Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:40 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

Well there's a new article about Lucy on the Star's website today Big Grin

It's a shame their standard of journalistic integrity is still at its usual essentially nonexistent level. We are all fully aware that Lucy did not "take a break" from modelling at the start of this year, and the picture accompanying the article most certainly isn't a Star exclusive, it's taken from Lucy's column in Nuts. Where do they get off with these stupid fabrications?

Still, it is undeniably great to see them further plugging her screen ambitions Thumb Up! even if that part of the article is a mixture of recycled material and invention, it's still good that they're providing the publicity Big Grin

She certainly would be good in her own comedy sketch show, Lucy definitely has the touch - she cracks me up when she's being silly Hehe - and it is something she has said she would like to do Big Smile

Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:40 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

...and here is the version of the pic from the paper Big Grin

RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:06 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

Nice
enigmatic319

Contributions: 55

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:28 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

She's still got it!
kilbs

Contributions: 214

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:21 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

Yeh shes still got it she never lost it Big Grin

cool article well it would be if it wasnt all made up. why cant they just write real stuff instead of making it up real stuff is more interesting so whats the point.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:43 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

It isn't all made up, it's about 50/50. The bit about "taking a break" and the claim that the pic is a Star exclusive are just stupid, anyone who reads Nuts knows instantly that neither of those is true and it just further spoils the Star's already minimal capability. And the bit about "in talks to have her own comedy sketch show commissioned" is also pretty daft, the idea that anyone who is relatively new to mainstream TV could just burst on the scene with their own comedy sketch show is ridiculously unrealistic - I for one would love it if Lucy did do that, but unfortunately it's just the Star extrapolating to the point of absurdity; the truth is that Lucy has said she would like to participate in a comedy sketch show, and that, as expressed by Lucy, is indeed realistically achievable.

The good thing about this article is simply that it is advertising Lucy's screen ambitions to a wider audience and hopefully arousing people's interest in seeing her fulfil them, or in seeing the results of her fulfilling them - and that is something which I am completely in favour of Big Smile

Totally agree with this though...

kilbs wrote:
why cant they just write real stuff instead of making it up real stuff is more interesting so whats the point.

There is an infuriating tendency for Lucy fans to be given the mushroom treatment and the Star don't really help, although they are far from the only guilty parties; one aim of this site is to try and alleviate the problem. It would indeed make for a far better article if they would simply report factually correct information about Lucy's progress towards achieving her screen ambitions instead of a scrofulous melange of fact and fiction - and what makes it worse is that they perfectly well could write a factually correct article were their staff and journalists not all hopelessly afflicted with pseudologia fantastica.
fan101

Contributions: 390

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:03 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

lucys back in daily star yes Thumb Up! Thumb Up!
sexybeast

Contributions: 755

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:17 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

sure the fans get the mushroom treatment...but thats simply because Lucy herself never conveys anything to her fans..forget this forum but how often does she communicate with the fans on her "official" forum...almost never...and its probably because she does not know any better or the people around her, whom she absolutely trusts and the ones so obviously controling everything are trying to create this air of exclusivity, without actually grasping the fact that the whole Lucy charm lies in the fact shes got no hang ups inspite of her popularity..its a sad state of affairs because i personally believe that if she really knew how strongly her fans feel about these things she would spend a good amount of time keeping us clued in
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:21 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

Thats an interesting comment sexybeast. I for 1 think Lucy could visit her own forum a little more often, she can't be that busy surely? As for her keeping us clued in. Lets just say... dont hold your breath.
sexybeast

Contributions: 755

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:37 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

Thanks Rocky...just let out that breath Smile...feel better already( u know i'm just messing with u) Hehe Hehe Hehe
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:56 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

sexybeast wrote:
sure the fans get the mushroom treatment...but thats simply because Lucy herself never conveys anything to her fans..forget this forum but how often does she communicate with the fans on her "official" forum...almost never...and its probably because she does not know any better or the people around her, whom she absolutely trusts and the ones so obviously controling everything are trying to create this air of exclusivity, without actually grasping the fact that the whole Lucy charm lies in the fact shes got no hang ups inspite of her popularity..its a sad state of affairs because i personally believe that if she really knew how strongly her fans feel about these things she would spend a good amount of time keeping us clued in

You make some good points there...

Particularly about "the people around her, whom she absolutely trusts and the ones so obviously controling everything"... that has disturbed me for a long time, and all the more so since the BB episode demonstrated that they are not worthy of that "absolute trust".

I think you are probably right that that is a factor in the infrequency of Lucy's contributions to the official forum. It also means that on the rare occasions when she does contribute it is likely to be subject to control/censorship and not, as we would like, an unbiased and true reflection of her actual thoughts. It is certainly true that verbatim quotes of Lucy's own words spoken on TV when she was speaking her mind unsupervised have been deleted from that forum for not fitting the "party line".

It is because of that factor that the Charlie Crocker radio interview was in some respects disappointing as Lucy was under supervision and not free to answer certain questions completely openly.

It is to a large extent because of that factor that we haven't seen any PAs for two years now - because when fans meet Lucy on her own in person there is nothing to interfere with her saying to them what she really thinks and wants to say and possibly contravening the "party line".

It is very noticeable that Lucy's holidays and modelling trips to foreign climes where she is in the company only of other model friends are of great personal benefit to her in terms of mental freedom as well as the obvious benefits of relaxation.

My own modus operandi is very firmly along the lines of never, ever, letting anyone at all, no matter how close they are to me, have even the slightest involvement in whatever it is I'm doing... because they invariably, absolutely without fail, mess it up or somehow cause the result to be suboptimal. It is unfortunate that Lucy is too inclined to trust people and believe them when they say they are doing something only for her benefit, and is thereby rendered susceptible to manipulation and control.

You are right that the "controllers" deliberately try to create an "air of exclusivity" - I think "exclusion" would be a better word - whereas Lucy herself is not like that, she herself does not try to pull the wool over people's eyes but is friendly, open and approachable.

I would feel much more at ease to see Lucy operating as a truly independent entity and doing everything for herself without anyone else being involved. Both her success and career progression, and the happiness of her fans, would benefit.
kilbs

Contributions: 214

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:04 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
Particularly about "the people around her, whom she absolutely trusts and the ones so obviously controling everything"... that has disturbed me for a long time, and all the more so since the BB episode demonstrated that they are not worthy of that "absolute trust".

Yeh too right like when I asked marcus why they were saying to keep voting her in when she said she wanted to get out. and he said they didnt know she wanted to get out dont be stupid mate the whole country knew she wanted to get out cos it was on tv so dont say you didnt know of course you did. they were trying to screw her up on purpose why else would they do the opposite of what she said she wants. and they didnt even give a s**t about that bastard coolio making her cry that proves they dont care about her its evil and the sooner she realises it the better. Mad
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:30 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

kilbs wrote:
and they didnt even give a s**t about that bastard coolio making her cry

Yes, I was absolutely disgusted with the reaction to that nasty little episode. Had that been my daughter I would have been straight down there as fast as my car could take me saying get her out right now or there will be blood. Not shrugging it off as if it didn't matter and encouraging people to try and keep her in there so she could be further bullied for sick people's enjoyment. That was utterly inexcusable.

Anyway, let's get this thread back on track now Smile Another article has appeared on the Star's website, all about how men like to look at topless women on the beach. Well, duh Smile - the important thing is they have chosen a pic of a rather cold-looking Lucy to headline it Big Grin

pogo

Contributions: 361

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:16 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Last edited by pogo on Tue May 29, 2012 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
fan101

Contributions: 390

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:22 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
kilbs wrote:
and they didnt even give a s**t about that bastard coolio making her cry

Yes, I was absolutely disgusted with the reaction to that nasty little episode. Had that been my daughter I would have been straight down there as fast as my car could take me saying get her out right now or there will be blood. Not shrugging it off as if it didn't matter and encouraging people to try and keep her in there so she could be further bullied for sick people's enjoyment. That was utterly inexcusable.

Anyway, let's get this thread back on track now Smile Another article has appeared on the Star's website, all about how men like to look at topless women on the beach. Well, duh Smile - the important thing is they have chosen a pic of a rather cold-looking Lucy to headline it Big Grin

duh daily star us guys like topless women on beaches Thumb Up! heck ANYWHERE Big Laugh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: