Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Lucy Pinder, Xango, Dublin, Easter Sunday 8th April 2012
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linkweed

Contributions: 1132

Lucy Pinder, Xango, Dublin, Easter Sunday 8th April 2012Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:18 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder, Xango, Dublin, Easter Sunday 8th April 2012 Reply with quote

RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

Lucy Pinder, Xango, Dublin, Easter Sunday 8th April 2012Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:44 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder, Xango, Dublin, Easter Sunday 8th April 2012 Reply with quote

Thumb Up!
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

Lucy Pinder, Xango, Dublin, Easter Sunday 8th April 2012Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:38 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder, Xango, Dublin, Easter Sunday 8th April 2012 Reply with quote

Poggy wrote:
Love to know what's in their drinks. Just look what it's done to their eyes Hehe

That sort of thing is becoming an increasing problem of late. I must ask - since I neither have nor want one - does an iphone (or possibly some other device of a like kind) have some built-in red-eye-removal function which is crap and doesn't work properly?

Red-eye is more or less a combination of excessive luma (too bright) and inappropriate chroma (red). Most of the time, 90% of removing it is little more than turning the luma down and removing the chroma altogether. There is still a natural gradation of values in the luma, and reducing them to a natural level as well restores a natural-looking eye sparkle.

But I'm seeing an unpleasantly large number of mobile phone pics where it seems that there has already been an attempt at red-eye removal which by its half-assedness makes matters worse. The entire pupil is a bright yellowish colour, like a cat in headlights, and there is no gradation of luma values at all - the whole pupil area is of uniform, excessive brightness.

This is making me wonder if the latest iphone, or some other fairly-recently-introduced popular phone, has a built-in red-eye-removal function which is doing the wrong thing - it correctly detects the location of the red pupils, but instead of desaturating them and turning the luma down, it just puts a big yellow cat-eye blob over the whole pupil.

Something is doing that to a whole lot of pics, anyway, whatever it is Smile

And the problem is that it makes it much harder to do a proper job. The trick of turning the luma back down to natural levels to restore a natural-looking eye sparkle doesn't work because the gradations of luma values have been removed, so all it does is turn the entire pupil a uniform grey. The only information which is recoverable from such a pic is pure geometry - the diameter of the pupil and the location of its centre. The shading information has been wiped out - there is nothing there to recover - so the eye sparkle has to be entirely synthetic. Which is a particular problem because I haven't managed to work out a good enough procedure to synthesise it yet.
RockyMoney

Lucy Pinder, Xango, Dublin, Easter Sunday 8th April 2012Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:51 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder, Xango, Dublin, Easter Sunday 8th April 2012 Reply with quote

Nice pic Thumb Up!

And to answer your question about the red eye with the iPhone:

The iPhone has the ability to fully remove red eye from a picture BUT you have to edit the pic yourself. For example, the pic Lucy posted on Twitter last night mentioning 'Demon Eyes' was probably just posted without trying to remove it because she was having a good time and didnt want to bother herself with going through the process of removing it Smile
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder, Xango, Dublin, Easter Sunday 8th April 2012Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:35 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder, Xango, Dublin, Easter Sunday 8th April 2012 Reply with quote

I see... cheers Thumb Up!

(It's not just Lucy's pics BTW, it's lots and lots of them Smile)

So it doesn't do anything automatically then even if you don't try and do it yourself? The blanked-out yellow eyes effect is just another manifestation of its camera being generally rubbish, as seen by the way it converts highlights on foreheads and cheekbones to huge washed-out glaring white patches with yellow edges?
RockyMoney

Lucy Pinder, Xango, Dublin, Easter Sunday 8th April 2012Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:49 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder, Xango, Dublin, Easter Sunday 8th April 2012 Reply with quote

Before I continue, I'm no expert on the iPhones camera system Hehe

I do have to agree with you though, the camera can produce very nice pictures in daylight, here are a couple of pictures taken by me using the iPhones HD camera of a McLaren MP4-12C in London last week (Through a massive pane of glass)

But if you're taking pictures in a darkened room... Its constantly trying to focus and adjust + the auto flash is a pest! Hehe
linkweed

Lucy Pinder, Xango, Dublin, Easter Sunday 8th April 2012Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:02 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder, Xango, Dublin, Easter Sunday 8th April 2012 Reply with quote

I'd put a healthy wager we'll see an abundance of pics soon, I can feel it in my bones Scratch Chin
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder, Xango, Dublin, Easter Sunday 8th April 2012Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:08 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder, Xango, Dublin, Easter Sunday 8th April 2012 Reply with quote

What's really interesting about those pics is that they show a high-tech sports car having a box girder chassis reminiscent of a Land Rover. Not what I expected! Smile

...Anyway... we now have a huge number of Xango pics! Big Grin

Shame about the quality... There was a chap there with a proper camera at the same time - that's why there are so many pics where they're looking out of the frame to the right, they're looking at him, not at the junk camera - makes me wonder why they bothered with taking these at all when someone with a decent camera was taking the same shots. Still, maybe the good quality ones will show up eventually Smile

linkweed

Lucy Pinder, Xango, Dublin, Easter Sunday 8th April 2012Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:27 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder, Xango, Dublin, Easter Sunday 8th April 2012 Reply with quote

Kudos to this guy.Big Laugh This is the only pose I'd think to make if I were next to Lucy.

Who's the lady in white by the way?
sexybeast

Contributions: 755

Lucy Pinder, Xango, Dublin, Easter Sunday 8th April 2012Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:42 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder, Xango, Dublin, Easter Sunday 8th April 2012 Reply with quote

Not the greatest quality but excellent pics anyway Thumb Up! ....And Linkweed if was sitting so close to Lucy i'd definately be doing something much more interesting with my hands Wink ....of course then the bouncers would put their hands to better use too and beat the daylight out of me Hehe
RockyMoney

Lucy Pinder, Xango, Dublin, Easter Sunday 8th April 2012Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:11 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder, Xango, Dublin, Easter Sunday 8th April 2012 Reply with quote

Nice pics, they had a great time by the look of things Thumb Up!
EVISU

Contributions: 383

Lucy Pinder, Xango, Dublin, Easter Sunday 8th April 2012Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:35 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder, Xango, Dublin, Easter Sunday 8th April 2012 Reply with quote

3rd to last pic looks like the guy was drooling

(the bottom left 1)
incoming26

Contributions: 6

Lucy Pinder, Xango, Dublin, Easter Sunday 8th April 2012Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:24 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder, Xango, Dublin, Easter Sunday 8th April 2012 Reply with quote

I wish I could see her groping a girl or something Smile
patriot

Contributions: 739

Lucy Pinder, Xango, Dublin, Easter Sunday 8th April 2012Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:33 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder, Xango, Dublin, Easter Sunday 8th April 2012 Reply with quote

RockyMoney wrote:

I was behind one of those in that colour on the back of a box van looking like it had just been stolen by pikey's in the east end yesterday!

Can't be that many of them in London!
patriot

Contributions: 739

Lucy Pinder, Xango, Dublin, Easter Sunday 8th April 2012Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:43 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder, Xango, Dublin, Easter Sunday 8th April 2012 Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:

Not to cast an Irish stereo type but are most of these guys leprechauns?
Even with the huge heals Lucy can't be standing over 5'8" and she towers over most of them?

No I'm not just jealous Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: