Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

New Google Privacy Policy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eazy_g

Contributions: 400

New Google Privacy PolicyPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:49 am    Subject: New Google Privacy Policy Reply with quote

How does everyone feel about the new invasion of privacy from google? I for one do not use it anymore thanks to this.
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

New Google Privacy PolicyPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:51 pm    Subject: New Google Privacy Policy Reply with quote

I listened to PM on BBC Radio 4 this lunchtime about this, they had someone from Google on talking about it. He said that if you remain signed out of your Google account then it shouldn't be a problem.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

New Google Privacy PolicyPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:13 pm    Subject: New Google Privacy Policy Reply with quote

I've been blocking cookies and javascript from Google for ages, I shall simply continue to do so and just be more assiduous about it Smile
BigOmar

Contributions: 80

New Google Privacy PolicyPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:52 pm    Subject: New Google Privacy Policy Reply with quote

big problem if you regularly use Youtube.
eazy_g

Contributions: 400

New Google Privacy PolicyPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:20 am    Subject: New Google Privacy Policy Reply with quote

BigOmar wrote:
big problem if you regularly use Youtube.

yep major big problem.
Pigeon
Site Admin

New Google Privacy PolicyPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:53 am    Subject: New Google Privacy Policy Reply with quote

Block cookies from google and youtube by default. Also block javascript on google, and add google analytics to your adblock filters.

Create a separate google account purely for use with youtube. Don't enable google cookies until you actually sign in. When you sign out again, block google cookies again and delete the ones it set. Don't google anything while signed in to youtube.

Set this as a custom user .css for google:

Code:
.vshid {
    display: inline !important;
    margin-left: 10px;
}
.vshid a {
    color: #1122cc !important;
}

...That will put the "Cached" links back on the search results page, even with javascript disabled.

When you find a youtube video that's hidden behind that infuriating "confirm you're over 18" rubbish (What is the point of that? Anyone who isn't over 18 can just lie...) - Don't sign in to watch it. Instead, google the video ID (the string of characters after "v=" in the video URL) on its own. This will find the video via google, and if you watch it via the "Cached" link it bypasses the age screen (at least it did the last time I tried it).
linkweed

Contributions: 1132

New Google Privacy PolicyPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:18 am    Subject: New Google Privacy Policy Reply with quote

When I first heard this a month or so back I signed out of youtube and left it that way. Doesnt make much difference for me as I'm not on there 24/7 like some people. Ive only been hit by the "over 18" block once since than.

That trick you mentioned above didnt work Pigeon, googling the letters/#'s after the v= to bring up a cached copy. But this could be related to the fact I empty my cache/delete history compulsively every 15 minutes.
Pigeon
Site Admin

New Google Privacy PolicyPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:50 am    Subject: New Google Privacy Policy Reply with quote

Oh bum, it did the last time I tried it...

<investigates by googling random videos>

Seems they've been awkward swines twice over, by removing all the cached results for youtube video pages. Mad It's not you...

However cached copies of some videos do still show up using that method - if, for example, they were embedded on another page - so while it's not as reliable as it was, it's still worth trying.

Next time you get hit with that age thing, post the link here and I'll see if I can wangle another way around it Smile (Or if I get hit by it first I'll post myself Smile)
linkweed

Contributions: 1132

New Google Privacy PolicyPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:58 am    Subject: New Google Privacy Policy Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
However cached copies of some videos do still show up using that method - if, for example, they were embedded on another page - so while it's not as reliable as it was, it's still worth trying.
Yea I searched it again through google and I found a blog that had the embedded version which played it with no problems Thumb Up!
This is the link www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1Bsee_sx4A. No need for a work around anymore but if you find yourself with some spare time one day Hehe ... How is it every thread seems to involve more work for you?Big Laugh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT

Jump to: