Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Official website
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

Official websitePosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:12 pm    Subject: Official website Reply with quote

sexybeast wrote:
Oh its a pay site, is it...with the kind of money Lucy is making( she is one of the highest paid glamour models of all time, is'nt she?) u'd think she would not have to resort to such desperate measures...great move Lucy Thumb Up! ..sure to win u all the popularity polls

RockyMoney wrote:
Ah now steady on. Does anyone here know how much say Lucy has in these situations? Because I dont. Lets not jump to conclusions about a situation we know little about.

Well, you both have a point Smile

Indeed, Rocky, this bunch try and shove something like that onto everything they do... they seem to have some sort of fixation with the idea that models should have pay sites.

Indeed, sexybeast, that's exactly what I was expecting some people to say... and I agree with you about the effect it has on her image... as it happens I was chatting with someone by PM the other day and said "if it has a pay section people are going to say almost word for word what you said".

And I don't reckon it was Lucy's idea because I'm sure she's sufficiently well switched on to make the same prediction herself...

Another item in the epic tale of fail Sad I would love it if Lucy could find it in herself to tell them they're not getting paid for this because they don't deserve it.
sexybeast

Contributions: 755

Official websitePosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:30 pm    Subject: Official website Reply with quote

The fact is these pay sites don't even generate the kind of revenue the girls or management were hoping for...look at the Lindsey strutt, Melissa debling, Kayleigh pearson etc etc websites...the "exclusive" pics n vids they boast of are up all over the net...because once a person gets in there its a free for all..so why dent ur good name by following such a ludicrous practice...i'd like to believe Lucy is much smarter than this Smile
Grendel

Contributions: 286

Official websitePosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:01 pm    Subject: Official website Reply with quote

Funny... one of the admins has inquired about my mental health, when I posted my criticism. It's not everyday you find a forum where the admins are the trolls!
sexybeast

Contributions: 755

Official websitePosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:09 pm    Subject: Official website Reply with quote

Just read that one Grendel Big Laugh ...awesome Thumb Up! ...wanted to back u up there but just can't log in
Pigeon
Site Admin

Official websitePosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:59 pm    Subject: Official website Reply with quote

Grendel wrote:
Funny... one of the admins has inquired about my mental health, when I posted my criticism. It's not everyday you find a forum where the admins are the trolls!

He's the one who wrote it.

So rather than acknowledge that there's a deficiency, let alone do anything about it, he'd rather just abuse you for mentioning it.

Well... that does rather correlate with the assessment I made of him long before this all started. And also strengthens my fears that he's been deceiving Lucy and making out that none of the faults and failings are his fault...
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

Official websitePosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:05 am    Subject: Official website Reply with quote

There must be something you can do about this kinda thing. Im aware that although he hasnt broken any laws as such he does seem to be a bit of a opportunist!
Nearly everything in this world can be solved with enough people sending strongly worded letters (or E-mails) to the folk in charge.
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

Official websitePosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:07 am    Subject: Official website Reply with quote

I'd say its vital that Lucy herself knows of this so it might be good to get in touch with GM? I'm just trying to help here guys so please dont shoot my ideas down to badly! Hehe
Pigeon
Site Admin

Official websitePosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:59 am    Subject: Official website Reply with quote

I think it's a bit more complicated than that Smile

Both GM and Lucy know that if I'd been doing the job it would have been done quickly, for nothing, and without breaking anything. To say any more now I don't think would achieve anything... plus there's the risk that it might be mistaken as just me bitching because I didn't get to do it. (Though I don't think Lucy herself would think that Smile)

Problem is it was already too late by the time I put my offer in to GM... if I'd known in advance perhaps it might have been different, but it's too late now Sad

Lucy is always too polite to criticise anyone in public (apart from politicians Hehe) and I'm sure that while she's publically being very mild about it, in private she must be less than pleased... after all if I permanently lost the entire member list and four years' worth of content off any forum I look after then I would expect the owner to be hopping mad however good my excuse was. Also, it'll be a long time before something like this arises again. And I reckon that in that time Lucy will work it out for herself Smile after all 99 times out of 100 she works it out before it starts, which is a lot better than most people do Smile
linkweed

Contributions: 1132

Official websitePosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:02 am    Subject: Official website Reply with quote

wouldnt the pay section of the site be a result of her management rather than an idea by lucy herself? and i would imagine you have to pay for them because theyre owned by nuts, the same way people have paid for the nuts mobile vids in the past.
sure the new layout is a letdown but if someone is unfamiliar with lucy than the website probably looks fine, and if they want to find more pics of her theyll eventually discover this site Thumb Up!
Pigeon
Site Admin

Official websitePosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:23 am    Subject: Official website Reply with quote

linkweed wrote:
wouldnt the pay section of the site be a result of her management rather than an idea by lucy herself?

Yes, I reckon so, especially since Lucy's never been into that before. I think it would be a mistake to think of the rewrite as being entirely or even mainly down to Lucy - especially since it's just the same as it was before only with different pics, when she could have just changed the pics on it as it was - so she herself hasn't gained anything out of it. It was described as a "rebranding" and I think it was GM's concern with the concept of branding, and bringing it as far as possible under the same roof as their other models' sites, that was the driver. I think the major part of Lucy's input was probably in stopping it being a glamourchase site.

linkweed wrote:
if they want to find more pics of her theyll eventually discover this site Thumb Up!

Hehe Thumb Up!
Richard

Contributions: 228

Official websitePosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:53 am    Subject: Official website Reply with quote

Greetings Fellow Fans.

Long time resident over on the official forum...but the recent down time (was that announced anywhere? I knew the new site was coming, but the forum shutdown?), and subsequent changes have me searching for more sure footed surroundings.

Pigeon,

Glad to finally have made it over here. Kilbs did a great job keeping this forums contributions felt on the official site the last couple years...So I guess it was about time to just move on over. Thumb Up!

Already seen several familiar names...it's good to see.

Glad to be here. On with the show!
Pigeon
Site Admin

Official websitePosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:08 am    Subject: Official website Reply with quote

Greetings Thumb Up!

No, the downtime wasn't announced... it wasn't supposed to happen, nor was the loss of all the forum content and memberlist. It was supposed to carry on unchanged. I'd guess that was the first indication Lucy had that things were not as they should be... but having said that, I'm still not 100% sure she realises the content is lost and gone forever...

Thanks for the comments Big Smile glad to have you on board, hope you enjoy it here Smile

Keep playing, and saying, "welcome to the show" Thumb Up!
Poggy

Contributions: 579

Official websitePosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:40 am    Subject: Official website Reply with quote

Richard wrote:
Greetings Fellow Fans.

Long time resident over on the official forum...but the recent down time (was that announced anywhere? I knew the new site was coming, but the forum shutdown?), and subsequent changes have me searching for more sure footed surroundings.

Pigeon,

Glad to finally have made it over here. Kilbs did a great job keeping this forums contributions felt on the official site the last couple years...So I guess it was about time to just move on over. Thumb Up!

Already seen several familiar names...it's good to see.

Glad to be here. On with the show!

Welcome aboard. Hope you have a great time here Thumb Up!
Pigeon
Site Admin

Official websitePosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:16 am    Subject: Official website Reply with quote

OK, following a PM conversation I think I'm going to close this thread because all the heavy negative vibes are really bringing the place down, man.

I don't like closing threads but I think we've all said our piece now Smile if anyone disagrees and/or thinks there's more that needs to be discussed by all means feel free to PM me about reopening it.

And yes, I know it's me that has posted a fair bit of the negative stuff... reason being I'm particularly hacked off about it not only because Lucy has been deceived and because I predicted something like this would happen but also because I could have avoided all the bad stuff if I'd been doing the job.

So I'd just like to make it clear that none of the negativity is in any way concerned with Lucy herself. 100% of the blame attaches to the so-called "web designer" for falsely representing that he was competent. By the time Lucy began to get any indication that in reality he hasn't got a clue - ie. when the forum was destroyed - it was too late to change anything (and come to that I'm still a bit worried that he's continuing to deceive Lucy as to how serious that is... has he fully owned up that it's not just misconfiguration, but four years of content is lost and gone forever?)

It's not Lucy's fault that her only source of information about this so-and-so was wrong.

Similarly with the mobile thing, again that was something pushed onto Lucy and while I agree it gives a bad impression, to actually ascribe that impression to Lucy is not just.

99 times out of 100 Lucy spots things like this before any harm is done, which is a lot more than most people manage Smile and I'm sure she won't get caught by this deceiving incompetent again Smile

OK, cheers chaps Smile
Pigeon
Site Admin

Official websitePosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:11 pm    Subject: Official website Reply with quote

...Sorry, I have to make one last post... just to make it entirely clear what sort of person this destroyer of Lucy's forum is.

He has just sent me by email what must be the most juvenile message I have received since before I left school. First he repeats the same insult he directed at Grendel and then he calls me a "dangerous fat smelly mother****er" ROFL

...And that's all it contains - no rational content whatsoever, not even one sentence... there is only the schoolyard abuse.

Obviously he hasn't got the mental capacity either to acknowledge or defend his actions so he resorts to insults - the last refuge of the defeated.

Which I guess is quite useful since now nobody can be in any doubt as to exactly what sort of person he is.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: