Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazine
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 253, 254, 255  Next

Lucy Pinder's Nuts 26 November 2013 feature is here Big Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazinePosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:44 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazine Reply with quote

Here's the scan of Lucy from today's Nuts Big Smile

Apologies for any deficiencies in removing the caption. Since, having only one working eye, I can't see the 3D effect myself, I have to edit by means of a combination of guesswork and bodgery, and I have no idea how well the result actually works.

Further good news is that Lucy is doing the next appearance of the column Big Grin though the bad news is that it says "next time" rather than "next week". I was half expecting Lucy to be doing the column this week - I guess if the column had appeared last week, instead of the regular weekliness of it having apparently been abandoned again, she would have been...

This is a separation of the red and cyan components of the 3D image. It may be possible to see the 3D effect on this without using the specs, by holding a piece of cardboard edge on to your nose so each eye sees only one half of it. Again, I can't tell myself if this actually works... would be useful if someone could try it and let me know Smile

Here is a monochrome version in case that works better...

L1quid

Contributions: 37

Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazinePosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:07 pm    Subject: nope Reply with quote

No 3d effect for me but nice scans none the less, shame i was right and it was only 1 pic....
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazinePosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:41 pm    Subject: Re: nope Reply with quote

L1quid wrote:
No 3d effect for me

I think I did it wrong actually Blush I've edited the monochrome version, give it another crack now Smile
kilbs

Contributions: 214

Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazinePosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:01 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazine Reply with quote

I cant make it work maybe Im doing it wrong though. you know those fuzzy mad pics that are supposed to turn into something if you go cross eyed I can never make those work either.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazinePosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:12 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazine Reply with quote

I suppose these require a sort of related technique insofar as it requires you to let your eyes become "disconnected" from each other. The idea is to hold something to your nose so your left eye sees only the left image and your right eye only the right one, then try and focus your left eye on some defined point, say Lucy's right eye, in the left pic, and your right eye on Lucy's right eye in the right pic. Then relax and let your brain combine the two separate images and it should appear in 3D.

As I say though it's impossible for monocular me to test it personally so this is purely theoretical from my point of view.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazinePosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:08 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazine Reply with quote

...I've been looking around and here is some more stuff that might help.

This page recommends just looking at the image pair directly, without the piece of cardboard, and using the same sort of technique as I described in the previous post.

I was also most amused to find there is a method known as the Pigeon system ROFL which reverses one of the images and uses a mirror in place of the piece of cardboard - the idea being to allow your eyes to take up a more natural angle to each other. Like this:

Here is the monochrome image pair with the left hand image reversed to allow this method to be used:

Dice

Contributions: 123

Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazinePosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:28 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazine Reply with quote

been doing anaglyth work at uni, and will be doing more next year in my third year project, pity i cant use lucy as my topic Big Grin
Poggy

Contributions: 579

Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazinePosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:36 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazine Reply with quote

For me the 3D didn't really work on most of the picture. Most likely the same reason most the films on at the cinema don't work really in 3D. None of them was shot in 3D. One or two of them did have a little 3D effect on them. Sadly one of these wasn't Lucy's.

The cinema does this just to con money out of us. I hope Nuts attempt was for the same reason. As I'd have thought there sales was quite healthy.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazinePosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:22 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazine Reply with quote

I saw something the other day that their sales had dropped by something like 24% compared to last year Sad not good. Still ahead of Zoo though Smile

It does seem that this 3D issue is a gimmick jumping on the 3D films bandwagon. Hopefully it is just a one-off...

Question for people with two eyes: what do you actually see in terms of colour when you look at these pics through the specs? Does your brain merge the red and cyan components so as to show the pic in normal colour, or do you see it in some weird colour?
pogo

Contributions: 361

Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazinePosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:25 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazine Reply with quote

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Last edited by pogo on Tue May 29, 2012 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazinePosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:44 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazine Reply with quote

Yes, I too remember the last outburst of "anaglyph mania"... it tanked then, and as you say the technology hasn't changed, so what makes people think it won't tank now? Maybe it's down to an influx of youngsters who can't remember it tanking last time Grandad Hehe

Now if they could get the process for reproducing full-colour natural-light-viewable holograms to the point where it is feasible to include them in a magazine, that would make a huge difference Smile even if it was still more expensive than a normal print, I reckon people would pay a premium for a holographic magazine... especially one with Lucy in it Big Smile
L1quid

Contributions: 37

Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazinePosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:49 pm    Subject: yh Reply with quote

Yeah, the colours are all weird which kinda ruins the effect, since everything is dark and purpleish. hoographic lucy is something i would pay a lot for Big Grin

lets hope next time nuts learn thier lesson

WE WANT REAL 3d!
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazinePosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:54 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazine Reply with quote

Well they have read your comment on the previous page at least, so you never know Big Grin
Dice

Contributions: 123

Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazinePosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:01 pm    Subject: Re: yh Reply with quote

L1quid wrote:

WE WANT REAL 3d!

Lucy in person will be the best 3d! Big Grin

I find the red-cyan 3d tends to look blue when you look through the glasses. The cinema 3d is much better. But on that i think they should only use 3d cinema when it's been shot in 3d, computer effects afterwards dont really work.
pogo

Contributions: 361

Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazinePosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:42 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazine Reply with quote

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Last edited by pogo on Tue May 29, 2012 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: