Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:28 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

Yeah I completely agree, I definately think it's possible, You shoudnt even compare Lucy with Katie, Jordan is I'm convinced 30% plastic... If not more! Lucys all natural, that's why shell be famous for decades to come and her popularity continues to grow Smile
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:38 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

Yeah, it pains me to do it, but it was a handy example to take in answer to your over-30 question Smile

Lucy will be famous for decades to come not only for being natural and infinitely better-looking, but for being an infinitely nicer person as well Wink she is the complete opposite, and both she in herself, and her popularity, are so much the better for that Smile
Poggy

Contributions: 579

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:12 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

There has been quite a few models that have gone past 30 and still appeared in magazines. Jo Guest, Adele Stephens are just two that come off the top of my head at this late hour.

I think the problem is with the newspapers. Magazines are more daring than them and see that beauty doesn't stop at a set age. Where as page 3 girls and glamour models in newspapers rarely appear after their mid twenties. Although Malene has not been doing badly.

The bigger issue I see at the moment though is the fact that the Star seems to have dropped just about all there big names. When was the last time we saw a run of Lucy, Lindsey, Eva, Sophie, etc in the Star. Now as I said before. I think this is due to cut backs in the funding for the top models on page 3. But surely if you put Lucy on page 3. It would be like when she appears in Nuts or other magazines, sales go up. The Star likes to call it's self number one for glamour still. Well there hasn't been much evidence to back up that statement IMO of late.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:06 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

Lucy does definitely boost sales of the Star. When she was making frequent appearances on the front page it was very noticeable that all the newsagents would sell out of the Star much earlier than they did on other days. Unfortunately this information only made its way back to the Star in highly attenuated form - the newsagents all under-ordered the Star and always sold out of it anyway, just that when Lucy was on the front they would sell out of it several hours sooner. So the phenomenon wouldn't be apparent to the Star from the lack of returned unsold copies, nor did the newsagents have advance warning of Lucy's appearance in time to order extra. Only the relatively small number of newsagents (I only found one in the whole town) who would order enough copies of the Star to have remaining stock at the end of the day would send any signal.

(Not the case for Nuts, though - nearly all the newsagents order enough to still have copies remaining at the end of the week... have only seen it sold out when Lucy's in it Big Smile so the extra sales of Lucy issues definitely are noticeable in that case.)

As for "number one for glamour", though, unfortunately as reported here the Star's editor took some bad acid or something and decided to "de-glamourise" the Star earlier this year. And as you say it shows... which has lost them a lot of sales to be sure. ("The news in it is all b******s anyway", writes a poster on another forum, "so I just buy it for the half-naked celebs".) Unfortunately again the signal from this has been lost as overall sales have been rising due to them undercutting the Sun... they would have risen faster, of course, had the Star also been competitive in terms of glamour content.

There is also the factor of management to consider... management push is cited as being behind the recent appearances of Francoise "Got The Boobs But That's All She's Got" "Face By Adobe" Boufhal. Most of the "big names" who have been so sadly missing for months on end are with Neon... and a "sit back and rely on repeat business" management strategy is not much use in this sort of situation. Many of the models who have been appearing in the Star recently are with... Girl Management. Lucy moves to Girl Management and well I never, looks like we've got a whole feature! Big Smile (OK, it's the Sunday Star, but that has been in a state of extended drought too.) Let us hope this is a herald of times changing for the better...
RockyMoney

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:28 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

Any pics of Lucy in the star recently? It's been a while since her last debut
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:13 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

Nope, still waiting for some more Sad

Here are some useful details to give them some feedback and let them know we want more Lucy...

Email: starletters@dailystar.co.uk

Text messages: text DSTAR followed by a space, then your name and comment, to 80088

By post: Daily Star
The Northern & Shell Building
Number 10 Lower Thames Street
London
EC3R 6EN

Phone and fax: Tel: 0871 434 1010 Fax: 020 7922 7960

The Star forum: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/forum/view/2527/LUCY-PINDER-45-Most-Wanted-Star-Babe/
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:33 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

A big thankyou to A. Lytham for writing in to the Star and telling them we're not seeing enough of Lucy Thumb Up!

As a result we have a repeat of this lovely picture for Saturday on the text-in page Big Grin

It is worth writing in Wink

RockyMoney

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:40 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

I do recall i wrote in as well!
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:44 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

You did indeed, I've already thanked you for that Big Grin
Chris

Contributions: 726

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:02 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

What the heck is wrong with her eyebrows? Looks like the Star colored them in themselves, which wouldn't surprise me.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:14 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

You're right... They did. They also did weird things to her actual eyes, but I've fixed that Smile
RockyMoney

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:51 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

Whoever did that should be ashamed! that's an epic photo shop fail!
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:58 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

I suspect the photoshopping one sees in the Star pics is mostly down to the photographer rather than the Star themselves. Pics by Jeany Savage seem to come in two versions, one which goes in the paper where Lucy's eyes have been messed with and one which goes on the website gallery which looks normal. Pics by Jens "Barbie is my darling" Wikholm look plastic in both versions. What really baffles me is how the people who do this sort of thing can manage to have such a different view of the photo from the people like us who actually end up looking at the final product.
Chris

Contributions: 726

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:43 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

I've got to disagree with ya, Pigeon. I've always thought "Star" pictures look photoshopped beyond. Anyway, I just can't believe people think those edited pictures are more attractive than the original shots. But, I guess these are the same people who enjoy rail-thin models, who's ribs you can count.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in the Daily StarPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:05 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in the Daily Star Reply with quote

I'm not sure we do disagree... I'm not saying that the Star's pics don't look photoshopped, just that a lot (though not all) of the photoshopping in them is down to the photographers rather than the paper itself... though I'll admit it's hard to separate Jeany Savage and the Star Smile And I'd say off the top of my head that Jens has been the source - via Popstar or Celebrity Pictures - of most of the Lucy pics in the Star that aren't by Jeany, and he certainly goes way OTT on the photoshopping, after all he was a photoshopper before he was a photographer.

Certainly agree on the edited versions not looking as good as the originals - indeed it appears that pretty well everyone who is aware of the photoshop factor thinks the same, which makes it all the more baffling that it's such common practice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: