Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:06 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
Excellent publicity for Lucy Pinder and Lynx. The latter's publicity department must be jumping for joy.

I expect they probably are Hehe the story seems to be receiving far more publicity than the original campaign ever did. There is a certain schadenfreude at the complainers shooting themselves in the foot like that Smile

It's not such great publicity for Lucy, though, I've just read a great long thread about it on another forum (on which most of the members are middle-aged "professionals" of one kind or another) in which all but one of the posters (no, he isn't me Smile) are slagging Lucy off for not thinking of how her work "degrades women". It's a great shame Lucy isn't on that forum herself to point out how wrong they are.
Dionysus

Contributions: 47

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:11 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

I think we both know Lucy would be fully confident and able to defend her decision to work with Lynx. To admit that that particular assignment was guilty of 'objectifying women' would be to admit that Lucy's entire glamour modelling career was that of a series of assignments that objectified women.

The again, some feminists would argue that any glamour modelling is an act of objectification.

Self confidence in one's physical beauty and an ability to make money from that natural gift is a definite no no where the resentiment of some feminists are concerned. But then again, that particular feminist point of view is merely the expression of an elite privileged white middle class woman's view of the world. It offers very little comfort or practical help, and tends to patronise the working class and non white women of this world.
Dionysus

Contributions: 47

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:15 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

I will admit though, Lucy was guilty of being objectified yesterday when she agreed to appear on 'Richard Herring's Objective'. Wink
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:10 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

Well, well, well... after giving us a surprise pic of Malene at the weekend, the Star have now given us a surprise pic of Lucy Thumb Up! Even if the pic they've used is thoroughly ancient, it's still good to see Lucy in the paper again Big Grin

linkweed

Contributions: 1132

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:10 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

thats nice to see again, Thumb Up!. now, is the daily star the ones that Lucy shot for yet never released the pics? when thinking of that lost shoot i always confuse the Star and the Sport. and telling the two apart gets pretty blurry for me. im not familiar with either except the few tidbits i read on forums.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:21 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

The Star is the one in which Lucy's appearance launched her career Smile We seem to do fairly well on them releasing pics; though the selection is far from complete, we have HQs or HQ-ish-es of quite a lot of Lucy's Star pics.

The Sport, Lucy never shot for. They're the one which just nicked old pics off other publications. Then they went bust. (They've since been relaunched in a bi-weekly style, but I've not checked the relaunched version.)

If by "lost shoot" you mean the music shoot, then that wasn't for the Star as such, it was one of these "speculative" shoots done in the hope that some publication would go "oh wow" and buy it. Which since it's one of Lucy's best shoots ever they jolly well should have done, but they didn't. Dimwits. Apart from the Star which did use two of the pics, albeit the two least impressive ones from the entire shoot.
linkweed

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:36 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

ah ok so the old newspaper scans i use to see were more than likely from the Star. the Sport i guess i can erase from my memory Big Laugh.
as for that lost shoot, i had to dig back some pages but you mentioned it in March.
Pigeon wrote:
Look at this from Lucy's twitter feed just now Big Grin
Lucy wrote:
Good day shooting for the daily star

and unless im really off the ball today, the music shoot is from a few years back so that isnt the one, and we have yet to see any pics from her "latest" Star shoot.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:26 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

Oh, golly, I am ashamed of myself Hehe I'd totally forgotten about that... Indeed, yes, there's been not a peep about that shoot from March Sad
linkweed

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:49 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

well its only been 9 months, theres still hope. seems impractical to spend all that money to get Lucy to shoot for you and not try to make any bank on it. maybe there saving the pics for a rainy day Laugh
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:51 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

Ar, we can always hope, but it wouldn't be the only occasion they've taken a shoot and then never published it - whether with Lucy or with someone else. And there isn't a whole lot of money involved in page 3 - even for Lucy... its value to a model is more by way of publicity than financial.
Poggy

Contributions: 579

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:46 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

Or they are just sold on to another publication which then also doesn't always use them Sad
sexybeast

Contributions: 755

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:59 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

Seems like such a waste of time and money Thumb Down
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:43 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

Well guess what... Lucy is on the text-in page in the Star today Big Smile

With a Bennetts pic.

With a new Bennetts pic Big Grin

linkweed

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:49 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

next on their agenda, release old"new" shoot Hehe
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:16 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

Or "re-release old shoot pic even though we know they have more appropriate ones in their library"... Smile

This is the illustration on their webpage for their article about...

Lucy's appearance in Strippers vs Werewolves Thumb Up!

Shame about the unflattering description in the second sentence... surely a reference to Lucy's many Star appearances would have been better?

But great to see the coverage Smile

Here's the larger version of that pic which they printed on 10th February 2009...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: