Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Lucy Pinder to star in "Waarrior Savitri"
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Lucy Pinder to star in "Waarrior Savitri"Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:16 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder to star in "Waarrior Savitri" Reply with quote

The Daily Echo says:

"HAMPSHIRE model Lucy Pinder has secured a leading role in a thriller with a leading Hollywood star.

Lucy, 31, from Winchester, will play a murderer's girlfriend in Savitra: The Warrior.

Jean-Claude Van Damme is rumoured to have been cast as the lead.

Her mum, Jenny, told the Daily Echo today: "Lucy is doing it, filming in Mumbai and Las Vegas, starting in about six weeks.

"She has a few good things in the pipeline. This is just one."

She has previously been in several movies including two with former Spandau Ballet musician and Eastenders star, Martin Kemp, in the Age of Kill and the comedy horror film Strippers v. Werewolves."

How true this actually is is hard to establish. There is absolutely nothing on Google apart from the above article. All I can find out is that "Savitra The Warrior" is probably a mis-spelling and "Savitri The Warrior" is more likely the correct spelling, but that doesn't help.

IMDB has absolutely nothing at all, whether under Lucy herself, under Jean-Claude Van Damme, or under the title of the movie (however spelt).

I can't class this as anything but another rumour until there is some confirmation that the movie even exists. Still, we can hope Big Grin

Last edited by Pigeon on Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
snowflake

Contributions: 663

Lucy Pinder to star in "Waarrior Savitri"Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:27 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder to star in "Waarrior Savitri" Reply with quote

Well I found that Savitra is a king in the novel "Thundergod", and your allusion to Savitri could be right if Savitri is a woman and fights with words and no swords.
I found nothing more. Wry

I would like it could be true but that only one statement in that paper, it's quite strange...
Pinderlust

Contributions: 431

Lucy Pinder to star in "Waarrior Savitri"Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:37 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder to star in "Waarrior Savitri" Reply with quote

With the subject matter and the filming location it seems as if this could be a Bollywood production maybe... perhaps.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder to star in "Waarrior Savitri"Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:24 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder to star in "Waarrior Savitri" Reply with quote

Right, there does seem to be a LITTLE more indication that this film might actually exist...

On the Linkedin page for Smita Gupta, art director with Balaji Telefilms Ltd of Mumbai, there is - right down at the bottom - a note that says one of her current projects is "Savitri - The Warrior by Param Gill". Param Gill seems to be quite a prolific Indian film director.

Still seems to be nothing else at all to find though. The Balaji Telefilms forthcoming movies page just has an "under construction" banner on it. Param Gill's website doesn't mention it. Neither the IMDB page for Smita Gupta nor that for Param Gill mention it, though Param Gill's page does list a few other current works in progress, and there is still nothing listed under Lucy, JCVD, or the actual title.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder to star in "Waarrior Savitri"Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:45 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder to star in "Waarrior Savitri" Reply with quote

Aha! Something more definite Smile

Apparently the title is "Waarrior Savitri" (sic).

There is a Waarrior Savitri facebook page, which calls it a "Dr Bob's production", and there is a mention of "Savitri" on the Dr Bobbs website (with two Bs).

(This inconsistency of single/double letters is most irritating when it comes to web searches...)

There is also a Waarrior Savitri twitter account.

From the facebook page:

"A modern day adaptation of the ancient fable of Savitri and Satyavaan, set in the picturesque locales of Las Vegas.

Mounted on a huge scale, this is a female centric action thriller directed by the award winning director Param Gill. The cast and crew comprises of renowned artists from the worlds of Bollywood and Hollywood."

So it looks like we may indeed be seeing something after all Thumb Up!

snowflake

Contributions: 663

Lucy Pinder to star in "Waarrior Savitri"Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:20 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder to star in "Waarrior Savitri" Reply with quote

good job Pigeon!! Thumb Up!
EVISU

Contributions: 383

Lucy Pinder to star in "Waarrior Savitri"Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:15 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder to star in "Waarrior Savitri" Reply with quote

lucy in india, wonder if shell see any tigers while out there ?
Nick

Contributions: 31

Lucy Pinder to star in "Waarrior Savitri"Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:29 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder is in Mumbai with makeup artist Lisa Harris Boys Reply with quote

Well done Pigeon on your Waarior Savitri homework! Boy that was fast from a rumor about Lucy Pinder starring in a Bollywood movie to her sending out an Instagram photo from Mumbai. Appears the beautiful Ms. Pinder is taking her acting career very seriously. To go all the way to Mumbai for an acting role looking for a career breakout role shows me she is dedicated. Of all the countries on the planet going to India for any reason is at the bottom of the list next to visiting China, Russia and North Korea. Either they made her a financial offer she could not refuse or she gets to play a beautiful princess which is what she is in real life. Please do not under any circumstances drink the water Ms. Pinder. Come home soon!
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder to star in "Waarrior Savitri"Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:34 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder to star in "Waarrior Savitri" Reply with quote

Ha, me, I'd love to go to India except it'd be too hot. And Russia except it'd be too cold...

Anyway, here are some pics of Lucy in Mumbai for the filming...

Nick

Lucy Pinder to star in "Waarrior Savitri"Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:36 pm    Subject: Lucy in Mumbai Reply with quote

Good find for those Mumbai photos. She looks tired and is makeup free. There is a photo with a man wearing a green shirt and blue jeans with a black bag over his shoulder. This is a guess but I believe the man is Lucy Pinder's father. I saw him in a video with Lucy and Michelle Marsh with a woman doing a psychic reading of Lucy and Michelle. I know I would not let my daughter go to India by herself with all the sexual assualts. There is a woman walking right behind Lucy in the same photo and I recognize Lucy's friend and make professional make up artist Lisa Harris Boys. She was with Lucy on the 17th Kind movie. I did a Google search on Lucy Pinder in Mumbai and came up with some great photos in the Deccan Chronicle where Lucy looks stunning-link is http://www.deccanchronicle.com/150316/entertainment-bollywood/article/british-supermodel-lucy-pinder-star-warrior-savitri. Hoping Pigeon you can post these photos.
Nick

Lucy Pinder to star in "Waarrior Savitri"Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:49 pm    Subject: DeccanChronicle article and Photos Reply with quote

First link I posted did not work-try this link http://www.deccanchronicle.com/150316/entertainment-bollywood/article/british-supermodel-lucy-pinder-star-warrior-savitri
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder to star in "Waarrior Savitri"Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:04 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder to star in "Waarrior Savitri" Reply with quote

The article says "This is a movie designed to inspire half billion women in India to take up martial arts for self protection." Wonder if we'll get to see Lucy showing off her karate skills? Big Grin
Nick

Lucy Pinder to star in "Waarrior Savitri"Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:31 pm    Subject: Lucy in Mumbai Reply with quote

Great work Pigeon posting those Deccan Chronicle photos so quickly! Hard to believe our sweet and innocent Miss Pinder plays the role of a murderer's girlfriend. This will be a test of her acting ability to pretend to be romantically involved with a man she would detest in real life. I think she has the acting ability and talent to pull it off. So is the murderer boyfriend to be played by Tim Man or by Ron Smoorenberg? How romantic will she be with him?
lolsmasher

Contributions: 573

Lucy Pinder to star in "Waarrior Savitri"Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:27 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder to star in "Waarrior Savitri" Reply with quote

Found a few pics on Twitter Smile

Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder to star in "Waarrior Savitri"Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:28 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder to star in "Waarrior Savitri" Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
Wonder if we'll get to see Lucy showing off her karate skills? Big Grin

Apparently yes Big Grin

"Lucy, who owns the looks to make any man weak in his knees, will be seen performing some breathtaking stunts in the movie.

Confirming the news, film's producer Ajay Dhama says, "Lucy Pinder will be seen essaying the pivotal character in the movie. The film will be an attempt to inspire Indian women to learn martial arts for self defence."

Film's title Warrior Savitri suggests about its theme that it will be based on an Indian girl's life who fight against the atrocities of the society.

Director Param Gill has also clarified that Lucy Pinder, who is the girl of every man's dreams, will be seen doing mixed martial arts in the movie."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: