Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Marines and Afghans holding Lucy's points!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Marines and Afghans holding Lucy's points!Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:22 pm    Subject: Marines and Afghans holding Lucy's points! Reply with quote

This rather heartening article in the Sun (sorry) about the rebuilding of a school in Afghanistan - http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/3817385/If-we-rebuild-school-in-Now-Zad-and-give-children-a-future-we-can-do-it-anywhere-and-theres-hope-for-Afghanistan.html - also includes the following interesting snippet:

article wrote:
Behind the ANP Hill outpost are two other Brit-established hilltop positions named Lucy Pinder South and Lucy Pinder North, after the Hampshire-born glamour model.

Proudly pointing them out on the US army issue map, Cpt Perry said: "We now have marines and Afghans holding these points.

...of course there is a fair tradition among the French of naming pairs of hills "Les Tetons"... but the French aren't lucky enough to count Lucy Pinder among their fellow nationals!
linkweed

Contributions: 1133

Marines and Afghans holding Lucy's points!Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:43 pm    Subject: Marines and Afghans holding Lucy's points! Reply with quote

wow, thats very cool. lucy must be extremely flattered.Thumb Up!

and in all honesty quickly reading the title i expected completely different pictures Hehe , still good nonetheless.
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

Marines and Afghans holding Lucy's points!Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:12 pm    Subject: Marines and Afghans holding Lucy's points! Reply with quote

Haha! Hehe I couldn't think of a better name for anywhere Thumb Up! I'm sure Lucy will chuckle when she finds out Hehe
snowflake

Contributions: 663

Marines and Afghans holding Lucy's points!Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:21 pm    Subject: Re: Marines and Afghans holding Lucy's points! Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
...of course there is a fair tradition among the French of naming pairs of hills "Les Tetons"... but the French aren't lucky enough to count Lucy Pinder among their fellow nationals!

French reaction Big Smile : Ha! Nations & flags: see where it goes: WAR. It would have been better if they let LP'name out of this war. I wouldn't be pround to have my boobs in the middle of a country where hundreds of innocents are KILLED by terrorism and "hitches", when we can really call it like this. Ok it could be funny for guys who are here, but from there to write it in a paper!... Hey can you realize? Now talibans know that Lucy is a strong symbol of western immodesty in the middle of their own earth! And so it could take them the idea to commit an attempt against her Yikes! or ... Nuts magazine! Hehe
TÚtons, nibards, roberts, jumeaux, nÚnÚs, nichons, rotoplots, lolos, mamelles, seins, poitrine, gorge, obus, melons (de Cavaillon), les monts de Venus... Yes, I confirm it's a tradition. Near my home, it exists a landscape where by beyond lakes, we feel obligee to see in the serie of moutains, the body of a nude slept women with the breast pointed toward the sky! ROFL

"The beauty is in the eyes of the one who looks" Oscar Wilde
The notion of nationality loose all point of interest in this.
Bow Tie
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Marines and Afghans holding Lucy's points!Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:52 pm    Subject: Re: Marines and Afghans holding Lucy's points! Reply with quote

snowflake wrote:
French reaction Big Smile : Ha! Nations & flags: see where it goes: WAR. It would have been better if they let LP'name out of this war. I wouldn't be pround to have my boobs in the middle of a country where hundreds of innocents are KILLED by terrorism and "hitches", when we can really call it like this. Ok it could be funny for guys who are here, but from there to write it in a paper!... Hey can you realize? Now talibans know that Lucy is a strong symbol of western immodesty in the middle of their own earth! And so it could take them the idea to commit an attempt against her Yikes!

You know what? I completely agree with all of that. I think we should never have gone into either Afghanistan or Iraq; I think we should get out of both of them as soon as possible - though of course that is now more difficult because we've made such a mess; I certainly wouldn't want my name associated with anything like that; and I was worried about the Taliban making an attempt against the "symbol of western immodesty" when Lucy was there.

However, Lucy has a different view of it - otherwise she wouldn't have gone - and I think it will raise a smile from her Smile

(BTW I don't see any contradiction between my holding those views and my support of Help for Heroes - they are after all a charity which "cares for the wounded without debating the rights and wrongs of war" and I'm all in favour of that Smile)
snowflake

Contributions: 663

Marines and Afghans holding Lucy's points!Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:31 pm    Subject: Re: Marines and Afghans holding Lucy's points! Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:

(BTW I don't see any contradiction between my holding those views and my support of Help for Heroes - they are after all a charity which "cares for the wounded without debating the rights and wrongs of war" and I'm all in favour of that Smile)

there could be any contradictons... but anyway i won't judge it. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: