Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Paysite trouble
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marty

Contributions: 562

Paysite troublePosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:10 pm    Subject: Paysite trouble Reply with quote

Let's face it, all of these web sites are overpriced. I'd love to see the figures on how many "recurring payments" they all get.

I assume that all that people do is sign up for a month, download the stuff they want and cancel the subscription. They may sign up 6 months later and download anything new but they'll just cancel the subscription again.

If they only charged a fiver a month I suspect most people wouldn't worry about cancelling the subscription would they? It would be a "it's a only fiver a month" type scenario.

They'd probably make more money that way and keep people a lot happier.

I keep thinking about signing up to Lucy's web site but everything I read on here puts me off. Sorry Lucy!
Pinderlust

Contributions: 431

Paysite troublePosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:41 pm    Subject: Paysite trouble Reply with quote

Good points Marty but why would they only charge 5 per month for the site when they used to charge 9 a month for the previous site for the crap they were (or more often were'nt) getting before? Somewhere between 10 and 15 is a more accurate figure.

Hypothetically someone could come into where we work and say they want us to work twice as hard for half the money, but we wouldn't be happy would we? The line has to be drawn somewhere...
Marty

Paysite troublePosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:08 pm    Subject: Paysite trouble Reply with quote

I know what you're saying, and there's no way they'd ever only charge a fiver a month, I just think they'd make more money that way.

Like I said, I'd actually be really curious to see how many recurring subscriptions they get? I guess there must be enough people who don't baulk at the cost to make Lucy's, and others', web sites financially viable.
adammanu11

Contributions: 50

Paysite troublePosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:03 pm    Subject: Paysite trouble Reply with quote

anyone know how many members roughly it has ?
Poggy

Contributions: 581

Paysite troublePosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:14 am    Subject: Paysite trouble Reply with quote

Marty. They'll never get many recurring subscription as long as you can get all the content free elsewhere on the net.

adammnu11. Not anywhere near as there should. Partly due to as I've said above. Also partly due to the cost. Lastly due to the same problem with Nuts and most the other models website who do continuing website shoots for the same peole. Lack of new ideas.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Paysite troublePosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:21 am    Subject: Paysite trouble Reply with quote

Marty wrote:
I know what you're saying, and there's no way they'd ever only charge a fiver a month, I just think they'd make more money that way.

Like I said, I'd actually be really curious to see how many recurring subscriptions they get? I guess there must be enough people who don't baulk at the cost to make Lucy's, and others', web sites financially viable.

It doesn't take much...

There are several models' sites on the same server, so the hosting costs are split between all of them, and it only takes one or two subscriptions a month on each site to cover that.

As far as the content is concerned, that too is essentially free. Morley takes the pics and also owns the site, so there are no licensing costs associated with buying pics from someone else to use. All they need to pay for is the MUA etc. for the shoots, and since they shoot several sets at once that cost is spread over several months' worth of output and again it won't take more than one or two subscriptions a month to cover it.

Lucy's payment is taken from what is left over after everything is covered, so that doesn't come into it.

So, yeah Smile While there must indeed be enough people who don't baulk at the cost to make it viable, "enough" isn't actually all that many Smile

I also agree that there must be enough people who do baulk at the cost that it would make a lot more money if the charge was lowered enough to bring these people in.

As Marty said, all of these sites are overpriced - compare them with the cost of other sources of like material and it just looks silly. If you buy every issue of Nuts, that costs you 8-odd a month; you get a lot more material, it is in better quality, and you get a physical object which you can keep or cut out pictures to stick on the wall or whatever. On the web, look at Onlytease - last time I checked (admittedly that was ages ago) it was something like 25 for a month's access, and that gets you five shoots and a video every day - full UHQs too.

Sure, that material is not all of one model, but then again, the sad fact is that that is what the great majority of people are happy with; people like us with a specific interest in Lucy are very much the minority Wry And anyway, the difference in price is enormous...

I certainly agree with Pinderlust that the site is a huge improvement over previous incarnations because it does actually do what it says it does. But that is something that should be a given irrespective of what it costs Smile it's not so much a point in favour of this version as a reiteration of how rubbish previous versions were Smile

Postscript: Accountants would argue that the cost is a lot more, by inventing silly fairy tales about costs which don't actually exist. For example, they would say that the cost of each shoot is whatever Morley's usual charge for such an assignment is. Which is rubbish. That's what someone else would have to pay him for the shoot. But he isn't doing them for someone else, he's doing them for himself. He doesn't have to pay himself for doing it, he just does it Smile

That sort of rubbish is the same as saying that a pint of milk from Sainsbury's costs (say) 20, because that is what I'd have to pay a taxi driver or someone to go and get it for me, therefore if I go and get it myself I have to pay myself 20 and it still costs me the same - or if the taxi driver goes to Sainsbury's to get himself a pint of milk he has to pay himself 20 so it costs him that much. Which is completely stupid BangHead The cost is defined by how much money changes hands, which in the case of me getting it for myself, or the taxi driver getting it for himself, is 49p for the milk and about 2 for the petrol. The accountant would also say that since the car costs me 200 a year for insurance and MoT (1972 car, no tax Big Grin) and I do about 5000 miles a year, then there is an additional cost of 20p for the 5-mile journey. Which again is a load of rubbish since I'd still be paying the same whether I drove to Sainsbury's or not. (Yes, my car does use a ridiculous amount of petrol Hehe)

Same with the shoots. Morley does the shoots and he owns the website; he is getting his own milk, there is no taxi driver. The real cost of the shoot does not include accountants' fairy tales about people paying themselves, or paying stuff that they would have to pay anyway whether they did the shoot or not. The cost of the shoot is how much money they have to give to someone else to do it, ie. how much the MUA etc charge them for being there, and as I say, with one shoot comprising several sets which cover a long period of updates it doesn't take many subscriptions to put that back Smile
Marty

Paysite troublePosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:50 am    Subject: Paysite trouble Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
On the web, look at Onlytease - last time I checked (admittedly that was ages ago) it was something like 25 for a month's access, and that gets you five shoots and a video every day - full UHQs too.

Yeh, that's the way to do it, it's a shame Lucy only did those 5 shoots. The only problem with OnlyTease is they seem to do most of their shoots at the same location. But there's so much content you can forgive that to an extent, and at least you get somewhere between 100 and 200 pictures per shoot Smile
Dawkins

Contributions: 12

Paysite troublePosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:58 am    Subject: Paysite trouble Reply with quote

I figured there was some amount of crap in what they said...given their unreliable service in the past and my obvious dissatisfaction with them I think they messaged me back as a PR move, like "We really do care" even if they really don't.

I agree with you Pigeon, about how the site should never have had any technical issues in the first place, and they should just post UHQs (if you are going to charge me so much for so little content, at least give me the high quality stuff and not this...in other words don't charge me for Filet Mignon and give me flank steak), but sadly both are issues on their site and pretty much has been since the current version of it went live.

@ Pinderlust, I never suggested she pose naked, I think you misread my post since I specifically said I wasn't...my point was that there are obviously sites out there that do have models pose naked and those sites are cheaper with more daily content than Lucy's site, and that's kind of sad.
linkweed

Contributions: 1133

Paysite troublePosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:58 pm    Subject: Paysite trouble Reply with quote

Marty wrote:
The only problem with OnlyTease is they seem to do most of their shoots at the same location. But there's so much content you can forgive that to an extent, and at least you get somewhere between 100 and 200 pictures per shoot Smile
That's one of the biggest issues with Lucy's site. The updates regularly feature far less than 100 photos. A few updates back there were back to back photosets with just over 30 photos Wry And to top it off, other websites run by the same company and shot by the same person release photosets with pictures well over 100 Roll Eyes That's taking the p*ss imo. Because of Lucy's popularity they see fit to give fan's the absolute bare minimum.
Poggy

Paysite troublePosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:07 am    Subject: Paysite trouble Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:

As far as the content is concerned, that too is essentially free. Morley takes the pics and also owns the site,

And this is where the Jodie Gasson problem will come in. All her website shoots are looking the same. The only changes are the clothes and locations. With some these starting to become the same old, same old. As they photographer is the same for each. So the same poses and style is used on each shoot. Jodie has done that many now it's got to be coming boring for even the most hardent fans.

Marty wrote:

Yeh, that's the way to do it, it's a shame Lucy only did those 5 shoots. The only problem with OnlyTease is they seem to do most of their shoots at the same location. But there's so much content you can forgive that to an extent, and at least you get somewhere between 100 and 200 pictures per shoot Smile

Don't get me wrong here. As I've liked OT over the years. But again things often turn up over and over. I'm not just taking about scenes either. One model wear a outfit. Then another ten will where the exact same thing. I'm talking lingerie and outfits.

Now I know with the amount OT has done over time and the amounts make this hard not to do. But maybe if you just slowed it down a little and also let the models have some more say than they do. Then maybe it would be so much same. I do get the feeling at times that the lingerie is sponsored by some company. The clothes might be done through discount too.

As for the sets and location. OT has always from day one been shot in the same place. So I'd guess that is why things are always the same. I'm guessing it's to keep costs down as much as they can.
chris_croc

Contributions: 20

Paysite troublePosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:38 pm    Subject: Paysite trouble Reply with quote

This is a message I posted in the official forum as I have had not had access to the official website when I have been paying and I have been billed in twice in the last two months. The service is a disgrace.

Hello,

This is a message to say that I will be contacting trading standards by 5:00pm tomorrow if I do not hear back. I am been billed twice in the last two months for http://www.lucypinder.info . Also in this time I had to post multiple messages on the forum and send many messages through the website to get access back to the website. I have had over half the time having not access to content I am paying for. This was the third time this has occurred in the last few months. On average it takes 2 weeks to regain access to the website. I require a full refund. Not just the $30 a month but $60 a month as this is how much I have been billed. So this occurred the last two months so I require a refund of $120. I wait to hear a response.
Marty

Paysite troublePosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:56 pm    Subject: Paysite trouble Reply with quote

As if there wasn't enough reason not to join, that's got to be the final nail in the coffin for me!
sexybeast

Contributions: 755

Paysite troublePosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:12 pm    Subject: Paysite trouble Reply with quote

chris_croc wrote:
This is a message I posted in the official forum as I have had not had access to the official website when I have been paying and I have been billed in twice in the last two months. The service is a disgrace.

Hello,

This is a message to say that I will be contacting trading standards by 5:00pm tomorrow if I do not hear back. I am been billed twice in the last two months for http://www.lucypinder.info . Also in this time I had to post multiple messages on the forum and send many messages through the website to get access back to the website. I have had over half the time having not access to content I am paying for. This was the third time this has occurred in the last few months. On average it takes 2 weeks to regain access to the website. I require a full refund. Not just the $30 a month but $60 a month as this is how much I have been billed. So this occurred the last two months so I require a refund of $120. I wait to hear a response.

That's not very good business...is it ??...Not only are u screwing over your regular customers but also scaring away the little bunch that could have shown interest in Lucy's next website once the current one dies a natural death... Head Smack ...how dumb is that
Poggy

Paysite troublePosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:57 am    Subject: Paysite trouble Reply with quote

A death it will die too Cry Why because of what I explained above. One photographer does not make good creativity Weep
chris_croc

Contributions: 20

Paysite troublePosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:42 pm    Subject: Paysite trouble Reply with quote

This is the conversation I am having with the web admins at the moment. I posted the below email on the official forum as I get no reply:

----

I noticed my initial thread has been deleted, why is this. Do you not want to hear how paying members can not get access to the site?

I have just looked through my paypal account and have noticed that I have been billed twice every month! I did have a another account initially but I CANCELLED THIS. However I have still been being billed twice a month, again for a service where I have not had access to for most of the time.

I GET NOT REPLYS FROM THE WEBSITE, AND I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED A REFUND. GOING THROUGH THIS FORUM IS MY ONLY OPTION. PLEASE PM ME AN EMAIL TO CONTACT.

THIS IS A NIGHTMARE.

---

This is the first response I have got and my reply:

---

Wow this is the first email I have received. I need a full refund for every payment I have sent you from both accounts. I cancelled the other account, and have still been billed for this. Also I have had not had access to the content for the vast majority of the time. I have been told in writing that my IP was blocked, by a fourm admin who was in contact with you. Breaking the terms of service. I will send all responses to my contact at trading standards and post these responses on all LP forums I can find so people can make up there own minds. I hope we can reach a satisfying conclusion where I get a refund for this unsatisifying service. service.

> Subject: Re: [Contact Form] From Christopher
> From: admin@lucypinder.info
> Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 23:32:26 +0100
>
> I note that you have just cancelled two subscriptions through Paypal.
>
> I have refunded one of the payments.
>
> You must have, in error, signed up twice from two different email addresses.
>
> We have been replying to your emails, although it would appear you have not been receiving them. Please check your junk mail folders.
>
> Regards
>
> Admin
>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: