Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Lucy TV videos now hosted on this site
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6556

Lucy TV videos now hosted on this sitePosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:47 am    Subject: Lucy TV videos now hosted on this site Reply with quote

I am now beginning to host videos of Lucy's TV performances on this site.

The first ones to go up are Lucy's four War of the Worlds readings on Book at Bedtime:
Lucy Pinder's Book at Bedtime - The War of the Worlds - Part 1
Lucy Pinder's Book at Bedtime - The War of the Worlds - Part 2
Lucy Pinder's Book at Bedtime - The War of the Worlds - Part 3
Lucy Pinder's Book at Bedtime - The War of the Worlds - Part 4

The player page is a bit spartan and basic, but it works, or it should do, using your browser's native plugin capability. At the moment I am mainly concerned with establishing functionality.

Please try the videos out, and it would be much appreciated if you could post any comments you have in this thread. If something doesn't work, please say exactly what, and what system / browser / video player plugin you have.

Last edited by Pigeon on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Grendel

Contributions: 267

Lucy TV videos now hosted on this sitePosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:33 am    Subject: Lucy TV videos now hosted on this site Reply with quote

Doesn't work for me.

I have Firefox 3.0.8 with Microsoft Windows Media Player Plugin, Shockwave Flash, Silverlight plugin, TVU Web player for Firefox and Windows Presentation Foundation plugin.

Not only I don't see the videos, the player pages seem to have no style-sheet on my end.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy TV videos now hosted on this sitePosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:01 pm    Subject: Lucy TV videos now hosted on this site Reply with quote

...and the Windows Media Player plugin won't handle it? Oh dear. You have a combination that I had expected would work. I shall check that out later this evening.

Lack of style sheet is because I haven't written one yet Smile same reason there are only four videos up at the moment... first thing is to make sure everyone can play them, once that's done I can put the rest up and sort out the presentation.
Grendel

Lucy TV videos now hosted on this sitePosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:04 pm    Subject: Lucy TV videos now hosted on this site Reply with quote

I'll try something more helpful, I wrote my last post this morning before going to work in a hurry.

When I click on any of the vid links, I get a white-background page with this text: "Sorry, you appear to have plugins disabled or not installed. Try downloading the video directly. "

The plugins and browser combination is what I've said earlier; and investigating a little further I've seen that I don't have the Flashblock extension installed on my home browser (only at work), so that's not at fault. I do have the AdBlock extension installed, but I've disabled it to no result.

Hope I can be of further help.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy TV videos now hosted on this sitePosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:37 am    Subject: Lucy TV videos now hosted on this site Reply with quote

Thanks. The message means that Firefox doesn't know how to render the embedded object with the resources it has available, so it falls back to displaying that text... Only I have just discovered, by experiment, that sometimes it "forgets" how to render it when it ought to have no problem. Mine doesn't do it on those pages but I managed to write a page where it did. Yours seems to be doing the same thing with different trigger conditions.

I am currently testing a flash player method, it works in Linux but I need to blag the use of a Windoze system to test it under IE... will try that this evening.
Grendel

Lucy TV videos now hosted on this sitePosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:58 pm    Subject: Lucy TV videos now hosted on this site Reply with quote

Being a Windows addict and defender Smile I can't test it under Windows and IE, if you don't want to run a VM or something...
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy TV videos now hosted on this sitePosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:47 am    Subject: Lucy TV videos now hosted on this site Reply with quote

I take it you mean you can? Smile Thanks, again...

I have now converted them all to .flv and used a flash player to display them... so it ought to be a case of "if youtube works, these will"... I have tested them in IE/FF/Opera in Windoze and FF/Opera in Linux, and it works in all of those, so I hope we're there now...
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy TV videos now hosted on this sitePosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:38 pm    Subject: Lucy TV videos now hosted on this site Reply with quote

...OK. All of Lucy's Book at Bedtime videos are now hosted on this site. All in flv format; flash required to view, sorry about that, but it seems the most effective way to maximise interoperability...

Videos index

Work is In Progress on converting/uploading the rest of Lucy's repertoire and improving the format of the pages. Share and enjoy Smile
kilbs

Contributions: 214

Lucy TV videos now hosted on this sitePosted: Sat May 16, 2009 5:34 pm    Subject: Lucy TV videos now hosted on this site Reply with quote

When are the nuts tv ones going up?
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy TV videos now hosted on this sitePosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:03 pm    Subject: Lucy TV videos now hosted on this site Reply with quote

The presenting ones? As soon as I get some time to do it in... I need to find a new house so that's taking a fair bit of my time at the moment.
pogo

Contributions: 361

Lucy TV videos now hosted on this sitePosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:10 pm    Subject: vids Reply with quote

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy TV videos now hosted on this sitePosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:17 pm    Subject: Lucy TV videos now hosted on this site Reply with quote

Ah... I'm glad you posted that, you might be able to help me sort out a problem.

I've looked in the server logs and the server thinks you were trying to download/watch the same video several times at once. It blocks things like that because there are too many idiots who do that sort of thing deliberately just to waste bandwidth... That's why it says "YOU CAN ONLY WATCH/DOWNLOAD ONE VIDEO AT A TIME. You MUST close all viewing sessions and complete all downloads before trying to watch/download another video. If you do NOT do this IT WILL NOT WORK." on the videos index page.

Unfortunately there are sometimes genuine users such as yourself who somehow get caught out by it even though they are not trying to do anything silly. I'm not sure why because I haven't been able to make it do that to me - when I test it it always works as it's supposed to, only blocking silliness but allowing genuine viewing/downloading.

I've been waiting for someone who's been having such problems to post about it so I can try and get a handle on what goes wrong... so I'm glad you have posted Smile

So... Make sure that you really are only trying to watch or download one at a time, and that you haven't somehow got another download or another viewing session going on in the background. If you are still having problems, please post as much detail as possible of exactly what you were doing when it went wrong, and I'll see what I can do about it.
pogo

Lucy TV videos now hosted on this sitePosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:59 am    Subject: Lucy TV videos now hosted on this site Reply with quote

Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy TV videos now hosted on this sitePosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:53 pm    Subject: Lucy TV videos now hosted on this site Reply with quote

Something of an oddity here because the system log is telling me that you only tried to download one video (boxing shoot) and didn't try streaming it at all. At about quarter to six yesterday evening.

Your IP is a 3G mobile broadband one... it could be the 3G network doesn't like large downloads. Do you have a fixed connection you could try it from?

Also things like Download Helper can result in multiple connections being opened, so it may be worth your while disabling or uninstalling any such plugins, restarting Firefox and trying again.

Another thing to try might be to install Opera and use that to view/download... although it's a bit of a last resort option.

Any use...?
pogo

Lucy TV videos now hosted on this sitePosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:32 pm    Subject: Lucy TV videos now hosted on this site Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: