Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Lucy's Official New Forum
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

Lucy's Official New ForumPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:46 pm    Subject: Lucy's Official New Forum Reply with quote

A new forum has been created now. Perhaps things will be different?
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

Lucy's Official New ForumPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:36 am    Subject: Lucy's Official New Forum Reply with quote

Not a chance. The mickey mouse package has been replaced with another WowBB installation (the same package that was in use before) - which is a job that takes five minutes, not five flipping weeks; nor is there the slightest rational justification for running it on port 8000, that is just insanely stupid - but the problems with that forum are down to the way it is run, and changing the software won't affect that.
RockyMoney

Lucy's Official New ForumPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:31 pm    Subject: Lucy's Official New Forum Reply with quote

Ive just been sifting through the new forum after having to re-register for the 3rd time and I have to say its a ghost town...
The new design seems a bit tacky to be honest, cant they just have the same layout as this forum? Thumb Up!
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy's Official New ForumPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:55 pm    Subject: Lucy's Official New Forum Reply with quote

It's WowBB, so it's the same basic layout as it was before - it's just using the default WowBB skin instead of the custom one it used to have.

As far as the layout of this forum goes, I set this up sort of as a semi-imitation but with improvements Hehe
snowflake

Contributions: 663

Lucy's Official New ForumPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:33 pm    Subject: Lucy's Official New Forum Reply with quote

"A ghost town", yeah, exactly! Tumbleweed
paulb makes a great work and Jen seems more motivated than never. I won't wish bad things of course, on the contrary! But i go and wait if there's really something new over there...
5 minutes for changing the design of the forum! Big Smile I will go on to think that it was deliberate...
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy's Official New ForumPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:56 pm    Subject: Lucy's Official New Forum Reply with quote

snowflake wrote:
5 minutes for changing the design of the forum! Big Smile

I meant 5 minutes is all it takes to install a whole new forum. It goes like this: upload the forum package to the server, unzip it, enter a database name, user and password into the forum config, create a database with that name accessible using that user and password, log into the forum's admin panel, check/set a few settings, and activate the forum.

The amount of typing involved is a fair bit less than the amount of typing involved in writing this post... it's a completely trivial job, and there is no reason whatsoever for it to take nearly two months unless it's being done by someone with a quite staggering level of incompetence.

I am beyond furious at how badly these vermin have screwed Lucy over, and the totally unreasonable and inexcusable delay in setting up a decent forum package just makes it worse.

Nor do I see the slightest reason for not publically highlighting their incompetence... on the contrary, I think it is important that it should be highlighted - both in the admittedly faint hope of shaming them into showing some remorse and contrition for doing such a bloody awful job and paying Lucy compensation for it, and to serve as a warning to any other models who may happen to read this against having anything to do with such an incompetent and unprofessional outfit.
snowflake

Lucy's Official New ForumPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:07 pm    Subject: Lucy's Official New Forum Reply with quote

It's a new forum now and it misses something in it... --> the first post of LP. Roll Eyes
RockyMoney

Lucy's Official New ForumPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:36 pm    Subject: Lucy's Official New Forum Reply with quote

There is a user name on the official site named lucyp so that could be her but shes hasnt made a post yet. Perhaps suggesting to Jen or something? I wouldn't bank on her posting but its worth asking yourself- If she did post a comment would it make a world of difference? I think the short answer is no but I very much do welcome her to post even a morsel of a comment on her own new forum.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy's Official New ForumPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:42 pm    Subject: Lucy's Official New Forum Reply with quote

If you want comments from Lucy the best place to go is most definitely http://twitter.com/LPinderOfficial Yes Big Smile

...Actually no. The best place to go is Croydon Big Grin
snowflake

Lucy's Official New ForumPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:19 am    Subject: Lucy's Official New Forum Reply with quote

It's not for what is written, but the symbolism of the action.
Poggy

Contributions: 579

Lucy's Official New ForumPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:43 am    Subject: Lucy's Official New Forum Reply with quote

A post on what Lucy actually thinks of the new forum would be a way to go I think. Can't see it happening though Sad
snowflake

Lucy's Official New ForumPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:35 pm    Subject: Lucy's Official New Forum Reply with quote

This evening, i can't connect to the official website. Is it for everybody, or is it only me who is bannished? Wry
s**t! Low battery! good night!
sexybeast

Contributions: 755

Lucy's Official New ForumPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:20 pm    Subject: Lucy's Official New Forum Reply with quote

Is there still an official website Spinning Eyes ..seriously i thought it was dead and gone long ago Scratch Chin
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy's Official New ForumPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:51 am    Subject: Lucy's Official New Forum Reply with quote

snowflake wrote:
This evening, i can't connect to the official website. Is it for everybody, or is it only me who is bannished? Wry
s**t! Low battery! good night!

Both the website itself and the forum are working for me, either it was a temporary problem or it's at your end... Smile

sexybeast wrote:
Is there still an official website Spinning Eyes ..seriously i thought it was dead and gone long ago Scratch Chin

It might as well be for all the good it does to man, beast or Lucy Smile the only thing it does that's of any value is to link to Lucy's mobile site Smile and it also does the negative thing of listing BB at the top of Lucy's TV appearances, which is frankly idiotic, while omitting Lucy's star performance in The Real Hustle altogether and hiding her other main star work - Nuts TV - down the bottom of the list.

As for the official forum, it's a jolly good thing it's only visible to registered users, what with its fixation with responding to any "controversial" matter in a way that makes Lucy look ignorant, stupid and unable to manage her own affairs properly.

There's a thread on it right now in which the wrong choice has been made between its two usual options of "rudely ignore the question" and "answer the question in a way which generates bad publicity for Lucy", and I'm very glad that that thread is not exposed to the general public.

And it keeps trying to convince everyone that "Lucy wants it like that". Pull the other one, it's got bells on. Lucy wants a site which publicises an unmitigated disaster, fails to publicise some of her best work, makes her look too stupid to see what's in front of her face or do anything to fix it, and on which everyone trembles under the Stalinist whip and is afraid to think for themselves? B*****ks does she. She just doesn't have enough control to stop it being like that, whatever its own propaganda may say.

Without wishing to sound too much like I'm blowing my own trumpet, the best thing Lucy could do with that site is to hand over its management and PR to me. Then it would emphasise her talent and intelligence instead of concealing them, and treat the forum users like freethinking adults instead of like Russian peasants in the 30s.

And should it come to pass - which heaven forbid - that Lucy again gets manipulated into doing something as wholly negative and damaging as BB, then I most certainly would not ignore her wishes stated before an audience of millions to get out of it and instead try and promote a diametrically-opposed outcome under an utterly preposterous pretence of not knowing what she wanted - which is what the site which so falsely claims to be the only trustworthy guardian of her interests did.
snowflake

Lucy's Official New ForumPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:18 pm    Subject: Lucy's Official New Forum Reply with quote

Everything is Ok now, i don't understand. Thank you to check it Pigeon.
I like your ability to synthesize about the official forum. I can say i'm agree with the big most part of the words and ideas you employ. Thumb Up! BUT now i can feel the doubt that this sort of situation expresses unfortunatly, but really, a part of herself, by a way or an other...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: