Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Millie Tant attacking Lucy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Millie Tant attacking LucyPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:26 pm    Subject: Millie Tant attacking Lucy Reply with quote

Chris wrote:
Pigeon wrote:
One of them wrote to Lucy once, attacking her - this person seems to have made it some sort of mission to attack Lucy (and Michelle) wherever possible. Lucy actually replied... and her reply was epic, she blew the idiot out of the water Big Grin Clap

Ohhh, is Lucy's reply available on the net anywhere?

Yes, I saved it... here it is.

The attack took the form of a letter sent to the Sun and copied to Lucy - despite the fact that Lucy doesn't appear in the Sun... I googled the writer, and it seems that this Susan Maria Gavaghan (aka Susan Maria Gavaghan-Taylor) has quite a history of singling out Lucy and Michelle as targets for her rants. In fact if you google susan maria gavaghan there are currently two results on the first page of her having a go at Lucy and Michelle.

As Lucy points out, all these extremists actually achieve is to discredit their own cause, and they would be far better advised to direct their energies at correcting genuine injustices and inequalities in the treatment of women than making irrational attacks on a fundamental, biologically-programmed aspect of human nature.

Susan Maria Gavaghan wrote:
Just thought Lucy Pinder might be interested in this letter I sent to the Sun recently.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I just read the article about the debate about "page 3" models.

It appeard to me that the men who exploit the female body by making money out of it didn't want to answer this debate themselves, so they put their own arguments in the mouths of the women who do this.

My friend was raped, held hostage and almost killed by a man whose walls were covered by these images.

I was terrorized out of a flat I was living in by yobs who shouted "prostitute" at me and "lesbians" at me and my sisters. I feel that if these women had suffered these experiences, they would have a very different view of what they do.

This image of the topless, submissive bimbo, who has no other purpose than being a sex object to please men causes sexism, abuse and rape. To deny this is like saying racist images don't cause racism. Drip, drip goes the tap.

To compare glamour models to works of art is ridiculous. A painting or work of art does not evoke the same feelings as a glamour model. The 2 are completely different things. If paintings were the same thing, then why aren't paintings on page 3 instead of these models?

The females in paintings and art are portrayed as human beings, real people. The grinning page 3 bimbo is not a real person. The body is always perfect (due to airbrushing photography), the woman has no character or personality or depth. She is just a body.

I would like to ask Martin Daubney or any other of the men who insist that there is nothing wrong with this if they would want their own wives, partners, mothers, sisters or daughters to do this.

In fact how many men would want this for their own daughters?

If Sally Brook thinks this is so great, then why isn't she doing this herself? Would she want this for her own daughter?

The women who defend this are always the current ones who are young and attractive and making a lot of money out of it. You never see any of the older models defending it. Once women like that are past their sell by date they are gone and forgotten. One of the most famous former page 3 models, Samantha Fox, isn't proud of her past and prefers people to think of her as a singer.

This image portrays a woman who is willingly degrading herself for money "asking for it" - the implication is that this is what women are really like.

It doesn't take very much intelligence to sit half naked and be photographed. What a sad existence for them to be valued for exposing their bodies not their abililities. After all, theiy arent going to stay young forever.

This does not represent the vast majority of women who contribute to the society we live in on an equal basis with their abilities, not exposing their bodies.

I would hate to think what those brave women the suffragettes, who were imprisoned and force fed to get women the righ to vote would think of this if they were alive today.

Please forward this to Zoe and Sally Brook and your editor.

For Human, Animal and Earth Liberation,

Susan Maria Gavaghan

Lucy wrote:
Dear Susan,

In reply to the letter you sent I must express how ignorant and judgmental it comes across. To aim responsibility for rapes and horrendous crimes against women at glamour models / attractive women in the media is utterly ridiculous. Frankly it is narrow minded views such as this that perpetuate the idea that women in general are at fault for the actions of sick, deviant crimes against women.

These views reinforce the twisted notion that if a woman displays her body she is 'asking for it' and therefore deserves to be abused. Men who commit these crimes are not normal, normal men do not see an image of a naked woman and feel compelled to go and violate a woman, they are dangerous criminals with a perverse sexual preference to hurt, degrade and control.

The whole point of feminism and the suffragettes was to fight for women's right to choose how they live their lives without being judged and yet it is usually women, as you have demonstrated yourself, who are the first to criticize their fellow sex.

And you imply that women can't have their own opinion by suggesting that "the men who exploit the female body by making money out of it didn't want to answer this debate themselves, so they put their own arguments in the mouths of the women who do this." as if we are unable to make judgments and express them ourselves. This is both patronizing and frankly offensive

Heterosexual men and women are sexually attracted to each other in order to procreate, and some men will always enjoy looking at attractive women, this is not a crime. My choice to work in this industry is just that, my choice, and I don't feel for a second that I am 'letting the side down'. I personally don't think a woman's body and sexuality is something to be ashamed of.

I respect that you are against my vocation and you are more than entitled to argue your point with whomever wishes to listen, but please do not insult mine and others intelligence by unnecessarily using something as serious and emotive as violent crimes against women in your argument, this is a cheap and misdirected shot.

I would advise that your time and efforts would be better spent writing to parliament about the real issues affecting women, such as the low sentence that many criminals get for crimes against women, rather than sending poisonous emails to young professional intelligent women. I respect that you are entitled to your opinion but have to disagree massively with your view.

I am an intelligent, happy, wealthy, tax paying British citizen who happens to be a page 3 model, I think you would agree with me, if only on this point, that there are far worse people and problems in this country and as an obviously passionate and committed woman your time and efforts would be much better spent on those issues.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read my response, I do not wish to receive any further response from you, I have neither the time nor inclination to enter into any lengthy debate or any further correspondence with you, I simply felt it only polite that I should acknowledge and respond to your mail, as you sought me out.

Yours,

Lucy Pinder
sexybeast

Contributions: 755

Millie Tant attacking LucyPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:52 pm    Subject: Millie Tant attacking Lucy Reply with quote

Awesome Smile ...Lucy's response is so to the point, thoughtful n intelligent and yet without the slightest hint of malice against the person trying to run her down for no fault of hers...however this particular lady's grievances once again bring forth the hardships and abuse that women have to face in their daily lives on account of some depraved idiots who fancy calling themselves MEN...i say more POWER TO WOMEN...especially to the likes of LUCY PINDER
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

Millie Tant attacking LucyPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:01 pm    Subject: Millie Tant attacking Lucy Reply with quote

Nicely worded Lucy, she told her! Lucy for PM Thumb Up!
Chris

Contributions: 726

Millie Tant attacking LucyPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:15 pm    Subject: Millie Tant attacking Lucy Reply with quote

I love it, Lucy's response is absolutely perfect.

On par with most extremists, Susan Maria Gavaghan likes to generalize to make her points and this is never an intelligent thing to do. One bad apple spoils the batch.
SledgeHammer

Contributions: 714

Millie Tant attacking LucyPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:53 pm    Subject: Millie Tant attacking Lucy Reply with quote

Well, fair play to Lucy, doing the mature thing of reply. AND doing so in an intellectual and respectful manner.
(She got owned)
--disabled--

Contributions: 263

Millie Tant attacking LucyPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:09 am    Subject: Millie Tant attacking Lucy Reply with quote

When did this take place?
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Millie Tant attacking LucyPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:27 am    Subject: Millie Tant attacking Lucy Reply with quote

June 2008 according to the date I have on the saved file.
tford

Contributions: 364

Millie Tant attacking LucyPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:33 pm    Subject: Millie Tant attacking Lucy Reply with quote

Wow Lucy PWNED that bitch.
fan101

Contributions: 390

Millie Tant attacking LucyPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:06 am    Subject: Millie Tant attacking Lucy Reply with quote

bitch slap
pogo

Contributions: 361

Millie Tant attacking LucyPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:24 pm    Subject: Re: Millie Tant attacking Lucy Reply with quote

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: