Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

My critique to Lucy's official site
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Marty



Joined: 17 Nov 2011
Contributions: 562

My critique to Lucy's official sitePosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:45 pm    Subject: My critique to Lucy's official site Reply with quote


I posted this on Kelly Hall's thread, but I'll ask it here as well seeing as it's relevant.

I was thinking of signing up to Kelly Hall's web site for a month or two but, having read about the lack of quality on Lucy's site, and specifically about the watermarking I am now in two minds. Her web site "logo" is quite large and I noticed on at least one photo she posted on Twitter that the logo does tend to obscure the picture content, in much the same way as the picture Grendel has posted from Lucy's web site.

Does anyone know if this is standard for Kelly's web site too?

I can understand premium content having a small logo at the bottom or side of the picture (like with the Only Tease pictures for example) but it shouldn't obscure the picture itself. What on earth is the point of paying for "premium" content when you can't appreciate it properly?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
slp



Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Contributions: 85
Location: bolton

My critique to Lucy's official sitePosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:28 pm    Subject: My critique to Lucy's official site Reply with quote


Thumb Down Hi avin been a long time admirer of Lucy I regrettably joined the official site and I agree with grendel the content for what u pay is poor and the videos although good quality better than nuts and mobile phone vidsthey are to just too short and the photoshoots are pretty boring and yes the watermarks do obscure some of the pics so I will be cancelling and will endeavour to scour the net for the content free as once again Lucy has been misled and her fans s**t on again
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tford



Joined: 13 Jul 2010
Contributions: 363

My critique to Lucy's official sitePosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:59 pm    Subject: My critique to Lucy's official site Reply with quote


Poor Lucy, she needs to get more business smarts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
minty



Joined: 06 Apr 2010
Contributions: 79

My critique to Lucy's official sitePosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:15 am    Subject: My critique to Lucy's official site Reply with quote


People do seem to be a bit negative at times. Ok so the last pay site wasn't the best ,mobile based, no agreed updates and content was rather low in quality.

Not sure what people have got a problem with this time! Ok so the images are mediocre, over photo shopped and the logo does get in the way. All this could be resolved on future content.

The images are hardly the main draw anyway. The videos are 720p , you could just take your own screen shots from the video as the they're not obstructed by logo's (well not much).

The site has updated bang on time twice in the past 4 weeks it's been live. The videos are far better than what Nuts offer and at around 6 minutes each a lot longer as well.

I can maybe understand people thinking the videos might not be the most interesting , but there are only 3 at the moment, if after 3months of updates the themes haven't changed then might be better to judge then.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Grendel



Joined: 24 Mar 2009
Contributions: 286
Location: Spain

My critique to Lucy's official sitePosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:09 am    Subject: My critique to Lucy's official site Reply with quote


That's exactly why I haven't cancelled my subscription, Minty. And that's exactly why I sent them an email complaining about this before starting this thread here. Because I believe there's room for improvement, and I hope the site will improve.

And I believe that's called constructive criticism.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Poggy



Joined: 12 Feb 2009
Contributions: 579

My critique to Lucy's official sitePosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:08 am    Subject: My critique to Lucy's official site Reply with quote


Marty wrote:
I posted this on Kelly Hall's thread, but I'll ask it here as well seeing as it's relevant.

I was thinking of signing up to Kelly Hall's web site for a month or two but, having read about the lack of quality on Lucy's site, and specifically about the watermarking I am now in two minds. Her web site "logo" is quite large and I noticed on at least one photo she posted on Twitter that the logo does tend to obscure the picture content, in much the same way as the picture Grendel has posted from Lucy's web site.

Does anyone know if this is standard for Kelly's web site too?

I can understand premium content having a small logo at the bottom or side of the picture (like with the Only Tease pictures for example) but it shouldn't obscure the picture itself. What on earth is the point of paying for "premium" content when you can't appreciate it properly?


Marty how can I put this. They all do it now. It's not just Lucy's site. Kelly's, Melissa Debbling, Jodie Gasson, Lucy Collett even Lindsey Strutt's was doing it. They all put this big logo on it. Half the time in a very bad position ruining photos Thumb Down

Sorry to say this to all the models. But there sites are a complete rip off. Especially at the price they charge and the content and quality you get for that price Sad

How can I put this fellas. You had better learn to put up with it. As this is as good as it gets. They are all at it. Taking the consumers money and giving poor quality in return. Even some of the models themselves are telling people they are a rip off.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pinderlust



Joined: 05 Oct 2009
Contributions: 431

My critique to Lucy's official sitePosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:52 pm    Subject: My critique to Lucy's official site Reply with quote


I agree with Minty; I think a lot of people are being negative and expecting something for nothing.

The new site costs about twice as much as the old site but seems to be proving WAY more than twice as good (more like 4 or 8 times as good). We actually have decent sized pictures this time (instead of the occasional thumbnail) and the videos are in 720p and of decent length. I signed up as a Christmas present and was amazed that there was an update on either Christmas Day or Boxing Day!!! That would NEVER have happened on the previous site Clap We'd still have been waiting till well into the New Year for poor old Steve to have got back from his holiday.

My two biggest (only complaints) are that watermarks are annoying and often intrusive and that there wasn't more than 1 new set on the site when it started. I'm sure they could have put 2 or 3 new sets on the site initially to go with the old ones (especially after the long wait). Once again, a patient customer will get a better deal than one who can't wait. As for the watermarks, they should be moved around the picture or better still, put in a bar at the top or bottom of the picture, separate from the image. I also agree with Grendel that it's very weird that there is a 40 second start-up sequence for each video!!

The price is the only major issue and people can always deal with this by cancelling and restarting according to their patience and wallet! Also the price doesn't seem too bad when compared to the price of a rail ticket for example Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Marty



Joined: 17 Nov 2011
Contributions: 562

My critique to Lucy's official sitePosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:15 pm    Subject: My critique to Lucy's official site Reply with quote


Poggy wrote:
Marty wrote:
I posted this on Kelly Hall's thread, but I'll ask it here as well seeing as it's relevant.

I was thinking of signing up to Kelly Hall's web site for a month or two but, having read about the lack of quality on Lucy's site, and specifically about the watermarking I am now in two minds. Her web site "logo" is quite large and I noticed on at least one photo she posted on Twitter that the logo does tend to obscure the picture content, in much the same way as the picture Grendel has posted from Lucy's web site.

Does anyone know if this is standard for Kelly's web site too?

I can understand premium content having a small logo at the bottom or side of the picture (like with the Only Tease pictures for example) but it shouldn't obscure the picture itself. What on earth is the point of paying for "premium" content when you can't appreciate it properly?


Marty how can I put this. They all do it now. It's not just Lucy's site. Kelly's, Melissa Debbling, Jodie Gasson, Lucy Collett even Lindsey Strutt's was doing it. They all put this big logo on it. Half the time in a very bad position ruining photos Thumb Down

Sorry to say this to all the models. But there sites are a complete rip off. Especially at the price they charge and the content and quality you get for that price Sad

How can I put this fellas. You had better learn to put up with it. As this is as good as it gets. They are all at it. Taking the consumers money and giving poor quality in return. Even some of the models themselves are telling people they are a rip off.


Thanks Poggy, I kind of had a feeling that was the case. Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
minty



Joined: 06 Apr 2010
Contributions: 79

My critique to Lucy's official sitePosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:52 pm    Subject: My critique to Lucy's official site Reply with quote


Just to but another positive on the pay site. What is Lucy upto now , over 9 years as a model? This kind of media wasn't really common even as recently as 3years ago, the likes of Michelle Marsh , Sophie Howard never had exclusive content sites, I now they never will.

If you look at Nuts over the years they have offered the only constant video content of Lucy. This content has never really reached 480p in quality and has very little variation in style, panning over body parts is just lazy and tiresome.

What this site now offers for me is hopefully plenty of content of my favourite model over the next couple of years before she retires , I also hope that the content is some what different to what Nuts have had to offer, so far this has defiantly been the case.

If you look at Kelly Hall , she got her self an exclusive site quite early in her career , not only does this offer her fans a regular update of content but in a short career this should offer her a decent financial reward rather like the old school pro footballers who had to make good whilst the sun shined.

In short , without this exclusive pay site, the content due to be released in the coming months would simply not happen any other way. I for one think 20 a month is an excellent price point, not much different then the price of watching football , music down loads, tv subscriptions or cinema tickets . really.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tungsten



Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Contributions: 254
Location: England

My critique to Lucy's official sitePosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:13 am    Subject: My critique to Lucy's official site Reply with quote


Poggy wrote:


Marty how can I put this. They all do it now. It's not just Lucy's site. Kelly's, Melissa Debbling, Jodie Gasson, Lucy Collett even Lindsey Strutt's was doing it. They all put this big logo on it. Half the time in a very bad position ruining photos Thumb Down

Sorry to say this to all the models. But there sites are a complete rip off. Especially at the price they charge and the content and quality you get for that price Sad

How can I put this fellas. You had better learn to put up with it. As this is as good as it gets. They are all at it. Taking the consumers money and giving poor quality in return. Even some of the models themselves are telling people they are a rip off.


Jodie's website isn't a rip off at all, no obtrusive watermarks (always in the bottom right hand corner), pictorial and video updates every week, plus it's cheaper than Lucy's and Stacey Poole's, and also has 3 months for the price of 2, 6 months for the price of 4 packages.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Poggy



Joined: 12 Feb 2009
Contributions: 579

My critique to Lucy's official sitePosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:06 am    Subject: My critique to Lucy's official site Reply with quote


Tungsten wrote:


Jodie's website isn't a rip off at all, no obtrusive watermarks (always in the bottom right hand corner), pictorial and video updates every week, plus it's cheaper than Lucy's and Stacey Poole's, and also has 3 months for the price of 2, 6 months for the price of 4 packages.


Think you need to speak to Jodie on that one then. As Jodie herself has said she isn't happy with the site and thinks the price is too much for what you get. Plus yes the logo is always in the bottom right corner. That where the problem comes in. As often it covers things up. As it wouldn't if the had moved it in some pictures. Lastly the logo is very much in the face and large.

The whole point with logos on models websites is the same. They are too much. If they did them like OT does. Then I think most people wouldn't be complaining. As they tend to be smaller and blend better with the picture. But still can be seen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tungsten



Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Contributions: 254
Location: England

My critique to Lucy's official sitePosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:43 pm    Subject: My critique to Lucy's official site Reply with quote


Poggy wrote:


Think you need to speak to Jodie on that one then. As Jodie herself has said she isn't happy with the site and thinks the price is too much for what you get. Plus yes the logo is always in the bottom right corner. That where the problem comes in. As often it covers things up. As it wouldn't if the had moved it in some pictures. Lastly the logo is very much in the face and large.


Really!? The watermark is never plastered over Jodie herself, maybe touching her foot at the very worst.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sexybeast



Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Contributions: 755

My critique to Lucy's official sitePosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:25 pm    Subject: My critique to Lucy's official site Reply with quote


Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
slp



Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Contributions: 85
Location: bolton

My critique to Lucy's official sitePosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 pm    Subject: My critique to Lucy's official site Reply with quote


Further to my earlier response tried several times tonite log in to official website oops not available i have since cancelled my subscription just wonder if anyone else experienced any problems thanks guys
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Grendel



Joined: 24 Mar 2009
Contributions: 286
Location: Spain

My critique to Lucy's official sitePosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:51 pm    Subject: My critique to Lucy's official site Reply with quote


Right now the site seems to be down. Maybe they've closed for repairs or something and forgot to upload a "We're working on something yada yada" picture...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Lucy Pinder News on Twitter Lucy Pinder TV on Facebook Lucy Pinder herself on Twitter


Powered by phpBB 2.0.23+repack-4 (Debian) © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
phpBB SEO