Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Lucy Pinder - National Black Cats Day 25-10-2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

Lucy Pinder - National Black Cats Day 25-10-2012Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:54 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder - National Black Cats Day 25-10-2012 Reply with quote

Lucy Pinder is getting involved with this year's National Black Cats Day on 25th October Big Smile - see also their facebook page Smile

Apparently black cats are mysteriously overlooked when people choose cats from shelters. They take on average a week longer to find new homes than other colours and are significantly over-represented among cats needing new homes, with 23% of Cats Protection's cats being black. The idea of this event is to make people aware of this bizarre situation and encourage the adoption of black cats.

Lucy is apparently going to be wearing a black cat costume to promote the day Big Smile - it doesn't say any more than that...

Lucy Pinder on Cats Protection website wrote:
I was really surprised to hear that black cats take longer to find homes - itís such a shame. Black cats make just as good pets as the more colourful moggies and often have particularly striking and noble looks so I'd recommend adopting a black cat to anyone thinking of getting a cat.

RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

Lucy Pinder - National Black Cats Day 25-10-2012Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:10 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder - National Black Cats Day 25-10-2012 Reply with quote

Nice pic Thumb Up!
Saintness

Contributions: 56

Lucy Pinder - National Black Cats Day 25-10-2012Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:31 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder - National Black Cats Day 25-10-2012 Reply with quote

Could it have something to do with the superstition that they are bad luck? I would guess so. I wonder if there are any other pics from this shoot?
Poggy

Contributions: 579

Lucy Pinder - National Black Cats Day 25-10-2012Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:39 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder - National Black Cats Day 25-10-2012 Reply with quote

Saintness wrote:
Could it have something to do with the superstition that they are bad luck? I would guess so.

No, it's just there aren't as many witches around nowdays Hehe
snowflake

Contributions: 663

Lucy Pinder - National Black Cats Day 25-10-2012Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:51 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder - National Black Cats Day 25-10-2012 Reply with quote

I would like just believe that black cats are very more numerous than others, cos of genetic. But it's possible that folks just think that a whole black cat is too much ordinary, like them, a kind of racism to sum up. Wry

I think this very original and unexpected, and so i find Lucy's appearance very original and unexpected too, and then so much charming!! Cloud 9

Who did criticize me about CatWoman? Mmmh?! Big Laugh
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

Lucy Pinder - National Black Cats Day 25-10-2012Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:41 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder - National Black Cats Day 25-10-2012 Reply with quote

I'd guess the superstition is probably the one. After all we live in a superstitious age, people believe in astrology, homeopathy, detoxes, magic magnets, tarot, psychics, magic crystals and all sorts of other unscientific garbage - in fact more or less anything for which there is no rational justification, apart from the Abrahamic faiths, which they slag off. Seems that a doctrine of "believe in God and be nice to people" is not acceptable whereas a doctrine of "believe in anything so long as it doesn't mention God" or more specifically "believe in this crap so I can rip you off selling you rubbish" is Roll Eyes

Though it is strange that the opposing superstition that black cats are good luck never gets a look-in.

Personally, I like black cats - I think the single, pure, strong colour all over, with no variations, patches or stripes, suits them, and the contrast with the eyes is good too Smile

Anyway we now have a larger version of this pic Big Smile sadly we don't seem to have any different ones... yet, I guess there's always hope... hard to see this being the only one that was taken Smile

http://www.cats.org.uk/get-involved/national-black-cat-day

linkweed

Contributions: 1132

Lucy Pinder - National Black Cats Day 25-10-2012Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:07 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder - National Black Cats Day 25-10-2012 Reply with quote

Thumb Up! Excellent pic.
snowflake

Lucy Pinder - National Black Cats Day 25-10-2012Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:18 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder - National Black Cats Day 25-10-2012 Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
I'd guess the superstition is probably the one. After all we live in a superstitious age, people believe in astrology, homeopathy, detoxes, magic magnets, tarot, psychics, magic crystals and all sorts of other unscientific garbage - in fact more or less anything for which there is no rational justification, apart from the Abrahamic faiths, which they slag off.

Maybe you guessed i couldn't stay without answering to your argument. Big Smile People doesn't find in the rational the sense of their ill-being. Only overwhelming nosenses, in disaccord with their nature. They need to feel the life could be better tomorrow, or it could be masterized by an irrationnal influence. It's a real market and you know someones abuse of that.

Now, as you speak about this ancient superstion around black cats, I can give you shortly some technical elements, and you could make next some rapports, why not with Lucy Pinder. Hehe

First the black color. Black, as you know, represents in the collective unconscious darkness, unconscious, death, so spring of fear.

Next the cat. I already said a lot of things, wich some feng-shui utilities. The folowing elements are in relation... cat is an ambivalent symbol in the world. Respected in Egypt, Greece, Roma, German's for its good services, it was associated to evil powers at Celts'. When came the christian religion, 2 hidden excuses dressed cats for making occult old religions be hated. Cats sees and lives in the night so they belong to darkness and evil. Other argue: cats are symbol of feminity (my post about catwoman in the other thread): gracefull and agile, but free and unruly so no-masterized, and vested with animality (wich sexuality). That is feminine and feline in us is then erotic and emotional. Now, these very human elements had to be masterized by the religion for the well-being of societies. Wry

It was logic that druid or shaman women had black cats and became what was named witches and been persecuted. A large part of people doesn't like to cross a black cats cos it reminds them their dark side where they fear to see, especially men: they are not appealed to be aware of feminine darkside (non masterized things as emotions)...

Pigeon wrote:

Though it is strange that the opposing superstition that black cats are good luck never gets a look-in.

I think it's not for today! Hehe But when we know the why, it's possible to understand that superstitious people are not by chance! Hehe

PS: These elements come from scientific researches, making correlation between different studies, religious beliefs in the world and in the ages. But the interpretation stays an human estimation...
Marty

Contributions: 562

Lucy Pinder - National Black Cats Day 25-10-2012Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:25 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder - National Black Cats Day 25-10-2012 Reply with quote

It's not just cats, black dogs and black guinea pigs are also the hardest to re-home too
snowflake

Lucy Pinder - National Black Cats Day 25-10-2012Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:36 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder - National Black Cats Day 25-10-2012 Reply with quote

Mmmh! Do you say that with the fantasm to see Lucy disguised in black guinea pig? Hehe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: