Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

lucy-pinder.tv - lucypinder.tv
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Site News and Queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

lucy-pinder.tv - lucypinder.tvPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:21 pm    Subject: lucy-pinder.tv - lucypinder.tv Reply with quote

As some of you already know, the owner of the "black" lucypinder.tv site unfortunately no longer has the time to maintain it, and has sold the domain name and given up the server space.

But fret ye not, members of said site. I have bought the domain name and site content. I will be pointing the domain name at this site and setting up the other site in a subdirectory of this one, so you will all still be able to access it Smile

I recognise that the site has its own membership and ethos so I'm not after changing the way it's run, just looking after the technical side of it while the existing mod team - patriot, xxLynnexx and majin_streater - look after its forum.

There will be a bit of a gap in availability while I get it all set up and make sure it's working properly - the server config and layout aren't quite the same so there will be bits of jiggling and poking to make things fit - plus there seems to be a million tons of spam in the blog section which needs to be deleted, but give it a few days and it'll all be up and running Smile

Last edited by Pigeon on Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
kiwi

Contributions: 160

lucy-pinder.tv - lucypinder.tvPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:54 pm    Subject: lucy-pinder.tv - lucypinder.tv Reply with quote

nice one pigeon , it would have been a shame to see it disappear completely Thumb Up! Thumb Up! Thumb Up!
pinderfan

Contributions: 59

lucy-pinder.tv - lucypinder.tvPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:09 pm    Subject: lucy-pinder.tv - lucypinder.tv Reply with quote

Good news pigeon, the forum sadly did seem to be falling behind, sure you'll do a good job with it Big Smile
patriot

Contributions: 739

lucy-pinder.tv - lucypinder.tvPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:13 pm    Subject: lucy-pinder.tv - lucypinder.tv Reply with quote

Well done you, thanks for that.

If you don't mind could you drop me a pm and let me know what you paid for the domain. I had enquired about purchasing it about 12 months ago.
It's just as well i didn't as i would be in the same boat as the original owner right about now.
Pigeon
Site Admin

lucy-pinder.tv - lucypinder.tvPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:49 pm    Subject: lucy-pinder.tv - lucypinder.tv Reply with quote

PM sent Smile

Site setup on this server is progressing... will post a notice when it's done Smile
Pigeon
Site Admin

lucy-pinder.tv - lucypinder.tvPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:12 pm    Subject: lucy-pinder.tv - lucypinder.tv Reply with quote

OK, this is now in "beta"... Smile

The forum is at http://www.lucy-pinder.tv/black/forum/ and the blog at http://www.lucy-pinder.tv/black/blog

For existing members, I've preserved your IDs but there may be a bit of awkwardness the first time you log in; I recommend you clear your cookies and then log in again to both forums.

I haven't turned registrations back on yet until I'm happy it's not all broken Smile

Anyone who finds anything not working please let me know, preferably using this forum.
SteveG

Contributions: 35

lucy-pinder.tv - lucypinder.tvPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:08 pm    Subject: lucy-pinder.tv - lucypinder.tv Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
OK, this is now in "beta"... Smile

The forum is at http://www.lucy-pinder.tv/black/forum/ and the blog at http://www.lucy-pinder.tv/black/blog

For existing members, I've preserved your IDs but there may be a bit of awkwardness the first time you log in; I recommend you clear your cookies and then log in again to both forums.

I haven't turned registrations back on yet until I'm happy it's not all broken Smile

Anyone who finds anything not working please let me know, preferably using this forum.

How's the other forum doing? looking forward to checking it out.
Pigeon
Site Admin

lucy-pinder.tv - lucypinder.tvPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:10 pm    Subject: lucy-pinder.tv - lucypinder.tv Reply with quote

AFAICT it's working, and existing members - including patriot - have been on it and nobody's told me such-and-such doesn't work or anything Smile I've got quite a lot of development work on at the moment, but I reckon I'll be reopening registrations in a couple of days Smile
SledgeHammer

Contributions: 702

lucy-pinder.tv - lucypinder.tvPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:46 pm    Subject: lucy-pinder.tv - lucypinder.tv Reply with quote

I don't understand. What is this this other forum? What makes it so special that you need to go buy A different forum? No dis-respect, I'm just confused.
Pigeon
Site Admin

lucy-pinder.tv - lucypinder.tvPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:08 pm    Subject: lucy-pinder.tv - lucypinder.tv Reply with quote

It's been a long-standing source of confusion since this site was set up that there were two completely different sites with very similar domain names - lucy-pinder.tv and lucypinder.tv - so when the chance to buy the other domain name came up I took it.

I got the content of the other website as well so that I could preserve it for the benefit of its members - it's been around a long time and a lot of people like it, including some of our most illustrious members Smile It would have been a shame to see it cease to exist, and plenty of people would have been sad if it had gone. So, having both the means and the opportunity to preserve it, that's what I did Smile
SledgeHammer

Contributions: 702

lucy-pinder.tv - lucypinder.tvPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:10 pm    Subject: lucy-pinder.tv - lucypinder.tv Reply with quote

Unerstood.
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

lucy-pinder.tv - lucypinder.tvPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:59 pm    Subject: lucy-pinder.tv - lucypinder.tv Reply with quote

Forgive me for being nosey but how much did the domain name cost Pigeon? Hehe
Pigeon
Site Admin

lucy-pinder.tv - lucypinder.tvPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:34 am    Subject: lucy-pinder.tv - lucypinder.tv Reply with quote

YHM Smile
patriot

Contributions: 739

lucy-pinder.tv - lucypinder.tvPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:41 pm    Subject: lucy-pinder.tv - lucypinder.tv Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
including some of our most illustrious members Smile

We have no such thing Hehe
Supra Edd

Contributions: 98

lucy-pinder.tv - lucypinder.tvPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:26 pm    Subject: lucy-pinder.tv - lucypinder.tv Reply with quote

lol will i retain my ludicrusly high post rate from lucypinder.tv? lol Big Grin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Site News and Queries All times are GMT
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: