Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Lucy Pinder - Ruth Rose shoot BTS
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linkweed

Contributions: 1132

Lucy Pinder - Ruth Rose shoot BTSPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:48 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Ruth Rose shoot BTS Reply with quote

Appreciate the originals Patriot Thumb Up!
Poggy

Contributions: 579

Lucy Pinder - Ruth Rose shoot BTSPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:47 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Ruth Rose shoot BTS Reply with quote

Sorry but got to sound like I'm moaning again. Both have photoshop use on them. Both aren't a style that I think suits Lucy in terms of hair and make up. If anything as said here in another post. The make up makes Lucy look even thinner with it enhancing Lucy's cheek bones and things Thumb Down The only pluss really are that they are slightly different from a Nuts shoot.

Pigeon I have to disagree too on that the second looks nothing like a OT shoot. OT don't use make up in this way or photoshop Blush All you can really say is that they used a skirt. Which many companies have done before.
enigmatic319

Contributions: 55

Lucy Pinder - Ruth Rose shoot BTSPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:44 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Ruth Rose shoot BTS Reply with quote

Don't like the obvious photoshopping, but I do like the direction & character of the shots.

Check, Adjust & try again - all the elements of perfection are there, you've got Lucy Pinder on the other end of your lens!
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

Lucy Pinder - Ruth Rose shoot BTSPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:51 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Ruth Rose shoot BTS Reply with quote

patriot wrote:
C'mon P. If your going to mess with an artists work....

Hey, all I'm doing is reversing the photoshopping and putting Lucy back in her natural colours (as far as I can given that it makes my eyes go funny doing it - too much staring at the screen messes up my colour perception) as we saw her in the BTS pics. My goal, as ever, is to present Lucy in the highest quality possible - which means as close as possible to how God made her, it's not possible to improve on Lucy's natural state Big Grin

patriot wrote:
That and i prefer the black and white Tongue

Ewww, no, Lucy looks hideous in black and white. It's soulless and depersonalising - it takes all the "Lucyness" out of it. It makes it not a picture of Lucy any more, just a picture of a female-shaped something. There's no humanity in it.

Black and white dehumanises any model, and it's particularly emphatic in Lucy's case... there's no point it being Lucy if she's made to look like a thing.

Hence me running a rewriting proxy on my local system so that when I look at Lucy's twitter feed it replaces that horrible black and white avatar with the colour version Big Grin

Poggy wrote:
Pigeon I have to disagree too on that the second looks nothing like a OT shoot. OT don't use make up in this way or photoshop Blush All you can really say is that they used a skirt. Which many companies have done before.

I know... It was the skirt that I meant Hehe There aren't a whole lot of studio pics of Lucy in a skirt so it immediately reminded me of onlytease Smile

Also thinking the shortage of studio pics of Lucy in a skirt is a matter that could do with attention, after all a beautiful woman generally looks hotter with some clothes on rather than as nearly naked as possible - subtlety rather than obviousness, and all that - and it's certainly true of Lucy Big Smile Which is another reason I like that pic Smile

enigmatic319 wrote:
Don't like the obvious photoshopping, but I do like the direction & character of the shots.

Check, Adjust & try again - all the elements of perfection are there, you've got Lucy Pinder on the other end of your lens!

Yes Thumb Up!
patriot

Contributions: 739

Lucy Pinder - Ruth Rose shoot BTSPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:16 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Ruth Rose shoot BTS Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:

patriot wrote:
That and i prefer the black and white Tongue

Ewww, no, Lucy looks hideous in black and white. It's soulless and depersonalising - it takes all the "Lucyness" out of it. It makes it not a picture of Lucy any more, just a picture of a female-shaped something. There's no humanity in it.

Black and white dehumanises any model, and it's particularly emphatic in Lucy's case... there's no point it being Lucy if she's made to look like a thing.

Then i'm affraid we will have to agree to disagree.
I feel completley the opposite. In black and white the images take on a whole new artform.
It becomes about shape and form and the contrast between dark and light. Lucy doesn't stop being lucy, the lack of colour infact takes the mind away from glamour and focusses it on everything else.
I'd love to see lucy almost completley blacked out silhouetted against a setting sun Cloud 9

pigeon wrote:
Hence me running a rewriting proxy on my local system so that when I look at Lucy's twitter feed it replaces that horrible black and white avatar with the colour version Big Grin

You really do have toomuch time on your hands Hehe

Hope you like the new avatar
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder - Ruth Rose shoot BTSPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:31 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Ruth Rose shoot BTS Reply with quote

I've just added a new line to the rewriting proxy config Big Grin
patriot

Contributions: 739

Lucy Pinder - Ruth Rose shoot BTSPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:00 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Ruth Rose shoot BTS Reply with quote

Roll Eyes
sexybeast

Contributions: 755

Lucy Pinder - Ruth Rose shoot BTSPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:00 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Ruth Rose shoot BTS Reply with quote

Personally i mostly love the work Pigeon does cleaning or colouring these pics Thumb Up! ...but i completely agree with what Patriot's trying to put across..whatever hard work that P is doing on these pics ( and its really appreciated) cannot be of any cosequence unless one knows what the original looked like...besides one could choose to agree or disagree with an artist's vision but changing it to suit my taste without the rightful owner's permission could someday prove to be a venture into the grey area Roll Eyes
RPTGB

Contributions: 5

Lucy Pinder - Ruth Rose shoot BTSPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:40 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Ruth Rose shoot BTS Reply with quote

Each to their own, though, with all due respect to our forum host, I think it takes more than a lack of colour to dehumanise some one like Miss P!
The beauty of a black and white shot is that it brings out all the contrasts and shapes that light gives to a form. These examples still have the warmth of a colour shot because the lighting is not overly harsh.

Pidgeon, when you are colourising these shots, are you applying the colour as an overlay on top of the original greyscale image?
If I have to create a colour concept in my day to day job (I work in games dev), it is easier to paint the values in black and white and then apply the colour as an overlay...rather than using a traditional painting technique. This is great for a quick fix but it does tend to give the picture a metallic "sheen", which I think may be happening here. Just curious
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder - Ruth Rose shoot BTSPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:37 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Ruth Rose shoot BTS Reply with quote

Two main techniques...

One is a filter which is based on the assumption that over a sufficiently circumscribed region of the image there is a usefully unique correlation between luma and chroma. It calculates that relationship for a given region of a colour source image and then applies it in reverse to a B&W target image to add chroma to a region where the same assumption ought to hold. This works for images which are similar in lighting but not necessarily in form; it tends to require multiple operations on small regions, and it has an annoying habit of colouring a sprinkling of random pixels in colours which are totally different from what they should be.

The other one is to manually separate the source image into luma and chroma layers, copy the chroma layer to the target image and distort it to fit. This requires the target image to be of a similar pose to the source image. Often it still has to be done in a series of regions rather than the whole thing in one go, but the regions are larger and fewer in number.

In both cases it is necessary to touch up the chroma layer by hand afterwards to sort out the little bits that didn't quite work properly.

The shininess I think is a product of the makeup and lighting more than anything else. Of the two images I just posted, the first one is not recolourised from the B&W Patriot posted - it was in colour to begin with, all I had to do was adjust the colour balance/hue/saturation to try and restore the colours to how they were before it was photoshopped originally, using the BTS pics as a visual reference.
snowflake

Contributions: 663

Lucy Pinder - Ruth Rose shoot BTSPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:03 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Ruth Rose shoot BTS Reply with quote

patriot wrote:
Pigeon wrote:

Then i'm affraid we will have to agree to disagree.
I feel completley the opposite. In black and white the images take on a whole new artform.
It becomes about shape and form and the contrast between dark and light. Lucy doesn't stop being lucy, the lack of colour infact takes the mind away from glamour and focusses it on everything else.
I'd love to see lucy almost completley blacked out silhouetted against a setting sun Cloud 9

... And nevertheless it's true, it's universally recognized that B&W put in worth the depth of expression for a portrait, the atmosphere of a scene, the perspective and climate of a landscape. So I think that, like for Pigeon and others who don't really appreciate these pics effects, It's not the style of pic wich is disturbing but what it permits to express from LP.
This shoot is very classy and stylish. It's the same type of work than Anna Fowler. They seem to have chosen Lucy for a face and whole expression rather than for her breast. In the most of recent (real) art work, Lucy is never employed for happyness but deeper expression wich seem to want to speak to the soul. I think if we look better Nuts style shoots, there's the same thing but it's masked by the view of her naked body and her (basic and suffisant) seductive attitude.
So, Pigeon, i agree when you say "soulless" or "deshumanized".( But, instead of empathic, don't you rather mean pathetic, antipathic? Smile) I think this side of the B&W pic is someting deliberate from RR. I am quite called by the fact you frankly repulse the original RR work and don't let it express. This stuff touchs you deeply but it's better if you welcome it and understand it rather to hide it, I think. Wink

Pic 1: This black lingerie like a prison starting from sexe, climbing up to the neck by annexing the breast. This waiting attitude and this deep black calling glance like to say "And now, do you see? So what do you really want from me?" She has in this pic one of the more beautiful glances and natural acting, but it looks like for me as it don't express anymore the same thing. Sad B&W make us be concentrated on this expression, nothing else.
Pic 2: The pic would have won to be in B&W if there aren't these golden jewels. She looks like a nymph (and we can take it in every definitions Cloud 9 ) who is extracting her from her tight chrisalis in a butterfly form (arms positions like a wake-up attitude). And it's possible that in a last metamorphosis, the zip of this bra will open Tongue . Again a black deep glance but he has here a note of superiority, unbrokable self esteem, like she was an hupper being. She brings her head high and the neck (link between the top and low) is totally clear and decorated with gold. Translation: the head has the control of the body, the soul and the intelligence, the being and the appearing are in a final harmony. I'm not amazed to see some ones find here a sort of maturity... Wink

Very very poetic and artistic work. Thank you to RR for making me feel and express so nice and interesting things. Congratulations for having chosen Lucy Pinder as model for this shoot, i think it's not by chance cos she's wonderful in these roles. I hope to see more about this shoot! Bow
Poggy

Contributions: 579

Lucy Pinder - Ruth Rose shoot BTSPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:53 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Ruth Rose shoot BTS Reply with quote

I just take each picture into context on the picture it's self. Some times B&W is better for a picture than colour. Others times colour is better. The one question though you don't get to answer is which is better. As when you see a B&W picture. You tend not to see a colour version of the same picture. So you can't compare and to be honest I wouldn't want it to be this way. As if this was to happen it would over complicate things too much. So my feeling is on this. May it be B&W or colour. Just judge the picture on what it is.
snowflake

Contributions: 663

Lucy Pinder - Ruth Rose shoot BTSPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:57 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Ruth Rose shoot BTS Reply with quote

Thumb Up! ... and don't photoshop it! Big Grin
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder - Ruth Rose shoot BTSPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:56 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Ruth Rose shoot BTS Reply with quote

Here's another gorgeous pic from Lucy's Ruth Rose set Big Grin

A fine demonstration that Lucy doesn't need to take her clothes off to look good Big Smile I'd love to see her do more shoots more fully dressed, she's just as good at them as she is at the more usual style - as this pic shows - and a lot of the time I find them more appealing, there's more subtlety in them Smile

pogo

Contributions: 361

Lucy Pinder - Ruth Rose shoot BTSPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:42 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Ruth Rose shoot BTS Reply with quote

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Last edited by pogo on Tue May 29, 2012 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: