Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Lucy Pinder Lynx ad campaign
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patriot

Contributions: 739

Lucy Pinder Lynx ad campaignPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:43 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder Lynx ad campaign Reply with quote

Big Laugh Big Laugh Big Laugh Big Laugh
redhawk

Contributions: 274

Lucy Pinder Lynx ad campaignPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:31 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder Lynx ad campaign Reply with quote

lucy really looking beautiful in lynx chat up advice. or rather say smart.
her bosom doesnt look big here like she isnt a busty after all .she has certainly lost a lot of weight recently.

wishing we can see more of her in movies .Gemma Atkinson and Keeley
hazel are getting multiple roles but unlucky dear lucy lacks all.

where are the producers man ?
linkweed

Contributions: 1132

Lucy Pinder Lynx ad campaignPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:22 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder Lynx ad campaign Reply with quote

redhawk wrote:
wishing we can see more of her in movies .Gemma Atkinson and Keeley
hazel are getting multiple roles but unlucky dear lucy lacks all.
keeleys retired from modeling what 3+ years ago? the only movie i can recall she was ever in was posing a naked girl in a supermarket. and that was maybe 1 second. and gemma was and still is an actress first and model second. we'll see what happens of lucys film career when the werewolf movie comes out. until then id say shes had a pretty busy year already.
redhawk

Contributions: 274

Lucy Pinder Lynx ad campaignPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:35 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder Lynx ad campaign Reply with quote

for keeley,How to Stop Being a Loser (2011).

you are right gemma is a full time actress and in my eyes she is more beautiful than or equal to lucy,but we dont generally see lucy like beautiful girls in films as an actress to lure people to watch movies,and which are you can count on your fingers,pretty less !

how cruel ! Cry
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

Lucy Pinder Lynx ad campaignPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:07 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder Lynx ad campaign Reply with quote

Doesn't this just make you want to punch someone in the face... http://www.herald.ie/news/saucy-ads-too-offensive-for-uk-but-not-for-us-2941306.html

article wrote:
Internet adverts for Lynx Dry Full Control deodorant which featured Lucy Pinder in a series of provocative poses also attracted 15 complaints.

The five adverts, which were shown on sites including Yahoo, Hotmail and Spotify, showed the glamour model eating an ice lolly, stripping wallpaper or bending over an oven door.

The ASA concluded that the adverts were degrading to women and irresponsible because they had been placed on two websites which "were not protected through age verification or other similar targeting".

I don't suppose there's much chance of the ASA ever reading this, much less any of the braindead killjoys who complained, but just in case they do...

"Irresponsible because they were on sites without age verification" - Completely stupid and without the slightest justification. You don't need to "verify your age" to visit the beach or the swimming pool where you will see lots of women just as scantily clad as Lucy was in those adverts. Indeed, if the beach visit is on holiday abroad, plenty of them will be actually topless - which Lucy wasn't.

This ridiculous PC notion that anyone under 18 will somehow be mentally damaged for life by the sight of a woman in anything less than a boiler suit has not the slightest foundation in reality. It needs to be stamped out, not pandered to in the name of appeasing idiots who pretend to be offended on behalf of other people who aren't actually offended at all.

(Not to mention that the whole "age verification" thing is completely pointless because anyone who wants to see the content will just click "I am over 18" whether they really are or not. Duh.)

If we're talking about things being "offensive", what's really offensive is the suggestion that the ads were "degrading to women". The sort of people who come out with that rubbish are the same people who refuse to visit nightclubs because they can't handle seeing actual real women who like men behaving in their natural manner, and want to force everyone into their straitjacketed way of thinking that holds that women who actually want sex and are not butch lesbians in the Millie Tant mould have something wrong with them.

Nothing Lucy does is "degrading to women". If it was, she wouldn't do it. The suggestion is nothing but insulting to Lucy - and to models in general. It's a shame in a way that these divots didn't complain to Lucy herself, so she could have torn them a new one in the same epic style as she did to that Gavaghan fool... indeed that reply of Lucy's should be the standard rebuttal to all such fools.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder Lynx ad campaignPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:22 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder Lynx ad campaign Reply with quote

Along with several other publications and websites, the Star have now picked up on this...

Would be lovely if they could organise a petition to get the ASA to extract their crania from their recta...

linkweed

Lucy Pinder Lynx ad campaignPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:51 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder Lynx ad campaign Reply with quote

first i skimmed the article and thought "well thats a b.s. shame". then i thought hmm i wonder if i can find those last elusive verbs. first i couldnt find anything lucy related on the lynx facebook page. and then when following the pindering game link via google i got the 404 error. they honestly banned all the links? what a Censored joke.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder Lynx ad campaignPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:07 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder Lynx ad campaign Reply with quote

For the complete, original sorry mess of prejudice, ignorance and stupidity see here: http://www.asa.org.uk/ASA-action/Adjudications/2011/11/Unilever-UK-Ltd/SHP_ADJ_163948.aspx

Tell you what, if you're looking for something in the media that genuinely is offensive and degrading to women, you could search quite a long time before you found a clearer example than this screaming and ranting that the sight of a woman's body is such a terrible, awful thing that children's minds will be irretrievably scarred by the slightest glimpse of one.

...Anyone wanting to see Lucy's videos, check here Smile Lucy Pinder Lynx advert videos
linkweed

Lucy Pinder Lynx ad campaignPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:12 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder Lynx ad campaign Reply with quote

on the lynx facebook page someone asked if the Lucy game is gone for good and lynx replied "We're afraid so". Thumb Down. so they removed what was in my eyes the best thing to happen to her career this year. this is beyond bullsh*t.

pigeon im glad you saved what i hope are all the vids. still, half the fun was typing the words in and seeing what they came up with.
pogo

Contributions: 361

Lucy Pinder Lynx ad campaignPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:56 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder Lynx ad campaign Reply with quote

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Last edited by pogo on Tue May 29, 2012 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder Lynx ad campaignPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:55 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder Lynx ad campaign Reply with quote

Well here's interesting... It appears that Lucy's Lynx campaign did involve the TV advert we were all hoping for... and while the UK is sadly now out of the question, it is going to appear on Irish TV Smile

Any Irish members with recording equipment please get in touch! Smile

And there is also an interview with Lucy, from when the campaign was launched...

interview wrote:

Lucy Pinder was just lying on the Bournemouth beach, minding her own business, slowly rubbing suntan lotion into her breasts when a man with a camera sidled up to her and whacked out his business card.

That man was a local photographer with contacts in the British tabloid newspapers. He told her he liked what he saw.

Lucy perked up when she heard that he wanted to photographer her and send her pictures on to his contacts and as a result of that chance encounter Lucy has been perking up the men with her saucy snaps ever since.

Nine years on, Lucy is still a regular in UK lads' mags such as Nuts.

She's currently the official Lynx Minx, a role which has her promoting deodorant for men by taking part in two viral games that challenge men to control Lucy on screen (Pindering) and to tap away furiously in order to get Lucy to reveal more of herself (CTRL X).

We gave Lucy a call and to our surprise she answered it and spoke to us.

JOE: Hi Lucy. So how come we're talking to you over the phone rather than in person?

Lucy: I'm waiting for my invite.

JOE: Well you are cordially invited to come and join us here in the swanky Joe offices...

Lucy: Thank you very much.

JOE: So congratulations on getting the Lynx Minx job.

Lucy: Thanks. It's one of those brands that really suits girls in my sort of work. Itís a real honour to be one of the Lynx girls, following on from the likes of Kelly Brooks and Abi Clancy.

JOE: What have Lynx got you doing Lucy?

Lucy: I've done some filming for two games for guys to play via the Lynx Facebook page. The idea behind the games is that you take control of me on screen without getting all hot under the collar.

We're telling guys not to be afraid to approach girls and display a bit of confidence, because if you start to second guess yourself and get a little nervous you're more likely to fluff it up, prematurely perspire and look like a bit of a sweaty mess. Lynx has come up with a product to help you with any physical side of appearing nervous so we now want to help to tackle the psychological side too.

JOE: But girls are scary...

Lucy: A lot of girls are very approachable, we really are. The worst that can happen when you approach a girl is that they say "No I donít want a drink", and if they do then just move on.

JOE: So do you get chatted up much or do you scare men off?

Lucy: I'm not scary so I get approached, but I never get chatted up. People are always very polite if they do approach me and, for instance, want a picture with me.

If I go out on a night out I do get a few looks and it can be nice when people come up and ask for a picture because at least then I know that were looking at me because they like what I do rather than looking at me and thinking "God, look at her. Who does she think she is?"

It's nice to meet the guys who see me in the lads' mags. Sometimes they seem surprised that I'm approachable, but most girls are. We're not monsters! OK, some are. But most aren't.

JOE: We've watched behind the scenes footage from the filming you've done for the Lynx games. We've watched it a few times, in fact. Itís saucy stuff...

Lucy: We wanted to harp back to that cheeky "Carry On" vibe. Still sexy, but tongue in cheek and fun for guys who are playing the games. It's a fun thing to do on a lunch hour I think.

JOE: Fun, but is it wise...?

Lucy: Oh yeah! Maybe I shouldn't be recommending people go on the site at work, but there's nothing ruder on there than lots of cleavage.

JOE: Talking of cleavage, do we take it that you've enjoyed making the most of your assets over the last few years?

Lucy: I never even thought about going into modelling until I was approached. It was never my career plan and at first I wasn't that comfortable with the idea, but a lot of my friends and family encouraged me to make the most of the opportunity to model and pointed out that if I didn't give it a go I may have later regretted not giving it a go. That was almost nine years ago.

I've had such an amazing experience seeing a lot of the world and meeting some really interesting people. Plus there's the bonus of not having to get up at 6 o'clock every morning to get ready to go to work. All in all it's been great given that it's something that I never planned and fell into.

JOE: And it all came about because some fella was eying you up on an English beach...

Lucy: I'd actually taken a sickie off work to accompany my friend Harriet who wanted to go to the beach when I was spotted by a local photographer who sent his pictures to the national newspapers and it all went from there.

I owe Harriet my career. Imagine Ė if I'd not gone to the beach I wouldn't be talking to you now.

JOE: Being able to string a coherent sentence together isn't something that's usually associated with models. Does it annoy you that models are general seen as being a bit thick? And do you need me to ask that question again, but a bit more slowly and without using the word "coherent"?

Lucy: Cheeky! Look, it really doesn't bother me. It probably bothers my friends and family more than it does me.

I'm in a job that people donít generally associate with intellect, which is something that can work to your advantage. People's expectations of us are really low, which means that if we meet people we don't have to do a lot to for them to say "Wow, you're a genius". A lot of the Page 3 and Nuts girls are actually very bright and very well educated.

JOE: Here at JOE we're always on the look-out for advice. What do you look for in a man Ė other than the obvious Irish wit and pasty sun-starved good looks.

Lucy: I like a man who's confident in themselves. You see very attractive girlfriends of these rich businessmen getting branded as gold diggers but there's something very attractive about a man who's driven. For me a man doesn't have to be materialistically rich, but they have to want to be successful in whatever they do.

I also think it's important that two people in a relationship have the same sense of humour. And personal hygiene is a biggy too. Big sweat patches are a bit of a no-no. Everyone sweats, but if you are a premature perspirer then there are products out there such as Lynx that can help you out.

I have a very good make-up artist that makes me look my best and I think we should all do our best to look our best.

JOE: You've been blessed with bountiful breasts. But have they ever got in the way? In the behind the scenes footage we've seen you seem to have a habit of spilling stuff over them.

Lucy: We were on a model trip and I did knock over my glass of wine with my breast. The poor waiter looked like he could do with a bit of Lynx as he tried to clean things up. He didn't really know what to do.

They can get in the way sometimes. And on that occasion it was a waste of a lovely glass of wine.
Poggy

Contributions: 579

Lucy Pinder Lynx ad campaignPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:06 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder Lynx ad campaign Reply with quote

I think the main point behind this is valid really. It's not the stupid degrading and objectiveness to women bit that I agree with. As why would a strong minded woman such as Lucy and many others who's done the Lynx adverts do them. It's not as though they are all mindless or been fooled. Everyone knows what a Lynx advert is.

No I think the bigger issue here was where the adverts was placed in some cases. I myself have seen one the dumb placement of a Lynx advert at the end of a street with a nursery, infants and junior school on it. So not the odd child would see it either. Then there is the placement of adverts on internet sites visited by youngsters. I'm totally behind the protection of the innocent. But I never agree with total banning of such as this. Maybe someone with a brain just saying "let's do the sensible thing and do a watershed and sensible placement of such adverts where kids are going to be fairly well protected" Britain been Britain though we have to go completely over the top. After all they only had 100 complaints to be fair out of how many people living in Britain?
EVISU

Contributions: 383

Lucy Pinder Lynx ad campaignPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:29 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder Lynx ad campaign Reply with quote

funny how u can still watch on youtube and other sites.

my guess is ASA just flexing there power etc

Roll Eyes bit late on the interview pigeon but nice find
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

Lucy Pinder Lynx ad campaignPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:17 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder Lynx ad campaign Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-kR2HMIP3w&feature=youtu.be
Hehe
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder Lynx ad campaignPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:35 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder Lynx ad campaign Reply with quote

EVISU wrote:
funny how u can still watch on youtube and other sites.

my guess is ASA just flexing there power etc

Youtube and other sites - including this one - are not subject to the ASA's ruling Smile

EVISU wrote:
Roll Eyes bit late on the interview pigeon but nice find

'Tis a bit, it never occurred to me to look on Irish sites when Lucy's campaign first came out Smile That Joe.ie site seems to be quite good actually! Smile

....Both Lucy and Lynx are to be congratulated on getting this response out so quickly Thumb Up!

Video: Lucy Pinder - Sorry from Lynx - HQ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: