Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star
Go to page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:31 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

Cracking feature of Lucy in the Star today Big Grin

Knew about it last night but due to being extremely busy haven't managed to get the pics up until now. Still. Never mind...

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/65714/LUCY-WINS-BABE-BATTLE/

This is the result of the Lucy vs. Jordan feature they published a few days ago. Naturally, Lucy aced the contest with 90% of the vote Big Grin - well what else would one possibly expect?

The resulting article is one of the most positive towards Lucy they have published for quite some time, and it is good to see. A complete contrast to the tissue of fabrication and distortion they printed recently twisting Lucy's words in her BB exit press conference to mean something she completely didn't say... and we can hope it will redress the balance.

We get some lovely pictures with it too Big Grin some from earlier this year, including ones we haven't seen before... and some excellent new ones too Big Grin it's not just a good article, it has given us more pictures than they usually do...

These are full size as they are, off the Star website:

These are from the newspaper...

Clicky piccies: (For those who don't know me, that means: click for full-size version.)

Last edited by Pigeon on Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Dib

Contributions: 276

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:07 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

Thank you, Pigeon... I still don't get use to call you Pigeon... but I will in no time.

Cloud 9
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:30 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

Greetings my friend, I see you made it Big Grin Just think of the avatar, you'll get used to it in no time Smile

...and here are the pics of Lucy from today's Star... One more from the set in yesterday's issue... and one of Lucy in the Star offices... looking if anything even more lovely with her clothes on Smile

And the accompanying article is indeed true this time... Lucy has tried to make this point in interviews and they haven't let her. Indeed they haven't "warned her off"... but they have cut footage and they have jiggered the interviews, you can see it when you watch (I've discovered I did manage to catch them on the repeats with my automatic recordings, I'll try and put them up tomorrow).

Good one Lucy Thumb Up!

Clicky piccies:

Last edited by Pigeon on Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Dib

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:32 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

I think Daily Star abuses the use of PhotoShop... Lucy is beauty as is, no need to PS her.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:07 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

Yeah, they do... but at least they haven't done anything to Lucy's eyes this time, that's the one that really gets me.

Today's headline on the front page heralds something of an antidote to yesterday's sensationalist and offensively misleading splash... although you'd have to be pretty thick to actually be misled, I don't think the average Star reader is exactly Brain of Britain.

I must admit I said some very rude words when I saw that... have they really gone as far as inventing that sort of story now? It was a great relief to read the article and find it didn't say anything of the sort.

The Star writers must be on some pretty bad acid to derive yesterday's headline from the content of the article, but the article itself wasn't so bad - whatever the Star may have done with it afterwards, Lucy was absolutely right to say what she did in her televised interviews. She did the right thing. The headline was dreadful, but the article itself does make Lucy look good for speaking out.

It's true that she didn't come over anything like as strongly in those interviews... they have selected quotes to make her look much more emphatic. But it is also true that the interviewer tried to move her on... they didn't want her to say it, they are trying to hide it, and it shouldn't be hidden.

The less said about the headline the better... but the article itself, while misrepresentational by means of the selective quoting, does present Lucy as a commendable person with a good conscience.

So it's good to see what they've done on the front today... "BB in new race row"... nearly the same word... picture of someone else, not Lucy, to accompany it... the article inside is kicking off about stuff which is going on inside the house at the moment, so naturally doesn't include Lucy.

It's even better to see what they've done inside Big Grin They've picked up on the Mirror's article. (Unless it was the other way round; the Mirror heard something of this and proceeded to get it all wrong... I think the timing does make that possible Wry)

They've got a big headline on page 19 - LUCY: Let me be PM Thumb Up!

When I read the Mirror article yesterday I was wondering what reforms she would propose... Flat rate tax was top of the list...

She's only gone and said exactly that Big Grin Good one Lucy Big Grin

And that she wants to do something about people having kids so they can get a free house... Good one again Big Grin

She looks lovely in the pictures too Big Grin

This one's only tiddly:

This one's a clicky piccy:

Last edited by Pigeon on Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Dib

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:14 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

Who is the other girl?
I assume is the interviewer.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:24 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

I'm not sure. The article is on the Star's "gossip column" page and it's presented as a "Lucy takes over the offices" thing, a bit like that rather fine shoot she did for Nuts a few years ago, so my guess is that she's the regular editor of the column.

I was hoping the text would have appeared on the Star website by now, but it hasn't, so here is the main part of the article... plus a "snippet"... I've deleted a Jordan reference because after Lucy's comments about not wanting to get into a slanging match I reckon that's just the Star stirring Wink

Last edited by Pigeon on Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:25 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

...aha. The Star website has now got the article up and it says the other lass is indeed the "regular"; her name is Charlie Morgan.

We get a better version of the small pic too Smile

Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:10 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

Tomorrow the Daily Star has a "beat the winter blues" feature.

It lists a bunch of reasons to be happy... and number 1 on the list is...

...yes, Lucy Big Grin

"Put a smile on everyone's face every day of the year", it says. Well, I can agree with that Big Grin

Unfortunately it's an old picture and not very large in the printed version but I do rather like this one... and I have a bigger version in the archives Wink

Clicky piccy:

Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:46 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

...and the article is now up on the Daily Star website Big Grin http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/66386/Happy-gloom-day-/

Lucy is also mentioned in another article (although not in the headline, and no pics) which says the MoD is wanting to ban trips by models to visit the British forces in the Middle East.

Why? Out of concern for their safety? Well I suppose that could be the real reason, it's certainly something that bothers me about Lucy doing that, their cultural values make her a target and all it takes is one katyusha into the base Cry

But the daft sensationalist Star has presented it as being nothing more than a "PC" desire to avoid offending them... We're at flipping war with them, they hate our guts already and having Lucy visit the troops is not exactly going to make any significant difference!

Not sure which is true really... The MoD one would expect to be more rational and more concerned over the safety of British civilians in a war zone than over PC-ness... but on the other hand they have already banned the painting of pictures of models on aircraft nose cones out of PC-ness, so it's hard to say.
Dib

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:38 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

The pic is great, thank you Pigeon... the only trouble is the always issue: What does DailyStar do with Lucy's eyes?

Grandad

BTW... I just read the article and I realized now every magazine address to Lucy as "The Celebrity B*g Br*ther babe" like she never did anything diferent before CBB-
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:32 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

Yeah, it's a shame isn't it Sad

They'll stop doing it eventually, though... after all, the second article doesn't say that about Danielle Lloyd, but she was at the centre of the massive row two years ago, along with Jade Goody, for being racist. If they forget about her being on it when she was at the centre of a massive row, they can certainly come to forget about Lucy when she was just being sweet.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:57 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

Well this has been one of those pleasantly interesting evenings.

One of those evenings where I went out but kept feeling twitchy about the time because Lucy was going to be in the Star...

And indeed she jolly well is Big Grin

Lovely picture on the front cover... and a very simple but very effective pose in a double page poster inside Big Grin

Clicky piccies:

Dib

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:33 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

Excelent pic.
Thank you Pigeon.

The second pic is absoutely fantastic. Even with the funny eyes.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:16 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

You'll be even happier tomorrow then Wink

Once again I have spent the evening waiting for the Star website to update, expecting Lucy to be in it...

Once again the expectation was accurate Big Grin

On the front cover is... not just any old picture of Lucy, but this one that we have already seen in the sneak peek for that cracking Nuts shoot in the 6th January issue Big Grin

Check back here in a few hours time Wink

Last edited by Pigeon on Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: