Photo GalleryPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:04 am    Subject: Photo Gallery Reply with quote

The "Select tags or text" button does not open a box when I click on it. Nothing happens when I click on it. The page doesn't load anything new.

Does it work for you? Do you have to use a certain browser?

On the other hand, the two sets of drop-down boxes and the search button next to it work, and the using the search function button also works I can see a box with directions.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Photo GalleryPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:13 am    Subject: Photo Gallery Reply with quote

It should work in any browser... anyone else using Chrome having problems?
Marty

Contributions: 562

Photo GalleryPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:39 am    Subject: Photo Gallery Reply with quote

That Select tags or text button doesn't work for me either Pigeon (I'm also using Chrome)
rlaxos

Photo GalleryPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:05 pm    Subject: Photo Gallery Reply with quote

So I just tried it on Mozilla Firefox(version 5) and it works, but like Marty it doesn't work on chrome.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Photo GalleryPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:51 pm    Subject: Photo Gallery Reply with quote

How odd, Chrome is definitely supposed to support the relevant features...

What do you see when you play with this? http://filehost.serveftp.net/things/test.html
Marty

Photo GalleryPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:54 pm    Subject: Photo Gallery Reply with quote

The clickety thing doesn't work, but the hover thing does
Pigeon
Site Admin

Photo GalleryPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:20 pm    Subject: Photo Gallery Reply with quote

Argh, looks like I'll have to download Chrome then Sad

Which is a pain because it's full of spyware and evil tracking code and I'm not having Google looking over my shoulder writing down every single thing I do. Especially after the lengths I've gone to to block all the stuff like that on the actual search engine. I can't even find a safe download link for it yet... the official download links most certainly are not safe!
Marty

Photo GalleryPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:28 pm    Subject: Photo Gallery Reply with quote

Well I can easily get round it, I'll just use Firefox if I want to search for anything Smile
Pigeon
Site Admin

Photo GalleryPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:12 am    Subject: Photo Gallery Reply with quote

My research indicates that while Chrome claims to support the necessary features, its support for them is buggy. I've found several complaints and bug reports from people who are trying to use them in the same way that I am; it seems that the bug concerned has been there for at least a year, but Google have responded to the bug reports in their usual manner of responding to user complaints, ie. ignoring them.

So I have implemented a fudge... let me know if it works Smile

It's also slightly unclear whether it's a bug specific to Chrome, or if it's in Webkit... any Safari users noticed any problems?
rlaxos

Photo GalleryPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:26 am    Subject: Photo Gallery Reply with quote

Thanks for trying to fix it, but it still does not work for chrome.
I have also tried it on Safari and it doesn't work.
The new search function is really handy; I guess Firefox will have to do :)
Again thanks for the effort.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Photo GalleryPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:03 am    Subject: Photo Gallery Reply with quote

Argh... What about the test page linked above? Any change there? Do you see two items enclosed in dotted boxes or three?
rlaxos

Photo GalleryPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:20 am    Subject: Photo Gallery Reply with quote

I see three dotted boxes and the clicking ones don't work but the hover box does.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Photo GalleryPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:30 am    Subject: Photo Gallery Reply with quote

OK... Give it a crack now, it seems that Chrome/Webkit doesn't consider a button to have got focus when you click on it, unlike every other browser even including IE Roll Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Site News and Queries All times are GMT
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: