Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

"Other Models" forum unlocked again :)
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Site News and Queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

"Other Models" forum unlocked again :)Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:53 am    Subject: "Other Models" forum unlocked again :) Reply with quote

My apologies to anyone trying to post in the "other models" forum at the moment.

The reason is that yesterday I had to delete three posts containing paysite content...

Those who have been following recent developments will appreciate that this is about the worst time that could have happened... and all the more so since one of the paysites concerned was run by guess who...

I am worried in case the same thing happens again while I'm not around and he turns up and sees it before I've had a chance to delete it. So I've locked the forum for the time being to make sure this doesn't happen.

Don't worry, it will be unlocked again before the day is out, I just need to be around to keep an eye on what's posted Smile

I haven't locked the Lucy forum because I can't see anyone being dumb enough to post paysite stuff in there, especially now Smile

Last edited by Pigeon on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
eazy_g

Contributions: 400

"Other Models" forum unlocked again :)Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:43 am    Subject: "Other Models" forum unlocked again :) Reply with quote

Sorry for the stress P, you do a fine job with this forum, many kudos! Thumb Up! Thumb Up!
EVISU

Contributions: 383

"Other Models" forum unlocked again :)Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:34 pm    Subject: "Other Models" forum unlocked again :) Reply with quote

if u know where to look u can see lucys too and well as others
Pigeon
Site Admin

"Other Models" forum unlocked again :)Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:16 am    Subject: "Other Models" forum unlocked again :) Reply with quote

The "other models" forum is now unlocked again Smile

eazy_g wrote:
Sorry for the stress P, you do a fine job with this forum, many kudos! Thumb Up! Thumb Up!

Hey, it's not your fault! Smile Wasn't any of your posts I was talking about Smile

I just knew that I wasn't going to be around today to keep an eye on what was going on.

EVISU wrote:
if u know where to look u can see lucys too and well as others

So the exclusive content off Lucy's new site has appeared elsewhere already, then?

Well what a surprise that is.

And it was nothing to do with me, Morley, in case you read this.

Maybe, just maybe, he will realise that attacking what is probably the only website that could be relied upon not to redistribute the exclusive content has and can achieve precisely nothing except to lose him money and make things more awkward for Lucy, while those sites which are willing to redistribute it are so numerous and so international in nature that there is no way he can prevent it or even scratch the surface.
EVISU

"Other Models" forum unlocked again :)Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:23 am    Subject: "Other Models" forum unlocked again :) Reply with quote

new stuff dunno but def older stuff
xxLynnexx

Contributions: 96

"Other Models" forum unlocked again :)Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:00 pm    Subject: "Other Models" forum unlocked again :) Reply with quote

I have been a mod on Lucy's official site for a number of years and even I will refuse to pay to join....sorry Lucy Sad I am not paying and I think she will loose some fans.
EVISU

"Other Models" forum unlocked again :)Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:10 pm    Subject: "Other Models" forum unlocked again :) Reply with quote

how much does membership cost btw
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

"Other Models" forum unlocked again :)Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:10 pm    Subject: "Other Models" forum unlocked again :) Reply with quote

It's a rather over priced 225 (ish) a year...

I am also a long time LP fan but the price there asking for is simply not worth the content they are offering im afraid.

It could be seen by many as darn right greedy as well. I just hope the people in charge come to there senses and lower the price to reach the majority of Lucy's fan base...
Pinderlust

Contributions: 431

"Other Models" forum unlocked again :)Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:10 pm    Subject: "Other Models" forum unlocked again :) Reply with quote

It works out at about 19 per month with the existing exchange rate for dollars.

Okay now (I want to leave the "politics" behind the site out for this analysis as we know how how much grief it has been giving our beloved Pigeon Sad)

Let's compare the content (or potential) of the new site to the previous site.

This site has started with 5 previously released videos (all of which are accompanied by MQ photsets if it's anything the same as Kelly Hall's site) plus a welter of previously released older short videos, this time in HD. There is 1 new unseen HD video set so far which has accompanying photos, again this is like a typical individual regular Kelly Hall update. The site also "promises" to update with a new set "every fortnight" (which we can assume involves a 5min or more HD video and a set of a couple of a dozen MQ photos) Again, this is very similar to the pattern of KH's website (which I may also add is to my knowledge the same charge per month).

Now compare this to the previous site which launched in June last year at (strewth!) 9 (NINE POUNDS! per month) . Yes it started with 4 "unseen" videos totalling about 8 mins but they were completely unwatchable, dark, jerky and of postage stamp quality. There were also NO PHOTOS WHATSOEVER. Then, for about the next 5 months - that's 45 pounds worth of continuous subscription, we were treated to unreliable weekly update of poor quality, postage stamp resolution, mostly minute-in-length only videos AND HARDLY ANY DECENT PHOTOS OF PASSABLE QUALITY WHATSOEVER. After that the site quickly fell apart and so did the fans!

Didn't a lot of us say back earlier in the year that the reason the site was so crap and unreliable was because 9 per month was not enough to make it good and it needed to be 15-20 per month to be run properly?(like KH's site) What I don't understand is people now saying "Lucy is charging too much" and "people don't want to pay that" when we all new that this would have to be inevitable. I don't think that anyone expects anybody, unless they are a very rich Lucy Pinder enthusiast, to be a CONTINUOUS member, it's only intended to be a "sign up occasionally when you like the look of the updates" website.

But as I said originally, if you put the unhealthy politics to the side for the moment, what would you rather have?

1). Pay 9 per month for 4-8 minutes of sub-VHS/DVD quality video and no pictures,

or

2). Pay 19 per month for 10 minutes+ of HD video plus a few dozen MQ photos?
EVISU

"Other Models" forum unlocked again :)Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:34 pm    Subject: "Other Models" forum unlocked again :) Reply with quote

3. free pics free vids

but the models dont earn anything, to then dont release anything so Spinning Eyes
linkweed

Contributions: 1132

"Other Models" forum unlocked again :)Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:49 pm    Subject: "Other Models" forum unlocked again :) Reply with quote

Pinderlust wrote:

2). Pay 19 per month for 10 minutes+ of HD video plus a few dozen MQ photos?
A few dozen MQ photos? I was thinking more like over 100 hi-res photo's. I mean, they have the pics. Why downscale them for paying customers? Who are they saving the UHQ pics for anyway?
You have to wonder what they're thinking sometimes. They open a site with 6 month old * picture's that, for the past couple months, have been available on nearly every celebrity/pr0n forum. And the only truly new update contains 32 pictures Roll Eyes . Stacey Poole and Lucy's site's are nearly mirrors of each other, even down to the same shoot themes but Stacey's site specifically reads, "Between 100 and 400 exclusive pictures and around 10 minutes HD video EVERY other MONDAY"

They still must have hundreds of photo's that they kept from the mobile club so I wouldn't be surprised if it's a long while before we see anything we haven't already been anticipating. It could've opened with a bang but, for her fans(which the site is aimed at) it isn't really anything new.

* I wanted to look up on the official forum exactly when some of the updates were but they appear to have deleted the previous member club threads. Roll Eyes
Pigeon
Site Admin

"Other Models" forum unlocked again :)Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:06 am    Subject: "Other Models" forum unlocked again :) Reply with quote

Pinderlust wrote:
Didn't a lot of us say back earlier in the year that the reason the site was so crap and unreliable was because 9 per month was not enough to make it good and it needed to be 15-20 per month to be run properly?(like KH's site) What I don't understand is people now saying "Lucy is charging too much" and "people don't want to pay that" when we all new that this would have to be inevitable.

I agree with both bits Smile

I remember someone commented on Emma Glover's facebook page that her site (another DM one, and at the same price) was too expensive. I replied to the comment saying that's what it takes to do a decent job of it Smile

But that doesn't mean I don't also think it's too much money to ask for Wink

This is one of the reasons why I think the whole idea is fundamentally flawed. You can either make a good site which is too expensive for people to want to bother with, or you can make a cheap site which is too rubbish for people to want to bother with... but you can't make one which is both good and acceptably priced. It will inevitably fail on one point or the other.

Pinderlust wrote:
I don't think that anyone expects anybody, unless they are a very rich Lucy Pinder enthusiast, to be a CONTINUOUS member, it's only intended to be a "sign up occasionally when you like the look of the updates" website.

The sign-up-occasionally method certainly seems the most sensible way to go about it, but the site itself does seem to expect people to be continuous members. The only option it offers is to "subscribe" - it doesn't have a "one-off" option and the only way to simulate one is to subscribe and then cancel (and hope the cancellation is processed as rapidly as the subscription, instead of messing you about like so many places do). As far as I can make out without having tried to use the signup process myself, that is.

I guess it's too early to say, though, and the proof one way or the other will come in a month or two... are the previous sets going to remain on the site when new ones are added, so you can indeed sign up occasionally and then cancel again, or will it be that as new sets go up old ones are taken down, so you have to subscribe in order not to miss most of it?

linkweed wrote:
A few dozen MQ photos? I was thinking more like over 100 hi-res photo's. I mean, they have the pics. Why downscale them for paying customers? Who are they saving the UHQ pics for anyway?
You have to wonder what they're thinking sometimes. They open a site with 6 month old * picture's that, for the past couple months, have been available on nearly every celebrity/pr0n forum. And the only truly new update contains 32 pictures Roll Eyes

Hang on. Have I got this right... MQ? They are trying to sell people pics which they have more than likely already got from the same sites I got them from, in lower quality than they have already?

You're quite right - they have the pics in the original UHQ, and that is what they should be providing to people who have paid to see them. It's not as if it would cost them any more, after all Smile

I suppose they might be thinking they can still sell the UHQs to a mag or something, but that would be a very bad idea in terms of people's reactions when they see pics they have paid through the nose for reduced quality versions of appearing in better quality in mags essentially for free.

Also, a common complaint against both previous iterations of the site was that the pics were not supplied in decent quality. So why make the same mistake again?
Poggy

Contributions: 579

"Other Models" forum unlocked again :)Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:47 am    Subject: "Other Models" forum unlocked again :) Reply with quote

Never have agreed with paysites or should be I'll never pay for one Hehe

To say a model won't earn any money from shoots without selling membership is a complete myth. All they have to do is sell some of the photos to magazines, advertisements, etc. Like they have always done. Then they can just show the out takes or such on their site. This is how it used to work till greed came along. It's not just the models doing this either. Photographers, magazines, etc. Have all started to do this. I supose this is how the world has gone. You'd think in the time we are living in at the moment people wouldn't be so greedy and try to obtain peoples money so much. But it's actually the other way round. They are just trying hard and more ways to take what little people have at the moment.

I'm not saying this is just Lucy doing this. As they all are starting to do this.

Plus the funny thing is. The one thing Lucy used to stand out at more than any other model was by having a totally free site. Now that has gone Sad I think as Lynne said. Lucy will more fans than gain by all this.

PS
I did say how people had told me how good Kelly Hall's site was. I never said I agreed to having to pay to it or that I'd seen it myself. As again I'd have to pay to do that Big Laugh
snowflake

Contributions: 663

"Other Models" forum unlocked again :)Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:48 pm    Subject: "Other Models" forum unlocked again :) Reply with quote

Imagine that it works for 100 persons minimum, well, the annual sales would be worthwhile, especially if the website manager has several websites to manage! And at this price, it would be a real gold mine at 1,000 persons!!

The LP's fan who pay as much money is necessarly rich or necessarly fanatically addicted to LP's material... and seeing the price, I'd call that an abuse of power on some people's weakness. Since I read this article about Page 3 debate, I realized that Lucy is quite materialist and isn't unfortunately aware of that isn't...
She could have been convinced that this systeme would make some people (friends) works thanks to her, and so, this would comfort her in what she does and her image are good. Wry

The main part of LP's enthusiast is largely enough feed with the material shown in this lonely website. If this one desappears, all the needings will return near this new official website wich could then to tempt more easyly some potential suckers. I'm saying "sucker" cos it's about nothing else than buisness and dough! Yuck This is the new "unbalanced" image of Lucy wich could effectively make her loose a lot of charm, a lot of fans, and why not at the end a part of her self esteem... Sad (We already spoke there or somewhere else, a long time ago, about paradigma theory Hehe ...)

I just hope we'll be abled to follow all this together on this forum next year! Roll Eyes Wink
Pigeon
Site Admin

"Other Models" forum unlocked again :)Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:47 pm    Subject: "Other Models" forum unlocked again :) Reply with quote

snowflake wrote:
Imagine that it works for 100 persons minimum, well, the annual sales would be worthwhile, especially if the website manager has several websites to manage! And at this price, it would be a real gold mine at 1,000 persons!!

Yes, those are the kind of figures which are used to sell these websites to models... it makes it sound like 200k a year for a couple of days shooting, which sounds great... Only it doesn't work out like that in practice. Not that many people want to sign up, not that many people want to stay signed up, the overheads and the operators take a great big chunk of the money... It's fine if you are the operator and are running several of them, but for the models, it can be difficult to make any worthwhile return. As an example of this Mel D is telling people not to sign up to her website because she's never made a penny from it... granted she's not in Lucy's class, but if twitter follower numbers are any guide she does have 25% of the following, which isn't too shabby.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Site News and Queries All times are GMT
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: