Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Lucy Pinder shoot by RVDS 08-02-2012
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scorpion

Contributions: 85

Lucy Pinder shoot by RVDS 08-02-2012Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:40 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder shoot by RVDS 08-02-2012 Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
Not sure that these two aren't even better Big Smile

There's just to many to choose from Eek! Screwy .... Spinning Eyes so lets just say that they're all good.
Poggy

Contributions: 581

Lucy Pinder shoot by RVDS 08-02-2012Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:01 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder shoot by RVDS 08-02-2012 Reply with quote

Cough, Cough......Sure is dusty in this account Hehe

Got to say. While I've not been around. Some of the best work of Lucy has arisen Thumb Up!
patriot

Contributions: 739

Lucy Pinder shoot by RVDS 08-02-2012Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:29 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder shoot by RVDS 08-02-2012 Reply with quote

snowflake wrote:
...Because it's one of the rare photos where Lucy appears with more hairs on the cheeks than on the arms! Hehe Because it's not a Nuts pic! Hehe
No, really, the only artistic thing is the mastery of the photography technic. The light and the quality are very good, normal for professionnals! Lucy is very pretty with this lingerie, as always, but I found this pic as we already called in 2 dimensions. It's really esthetically succesfull but this one doesn't express nothing to me. She just poses in (for) lingerie. Point. Shrug

Next one! Hehe

Pigeon wrote:
Ummm... She's wearing two sets of knickers because the pretty ones are too transparent so she's wearing opaque ones underneath, but unlike pretty well every other pic where this is the case, she's made a feature of having two sets on instead of trying to conceal it?

The pose is a bit unusual too, but not massively so... the second one of these is a similar pose Smile

Not quite the answers i was looking for but interesting none the less.
I'll put it this way, try and find me another studio shot pic where Lucy is looking so dead straight into the camera. No tilt of the head or sideways glance. There are one or two I'm sure but nothing quite like this.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Lucy Pinder shoot by RVDS 08-02-2012Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:26 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder shoot by RVDS 08-02-2012 Reply with quote

Ah... that one failed the "uniqueness" test for me Smile Reason being that looking straight at the camera is one of those things which "they" say is "not supposed to work"... but when Lucy does it, it does work Big Smile and I've used that before as an example of Lucy's unusual brilliance Smile I bet even her passport photo looks good Hehe
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder shoot by RVDS 08-02-2012Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:50 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder shoot by RVDS 08-02-2012 Reply with quote

Two more... this part of the set is just brilliant Smile

Marty

Contributions: 562

Lucy Pinder shoot by RVDS 08-02-2012Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:52 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder shoot by RVDS 08-02-2012 Reply with quote

Awesome Big Smile
Richard

Contributions: 228

Lucy Pinder shoot by RVDS 08-02-2012Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:18 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder shoot by RVDS 08-02-2012 Reply with quote

_____Daily Star_____________Original_____

While still not a huge fan of this particular set...the originals look WAY better then the one that was in the Daily Star.

What were they thinking!?
Poggy

Lucy Pinder shoot by RVDS 08-02-2012Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:34 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder shoot by RVDS 08-02-2012 Reply with quote

Richard wrote:

While still not a huge fan of this particular set...the originals look WAY better then the one that was in the Daily Star.

What were they thinking!?

Typical Daily Star. Over photoshop everything. They seem to think still that every one wants to see a size 4 stick like Victoria Beckham.

Still say it's about time glamour went back to basics and the only tampering done with photos is the make up the model wears.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder shoot by RVDS 08-02-2012Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:55 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder shoot by RVDS 08-02-2012 Reply with quote

I hate to break this to you guys but it's more like the other way round Smile

From left to right: Star pic as it came from RVDS; Star pic from the Star; Non-Star pic as it came from RVDS.

Most of the photoshoppery on the version from the Star is me getting rid of the pixellation and contouring that had appeared on it as a result of it being overcompressed. Given that we have the RVDS UHQ original as well I'm not really sure why I posted it Smile

Poggy wrote:
They seem to think still that every one wants to see a size 4 stick like Victoria Beckham.

I certainly agree this is a genuine problem though, just expand "they" to cover a lot more than just the Star Smile And what really makes me Mad about it is that "they" are so fixated on this "we know best and the customers' opinions aren't worth dirt" idea that it's flipping impossible to get it through to "them" that the great majority of fans do not want that. It's as if all car manufacturers fitted every car with wooden school chairs instead of proper car seats and then told everyone who complained that wooden school chairs were better and the customers were in the wrong for wanting proper ones.

I really can't think of any other avenue of business where it is universally considered perfectly normal and acceptable to completely and systematically ignore what the customers want, and behave as if they have no right to want anything different. Not outside Soviet Russia, at any rate.

Perhaps they don't know who the customers are? Models/photographers/agencies think the customers are magazines and the magazines think the customers are the advertisers? That kind of weirdness is a thought pattern I have come across before, but it's extremely silly to say the least. Without the fans there wouldn't be a glamour industry at all. It's fan appreciation that drives the whole business and therefore the only logical way to go about things is to take notice of what the fans want...

Bad feedback is a problem, of course - so much of it is biased by sycophancy and the counterproductive, stupid British convention of not complaining at things. But it's not hard to find more realistic information - this forum, for one thing Smile - also it is instructive to look at what people say to Lucy Collett, who is firmly against the "size 4" thing...

She gets a lot of idiotic stick from people - women, mainly - who have no interest in her or the glamour world in general, but have seen her on page 3 because it is in a widely-read "newspaper". They accuse her of encouraging young girls to be fat. FFS Mad if they think she's fat they must have difficulty avoiding falling down drain grilles...

They then soon wish they hadn't Hehe hundreds of her fans barrage her and them with replies saying what rubbish it is and how great it is to see a model who has some proper curves for a change Wink With which I thoroughly agree Smile she's not really my cup of tea but she's certainly pretty and it's certainly a breath of fresh air to see a figure that goes out and in and out instead of out and in and down. And moreover, she thinks they're idiots too, and says so Big Smile I really hope she continues to say so and loud enough to make a difference Smile

The sad thing is our own Lucy Pinder used to be just the same - remember that quote from the old pink .info about her agency telling her to tone up and slim down and she basically told them to get stuffed? And she stayed that way right up until the end of 2008 / beginning of 2009... and we all know what happened then.

Having given in to the idea she's never really recovered her original mind and she keeps doing it... and we've now had four years of people complaining about her figure deteriorating. I can't help but agree, in general, although photoshop has a lot to answer for... In facial appearance, and clothed, there is no question but that she is just steadily getting more and more beautiful Big Smile but it is only in recent months that her figure has returned to its former gloriousness.

I'm sure we all remember the expressions of joy which greeted the arrival of Lucy's Keith Lemon candids and her subsequent Nuts shoot - people were almost unanimous that her figure was looking nigh on perfect again Cloud 9

But I don't think Lucy realised Sad it was at about the same time she started making comments about losing weight and going to the gym etc Weep Weep attaching more weight to the views shared by the idiots which the other Lucy shouts down, than to the views of the people whose enthusiasm is the fundament of her success Spinning Eyes it really does worry me that she can be so isolated, from the results it appears that the only people she listens to are (to put it in the most charitable terms) even more isolated...

Of course the "bad feedback" problem is particularly acute in Lucy's case... That coterie of sycophantic idiots who act like being a fan of Lucy is some kind of religion and Lucy is an actual goddess, everything she does inherently beyond criticism purely because it's her that's doing it as in the fundamentalist view of Scripture. They can't accept that she is human and just as capable of having a bad idea as anyone else, it doesn't occur to them to think about the possible consequences of anything she might do and so no matter how blatantly obviously bad an idea it might be all she ever gets is ooh yeah brilliant Lucy go on do it do it do you think if I keep saying things like this you might let me put my hand up your top FFS. The Show That We Do Not Name was of course the worst example of this - it tends to be the worst example of everything - but there hasn't been a single case of Lucy doing anything unpopular which it hasn't applied to, with Lucy being swamped with unconditional - and therefore worthless - praise in order to make sure she perceives the unpopularity as insignificantly small, and what's more they are dumb enough to think they are actually helping her by doing this. Screwy It's flipping ridiculous, I'm sure if Lucy said she was going to take a running jump off a cliff that lot would cheer her on and then not understand what had happened when she went splat.

Ahem. Ich bin immer wieder eine mistnachplappernde Taube Smile Only came into this thread to post a pic and I've sat here typing waffle for three hours Roll Eyes

Right, right, now... everybody shuddup, ok, 'cause now comes the verse bit.

Richard

Contributions: 228

Lucy Pinder shoot by RVDS 08-02-2012Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:36 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder shoot by RVDS 08-02-2012 Reply with quote

Good Post, Pigeon.

Moreover, the point I was trying to make about the pics in question wasn't as much about Photoshop, as it was about those in charge and their decisions; case in point, selecting the least flattering image of Lucy from the entire shoot, and potentially made it worse through their manipulations (not even necessarily Photoshop as much as how it was printed).

I know the work you put in to clean up those images from source, Pigeon. (and thank you your efforts in restoration).
That is why I used the RVDS version of the Star's pic compared to a similar image from the shoot. I wanted to compare the images as close to "original to the public" as were available.

Perhaps RVDS is more responsible then the Star. The thing that strikes me most when comparing that pic to the rest in that series is the way the color is sucked out of it. I have no doubt that the background is the same, and Lucy didn't suddenly lose that tan...where did the color go? I don't know if studio lighting can make that big a change.

Maybe the photo tampering began before it even reached the Star.

Anyway...thank you, I'm done ranting now.

Particularly when we go from there to THIS

What was I saying? Hehe
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder shoot by RVDS 08-02-2012Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:58 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder shoot by RVDS 08-02-2012 Reply with quote

Richard wrote:
Good Post, Pigeon.

Blush Thumb Up!

Richard wrote:
Moreover, the point I was trying to make about the pics in question wasn't as much about Photoshop, as it was about those in charge and their decisions; case in point, selecting the least flattering image of Lucy from the entire shoot, and potentially made it worse through their manipulations (not even necessarily Photoshop as much as how it was printed).

Ah, I understand now... Selecting the worst image from the entire set is something of a habit with the Star. They did the same with the music shoot - out of all those spectacular pics they chose the two anomalies that made Lucy look almost dowdy (or as close as Lucy ever could Smile) And more recently with the Damien Morley shoot, there was less by way of that kind of variation in the set they picked from but they still went for the less exciting end of the scale. Strange people... Confused

Richard wrote:
That is why I used the RVDS version of the Star's pic compared to a similar image from the shoot. I wanted to compare the images as close to "original to the public" as were available.

Gotcha Smile In that case you may find this one interesting - it's only a quick job, with obvious flaws, but it's good enough to get the idea Smile

I'm more inclined to put the colour difference down to photoshop than to lighting mainly out of practicality - changing the colour of the lighting in the middle of a set and making sure it worked properly would be a bit of an awkward hiatus. Having said that, I do think he should have made more sure it worked properly before starting the set - it is the pic with manky colour which is the unprocessed version, the skin texture makes that very clear... the problems with it are down to bad lighting, which is of the wrong colour and is so positioned as to accentuate Lucy's "skinny signs". He's then "fixed" the lighting problem in photoshop and depilated Lucy at the same time. Contrast with Damien Morley's approach of lighting it more skilfully and so being able to present entirely-untouched pics Smile
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder shoot by RVDS 08-02-2012Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:21 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder shoot by RVDS 08-02-2012 Reply with quote

Anyway here's the next pic Big Smile

Poggy

Lucy Pinder shoot by RVDS 08-02-2012Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:27 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder shoot by RVDS 08-02-2012 Reply with quote

First a quick question. What agency is Lucy Collett with?

You do know where this all started don't you? It all started in the fashion industry. As they went from the old supermodels with curves and started to aim for the size zero. Which funnily enough Victoria Beckham was for a bit. Somehow now though the glamour industry is starting to go the same way. Soon if some get there way. A picture of a model will be a bone with a pair of boobs on it. The amazing thing is that they still haven't realised that a pair of boobs isn't the only reason to why they glamour industry sells. The model does need the rest of the curves to go with them.

I'll tell you why Models/photographers/agencies/magazines/advertisers all think they are the only important ones. It all comes down to money. The model and photographer get paid off the agency. They get paid off the magazine. Which in turn gets it's money off the advertisers. So money is the one thing they all are going for. But for some unknown reason they forget the biggest part of all this money and the reason they do it in the first place. Is the consumer. It's the customers money that they are all after. The customer who buys the products. Without them there is no chain of money.

It has become a social habit know though through. I blame TV Hehe That we should ignore the consumer and just do what we want. They can just put up with it as there is no other option. That is till a Lucy Collett comes along and tries to break the mould. The only problem with this that she will need help.

Now I'd bet we all wish the old Lucy Pinder would come along. One of the biggest and most respected name ever to grace the glamour industry. That old strong minded and determind Lucy was the one to join Lucy Collett (Too many Lucy's could get confusing Big Laugh ) and help this fight against the stick image. To keep it more natural with the nature intended curves. Because I'd bet if Lucy did join this fight. Then you would soon see a lot more models come on board to it. That is the models of true weight and beauty.

Am I right in thinking this all started with Lucy (Pinder) around when Michelle Marsh retired for the first child.

I partly blame the likes of Jordan for all this. The ones who never really had the natural beauty. So turned to plastic surgeon to try (I did say try) to make that beauty. Photoshop became a quicker, easier, cheaper and lot less painful way of doing it. Plus what will that model with all the work done look like in later life. As all the bits that go naturally old do so gracefully. Then all the plastic bits don't Thumb Down
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder shoot by RVDS 08-02-2012Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:46 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder shoot by RVDS 08-02-2012 Reply with quote

Poggy wrote:
First a quick question. What agency is Lucy Collett with?

Mode Smile

Poggy wrote:
The amazing thing is that they still haven't realised that a pair of boobs isn't the only reason to why they glamour industry sells. The model does need the rest of the curves to go with them.

Quite. Just imagine if they stuck to the "boobs are all that matters" principle consistently all the way through - the pics would end up like those horrific sights in the human reproduction section of a school biology textbook...

Poggy wrote:
I'll tell you why Models/photographers/agencies/magazines/advertisers all think they are the only important ones. It all comes down to money. The model and photographer get paid off the agency. They get paid off the magazine. Which in turn gets it's money off the advertisers. So money is the one thing they all are going for. But for some unknown reason they forget the biggest part of all this money and the reason they do it in the first place. Is the consumer. It's the customers money that they are all after. The customer who buys the products. Without them there is no chain of money.

Bang on Thumb Up! The mags depend on the advertising, because it brings in more money than the sales... but they forget that without the sales there would be no advertising. Or they sort of half forget. They like to have good circulation figures... but the money link from customers to figures to advertising revenue is the most indirect link in the chain and that seems to confuse them into derating its significance, when in reality it is the foundation of the whole thing. Which is very strange... Confused

Poggy wrote:
It has become a social habit know though through. I blame TV Hehe That we should ignore the consumer and just do what we want. They can just put up with it as there is no other option. That is till a Lucy Collett comes along and tries to break the mould. The only problem with this that she will need help.

Now I'd bet we all wish the old Lucy Pinder would come along. One of the biggest and most respected name ever to grace the glamour industry. That old strong minded and determind Lucy was the one to join Lucy Collett (Too many Lucy's could get confusing Big Laugh ) and help this fight against the stick image. To keep it more natural with the nature intended curves. Because I'd bet if Lucy did join this fight. Then you would soon see a lot more models come on board to it. That is the models of true weight and beauty.

Completely agree! If anyone has the influence to say "stuff the conventions, take me as I am" it's Lucy P Big Smile heck, if it worked back in the old days it's massively more true now!

Tweeted yesterday by Lucy C, and retweeted by Lucy P... "great Lucy's think a like Smile" - which immediately made me think of this discussion and go "ooowwwwww"...

Poggy wrote:
Am I right in thinking this all started with Lucy (Pinder) around when Michelle Marsh retired for the first child.

I think it was about then that the first pics of Lucy were shot that brought on the "boob shrinkage" comments (although the only reason they looked like that was the Daily Star's awful photoshopping), but those pics didn't actually appear until some time later, if I'm remembering right. The "weight loss" bit was BB, though, ie. the year after. Something to do with this idea that "the TV camera adds ten pounds" - even though Lucy's appearances on Nuts TV the year before were ample evidence that that doesn't apply to her...

Poggy wrote:
Plus what will that model with all the work done look like in later life. As all the bits that go naturally old do so gracefully. Then all the plastic bits don't Thumb Down

Like this... Yikes!

...anyone who has clicked that link will most likely be especially glad to see the next UHQ instead Smile

Saintness

Contributions: 56

Lucy Pinder shoot by RVDS 08-02-2012Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:53 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder shoot by RVDS 08-02-2012 Reply with quote

...what has been seen... cannot be unseen...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: