Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Lucy Pinder's Official 2010 Calendar
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dib

Contributions: 276

Lucy Pinder's Official 2010 CalendarPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:24 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder's Official 2010 Calendar Reply with quote

Wow.
She looks awesome and the photo is absolutely great.

OMG, OMG OMG...

Cloud 9 Cloud 9
Atesh

Contributions: 2

Lucy Pinder's Official 2010 CalendarPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:54 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder's Official 2010 Calendar Reply with quote

I want thiiiiiiiis Big Grin
BaBaBooey

Contributions: 155

Lucy Pinder's Official 2010 CalendarPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:56 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder's Official 2010 Calendar Reply with quote

found some low res preview pix

Sad oops

Last edited by BaBaBooey on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dib

Lucy Pinder's Official 2010 CalendarPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:29 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder's Official 2010 Calendar Reply with quote

Amm... I'm not sure we're allowed to post those pics in here.

However they're great and I cannot wait for the calendar.
BaBaBooey

Contributions: 155

Lucy Pinder's Official 2010 CalendarPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:32 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder's Official 2010 Calendar Reply with quote

Dib wrote:
Amm... I'm not sure we're allowed to post those pics in here.

However they're great and I cannot wait for the calendar.

sorry, i edited the post Wink
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Lucy Pinder's Official 2010 CalendarPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:48 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder's Official 2010 Calendar Reply with quote

Ah... thanks Dib Thumb Up!

No worries BaBaBooey, the effort is appreciated Wink

Perhaps I should point out just what can and can't be posted...

The mini size preview pic of the front cover I have posted because that pic will be used on all the websites offering the calendar for sale. Has to be very small though as it will only be very small on those sites.

Any pic that appears in Nuts/the Star/etc is OK, same as any other pic that appears in Nuts/the Star/etc. There are always one or two, but there haven't been any yet.

Anything else has to wait until 2011. No preview sets, no pics from the calendar itself.

The reason for this is that it is beneficial to Lucy to do it that way. So don't worry about it Smile
Grendel

Contributions: 288

Lucy Pinder's Official 2010 CalendarPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:06 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder's Official 2010 Calendar Reply with quote

I've seen at least one blog with the preview pics. So, "Dottie has gone public". Is it ok to publish a link to said blog?
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder's Official 2010 CalendarPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:30 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder's Official 2010 Calendar Reply with quote

I'm sorry, no it isn't... links count the same as pics... and "gone public" has to be "officially gone public", which more or less equates to printed in a paper/magazine, or posted by Jen or Lucy herself. Unofficial leaks to blogs happen every year, but there are those who would prefer it if they didn't Wink and it doesn't count as a "release".

Current calendar pics are a bit like the music shoot pics - they are superb pics and I would love to have them on the forum, but they are "special case" pics so the rules have to be essentially the same as on the official site, for the same reasons.

I don't mean to sound like an a**e with this rule but being an unofficial site doesn't mean I'm a totally free agent... the calendar means a lot to Lucy, and I would be letting her down if I didn't have the same sort of rule as she does... especially since (at the time of writing) this thread is on the first page of google if you search for lucy pinder 2010 calendar; having the pics so readily findable as that would p**s her off quite a lot.
Grendel

Contributions: 288

Lucy Pinder's Official 2010 CalendarPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:57 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder's Official 2010 Calendar Reply with quote

No problem whatsoever, Pigeon, that's why I asked first. Big Smile
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder's Official 2010 CalendarPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:08 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder's Official 2010 Calendar Reply with quote

Well we can now "sort of" release previews Big Grin

The back cover is now up on the official outlet so I can post it in here Big Smile

I think it must definitely be said that this is one not to be missed Big Grin the quality of these photos is superb, Lucy was on absolutely top form when she did this shoot - even given the excellent quality of this year's calendar, Lucy has still managed to raise the game for 2010 - and she picked the best photographer too, the results are excellent Big Grin

Buy it because it is Lucy's best calendar work yet Big Grin buy copies for your friends as well. Don't know what to get your mate or brother for Christmas? Well you do now Big Grin

And also... buy it because the better it sells the better next year's will be. Neon have been buggering their models about this year with calendars - hence Malene not getting to do one at all and having to do a solo effort - and we see also that Lucy didn't end up with a very large proportion of the time available on the expedition (which involved other shoots and other models, not just Lucy's calendar shoot) which is a bit of a shame. Lucy has been somewhat let down - but despite that she has still managed to produce some absolutely cracking work - that's Lucy Big Grin she thoroughly deserves to have this calendar sell well, and the better it sells the lower the chance of the same problem happening next year.

Official outlet - on sale 1st September

Pre-order on Amazon

Pre-order on play.com
logistician

Contributions: 20

Lucy Pinder's Official 2010 CalendarPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:02 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder's Official 2010 Calendar Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but I am very disappointed in this calendar. Same location, outfit, etc. Was there no budget? I think this may be her worst calendar based upon the lack of creativity.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder's Official 2010 CalendarPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:04 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder's Official 2010 Calendar Reply with quote

Ah, those are exactly the points which I was trying to address in my last paragraph Smile Basically what we are seeing is that Neon have let Lucy down yet again, and Lucy has met the situation with her usual flair to nevertheless pull something excellent out of the bag.

Neon have, as I said, been buggering their models about over calendars this year - for instance Malene didn't get to do one at all and had to make it herself instead, many of their other models didn't get to do one either, we're really quite lucky to see one from Lucy at all. Neon themselves don't make a lot of money out of calendars, and since Dave Read's motivation (as he has admitted on TV) is personal greed rather than doing the best job for the clients, they can't be bothered to put the resources in.

The expedition on which Lucy's calendar was shot was a fairly major affair which went on for about two weeks with various models rotating in and out, doing other work in addition to calendar shoots. Lucy herself was there for several days, but the whole thing was a badly organised mess so she only got to grab a couple of hours to squeeze this calendar shoot in.

To accuse her of a "lack of creativity" is really rather unjust. Quite the converse is true. Through no fault of her own Lucy was working with very limited resources in terms of time available, and she has made the very best use of them she could.

In any photographic oeuvre - whether modelling or anything else - 90% at least of the shots are thrown away and only a small percentage are deemed usable; from a couple of hours, it is something of an achievement to squeeze out twelve usable shots at all (for comparison, Lucy's Nuts housework shoot lasted a whole day and went on into the evening (which is why she was late turning up at Absolute Radio that night), and her football shoot this week was a two-day job). To have pulled out twelve shots which are really good and have the degree of variety which they do is really a pretty remarkable thing to do, and Lucy deserves deep congratulation for it Clap

By all means criticise those who deprived Lucy of resources and forced her to work with very little available, but to criticise Lucy herself and the wonderful result she achieved from so little to work with really isn't fair.
Dib

Lucy Pinder's Official 2010 CalendarPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:26 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder's Official 2010 Calendar Reply with quote

I kind of agree with you guys, but the cover pic is just way too awesome.
Maybe it's not the most imaginative calendar ever, but with pics just as good as the cover, I'm happy.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder's Official 2010 CalendarPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:32 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder's Official 2010 Calendar Reply with quote

Oh, I'm definitely in your camp here Dib Wink I shall definitely be buying two copies - one to get Lucy to sign and one to take apart and use as posters Big Smile

And one for you of course Wink
logistician

Contributions: 20

Lucy Pinder's Official 2010 CalendarPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:27 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder's Official 2010 Calendar Reply with quote

I wasn't "blaming" Lucy for the poor calendar, but regardless, it is what it is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: