Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Malene Espensen 2010 Calendar
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Other models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Malene Espensen 2010 CalendarPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:40 pm    Subject: Malene Espensen 2010 Calendar Reply with quote

Check out this thread on Malene's forum.

Malene hasn't been able to do an "official" calendar this year Mad

So what is she doing... she is taking matters into her own hands. She's done it herself off her own bat Clap Clap she's made the calendar herself and is going to sell it on her website. She may even make a DVD to go with it.

This is an absolutely superb thing for her to do Thumb Up! and she most definitely deserves it to succeed. So it would be great to pop over to Malene's forum and let her know of your support and interest Smile
Dib

Contributions: 276

Malene Espensen 2010 CalendarPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:08 pm    Subject: Malene Espensen 2010 Calendar Reply with quote

Well, I'm not allowed to post in her forum because I'm not registered =P, but please extend my support and tell her I'm up to it.
The idea of a DVD is absolutely great and I can`t wait.

However, in the case she makes it, I will need your help to get it signed Pigeon. Cloud 9

Edit: It's refreshing to see Malene posts often in her page. I'd wish Lucy do the same.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Malene Espensen 2010 CalendarPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:48 pm    Subject: Malene Espensen 2010 Calendar Reply with quote

I have passed your message on Smile

No problem about the signing: entirely happy to help you out Thumb Up!

Dib wrote:
It's refreshing to see Malene posts often in her page. I'd wish Lucy do the same.

Ah well there are a lot of things here Smile you must have seen my posts in defence of Lucy not posting, on the grounds that if it was a forum about me I don't think I'd post very much either Smile

Thing is about that forum it may be "official" but it isn't really Lucy's forum. It's a forum about Lucy. It's better than if it was one of the ones Marcus refers to as run by "faceless cabals", but not by much. There's no "Lucyness" to it - it "doesn't feel like Lucy", it feels - I dunno, "manufactured"? "artificial"? Or like when you get to the front row at a concert and there's a big ugly heavy-duty metal fence between you and the band, with patrolling gorillas who spend their time glaring at the audience and obviously aren't interested in the music. Something like that anyway. It feels "outside-world" much more than "Lucy's world", and I don't blame her for not having much to do with it.

That "guests of Lucy" business is a joke, it may be technically true in the same way that foreign visitors to the UK are technically guests of the Queen, but it has just as little to do with what the place is like as a place to be.

Malene's forum is hers, far more so than it's possible for Lucy's to be, and there is a valid and real "guests of Malene" thing with it. Thumb Up!

Malene is much more of an "internet-aware person" than Lucy is - she not only posts on the forum, she admins it too. Also it's a smaller forum and most of the posters on it seem to both appreciate her efforts in providing it and appreciate Malene herself as a person more than most people on Lucy's forum appreciate Lucy as a person.

I'm thinking on my feet here but I think that's it, really - on Malene's forum people are encouraged to like Malene, and to think and be individuals. On Lucy's forum they are encouraged to like the pictures rather than Lucy herself, and to abandon independent thought; those with individuality and a genuine liking for Lucy herself rather than some party-line construct of her are a disadvantaged minority.

There's also the point that Malene is Scandinavian Smile and that she is living in a foreign country and has been for many years. That makes a difference too. If Roland reads this he'll know what I mean Wink

And another point is of course that Lucy doesn't actually want the "fame" thing. She just wants the money and the enjoyment of the job, and hats off to her for managing to actually make it work like that Clap best reason for doing it and the best way to do it, if you ask me Smile

I think there's a lot of similar feeling behind your comment about Malene posting often and my appreciation of her idea of making the calendar herself Smile
Dib

Malene Espensen 2010 CalendarPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:29 pm    Subject: Malene Espensen 2010 Calendar Reply with quote

Actually (I always get confused with the words endend with "ly", I can't always know for sure if it ends with just one L or two, please if you have a gramatical rule or something, I apreciate you can teach it to me) I got your point.
However the presence of Lucy in the forum could be a little bit more marked. You know, congratulate some of her fans in their birthdays or post some pics never seen before (the ones the magazines never uses in the paper edition). Or just say "hi" once in a while.

If Lucy posted as often as Malene, I'm sure people will start to like Lucy not just for her gorgeous photos, but for the clever comments she may post and for Lucy herself.

I'm not complaining, I just think this migth be a "kaizen" thing or something.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Malene Espensen 2010 CalendarPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:29 pm    Subject: Malene Espensen 2010 Calendar Reply with quote

Dib wrote:
Actually (I always get confused with the words endend with "ly", I can't always know for sure if it ends with just one L or two, please if you have a gramatical rule or something, I apreciate you can teach it to me)

Hmm... English isn't very good for rules, there's a lot of stuff you just have to know... like how to pronounce words ending in "ough". Here's my attempt:

- if the base word ends in L there are two Ls. Actual -> actually.
- if the base word ends in a sound which merges neatly into "ly" there is one L. Nice -> nicely.
- if you need a filler syllable to make it sound neat there are two Ls. Robotic -> robotically.
- but not always. Weedy -> weedily. See what I mean about rules in English?

Dib wrote:
...I got your point.
However the presence of Lucy in the forum could be a little bit more marked. You know, congratulate some of her fans in their birthdays or post some pics never seen before (the ones the magazines never uses in the paper edition). Or just say "hi" once in a while.

Well Jen does the pics thing sometimes. It's really hard though. 99% of the "unseen" pics can't be posted in that way because of copyright stuff... this evil convention of assigning copyright to the photographer instead of to the model, that means Lucy is deprived of control over her own pictures Mad it really is high time the law was changed on that point.

Lucy popping in to post trivia doesn't kind of "fit", though... she only ever posts if it's important... like going topless for the first time or posting an obit for Michael Jackson. Come to that Malene seems to mostly limit herself to important stuff too, a lot of her posts are the sort of stuff Jen posts on Lucy's forum... since she does it all herself she uses a broader definition of "important" Smile

Dib wrote:
If Lucy posted as often as Malene, I'm sure people will start to like Lucy not just for her gorgeous photos, but for the clever comments she may post and for Lucy herself.

Ah, that isn't quite what I meant. I have no doubt that a whole lot of people do like Lucy for herself - she is a lovely person and this is sufficiently apparent even in what little there is "available" outside the photos that plenty of people appreciate her as much or more for what she is as for what she looks like.

But I also have a deep sense that there is an element of the way that forum is run which is designed to put off people who think like that and favour those who concentrate on her purely physical aspects... one way it shows is in which questions get answered; "caring about the pics" ones quite often do, "caring about Lucy" ones do not, at all, except in the case when she is physically ill.

I could name several members who have posted things concerned with Lucy as a person or with her career prospects and all have had a disapproving reception. Looking at the pics is fine but you're not allowed to care about the person in them... it may not be an explicit policy but it nevertheless shows in all sorts of ways.

There's also the matter of which of Lucy's PAs are publicised and which are not. Those which are announced "officially" are those where Jen or someone else will also be there to act as thought police, such as the Loaded signing or truckwest. The PAs where the only people there are other models and the security staff and other personnel associated with the event are not announced unless some ordinary member happens to find a news item and posts it.

It's daft, Lucy is a grown woman and she can look after herself, she wouldn't do these PAs if she wasn't happy with doing it. And there are always security guards. But security guards cannot act as thought police, so these events are not publicised.

Dib wrote:
I'm not complaining, I just think this migth be a "kaizen" thing or something.

Sorry, I'm afraid you've lost me there...
Dib

Malene Espensen 2010 CalendarPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:35 pm    Subject: Malene Espensen 2010 Calendar Reply with quote

Kaizen is used in quality control aspects to refer the "continum improvement". It comes from the Japanese wich means "improvement".
Pigeon
Site Admin

Malene Espensen 2010 CalendarPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:47 pm    Subject: Malene Espensen 2010 Calendar Reply with quote

Yeah, I looked it up... but I still only half get your meaning, I think, probably because it's not a concept I'm familiar with so I don't get the full implications. Either that or I'm just being thick Smile
Pigeon
Site Admin

Malene Espensen 2010 CalendarPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:47 pm    Subject: Malene Espensen 2010 Calendar Reply with quote

...Well this off-topic thread has gone even more off-topic, hasn't it Smile so... back to Malene's calendar Smile

Malene has just posted on her forum that she reckons it's going to happen now!

Malene wrote:
Hi everyone.....looks like it's going to happen. Thanks for all your messages...

I am just organising eveything but should be available very soon...hang in there Big Grin

...which is good news I think we all agree Thumb Up!
Dib

Malene Espensen 2010 CalendarPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:09 pm    Subject: Malene Espensen 2010 Calendar Reply with quote

Your right we all agree.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Malene Espensen 2010 CalendarPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:29 pm    Subject: Malene Espensen 2010 Calendar Reply with quote

Great news - Malene's calendar package is out Thumb Up!

Malene on her website wrote:
"Limited Edition Official 2010 Calendar + Exclusive DVD/Photo package”.

WHAT DO YOU GET?

- Signed Official 2010 calendar
- 2 DVD's containing 14 videos of behind-the-scenes footage
- 1 CD of an exclusive picture set
- Personalised signed A4 photo
- 3 x Postcards

Never seen before footage. Click below picture for Teaser Trailer.

Malene has put us together a really excellent package! And all off her own bat too.

You can order a copy off Malene's website now - scroll down to the bottom below the video pic and use the paypal button.

Good one Malene Thumb Up!
Dib

Malene Espensen 2010 CalendarPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:53 pm    Subject: Malene Espensen 2010 Calendar Reply with quote

Wow.
It's really amazing.

I will buy it for sure.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Malene Espensen 2010 CalendarPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:27 am    Subject: Malene Espensen 2010 Calendar Reply with quote

And in further proof of the excellence of what Malene has done there is a great big feature in the Sport today showing us what to expect. And what to expect is superb Thumb Up! if anyone was in any doubt this should put it to rest once and for all Big Grin

Here are the pics from the paper... now go to Malene's site and put your order in Big Grin

(yes, this is a repeat of the one that was in the Star last weekend)
Dib

Malene Espensen 2010 CalendarPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:42 pm    Subject: Malene Espensen 2010 Calendar Reply with quote

For the pics you just posted, I must say Malene's Calendar looks more awesome than Lucy's.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Malene Espensen 2010 CalendarPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:14 pm    Subject: Malene Espensen 2010 Calendar Reply with quote

Y'know I have a principle... Always do things yourself if it's even remotely possible, even if you have to learn new skills to do it, because if you get other people involved (a) it costs more money and (b) they always, always mess it up trying to do it their way instead of yours... doing it all yourself costs less and works better. I think Malene has admirably demonstrated the truth of this Smile
Samaralangit

Contributions: 35

Malene Espensen 2010 CalendarPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:44 am    Subject: Malene Espensen 2010 Calendar Reply with quote

Malene's Calendar looks more awesome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Other models All times are GMT
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: