Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazine
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 220, 221, 222 ... 253, 254, 255  Next

Lucy Pinder's Nuts 26 November 2013 feature is here Big Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falkner

Contributions: 33

Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazinePosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:53 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazine Reply with quote

Well, I'm new here, however I've been keeping a close eye on the site for quite a while. First off, Pigeon, holy smokes you do a fantastic job with this site! Thumb Up!
And of course, let me not forget the reason why we are all here, the beautiful Lucy. I just have to say how totally amazing she looks in this shoot, I mean, WOW Hehe
sexybeast

Contributions: 755

Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazinePosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:21 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazine Reply with quote

I know what you meant P...i'm just messing with you Big Laugh
EVISU

Contributions: 383

Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazinePosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:46 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazine Reply with quote

dunno if its me but pics arent great
EVISU

Contributions: 383

Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazinePosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:47 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazine Reply with quote

shoot good pics lacking
sexybeast

Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazinePosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:57 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazine Reply with quote

Noooo !!!! You did not really mean that, did you ?? Sad ..not my favourite Lucy shoot but it's awesome if you consider the past 3-4 years of artistic regression
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazinePosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:46 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazine Reply with quote

EVISU wrote:
dunno if its me but pics arent great

shoot good pics lacking

I don't think it's just you, I agree with you... Smile

It's been a problem not just with this shoot but the last few as well. Nuts seem to be letting the print quality of the magazine go to pot while they go barmy over bringing out electronic versions for the Censored ipad - which are even lower quality, half the size or less and beset with pixellation and compression artefacts.

Why is it that the computerised version of things which were established in a non-computerised format is always a half-assed cut-down version aimed at the lowest common denominator? Like music. Computerised music distribution is done on the increasingly irrelevant basis that minimum file size is the be-all and end-all and everything else - like the actual music - can go hang. So instead of full data rate recordings we get lossy compression - MP3s. The distortion introduced by MP3s is mathematically very similar to the distortion introduced by crappy speakers, so the people with crappy systems don't notice the difference. But the people who have chosen their systems for quality get left out in the cold.

Now we're seeing the same thing with Nuts. Quality being reduced on the basis that people looking at it on a crappy hand-held device won't notice the difference and the people who want it in proper quality don't matter.

What makes it worse is that doing an electronic version actually frees them from the quality limitations. It would be just as easy for them to include the pics as the full original UHQs. Easier, in fact, since they'd not have to bother cutting the quality down...

sexybeast wrote:
it's awesome if you consider the past 3-4 years of artistic regression

...And I thoroughly agree with this as well Thumb Up! from that point of view it's the best we've had for a very long time Clap

RockyMoney wrote:
Now all there has to be is some great Nuts videos which are hopefully topless ones. #PushingMyLuck?

Well here we are at the end of the second day and we still have no videos at all...

I have a horrible feeling things are going the opposite way Sad
Left_Hander

Contributions: 44

Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazinePosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:08 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazine Reply with quote

Hey everyone, been looking at this site for a while now and finally decided to join. Lucy's shoot in Nuts looks great! Some of the last few pics remind me of one of Sophie Howard's last shoots.
sexybeast

Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazinePosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:44 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazine Reply with quote

And the dumb-ass that i am i was actually hoping for her to make an exception and give us some topless videos this time around Screwy ...you're right P...things do seem to be going the wrong way Sad
linkweed

Contributions: 1132

Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazinePosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:56 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazine Reply with quote

If Lucy hadn't mentioned on twitter the other day that she had done a shoot with Nuts I would've thought these were Loaded outtakes. Which isn't a bad thing. Though that would explain the lack of vids. They'll probably turn up tomorrow now that I said that (hopefully) Hehe. Anyway, the shoot is great and considering the variety in shots hopefully it produces many outtakes. Funny how this has more diversity than any shoot from the members club Wink

Hopefully this trend of solo shoot's continues as they've been some of her best pics in recent memory.

Pigeon wrote:
The distortion introduced by MP3s is mathematically very similar to the distortion introduced by crappy speakers, so the people with crappy systems don't notice the difference. But the people who have chosen their systems for quality get left out in the cold.
Except in that case you can go out and buy the cd, whereas here you're stuck with a low quality digital issue or a low quality print issue. So your options are essentially: s**tty or shittier.
eazy_g

Contributions: 400

Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazinePosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:52 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazine Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:

Has that first pic been released yet in these? Wait I must have missed all 3 of these.
snowflake

Contributions: 663

Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazinePosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:35 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazine Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
Now we're seeing the same thing with Nuts. Quality being reduced on the basis that people looking at it on a crappy hand-held device won't notice the difference and the people who want it in proper quality don't matter.

Wry I was thinking it was a problem of scanning. Couldn't it be a problem of photoshoping rather than a problem of quality? The blooming, or deliberate vagueness effect, I don't know the real word, seems to be different depending to the pic, or some parts of the pics... Scratch Chin
I wouldn't understand: it can't cost more expensive to publish better quality on a paper magazine. Confused
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazinePosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:07 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazine Reply with quote

eazy_g wrote:
Has that first pic been released yet in these? Wait I must have missed all 3 of these.

All three of them are closely related to pics which appeared in the mag, but are not quite the same Smile Perhaps there is hope for them to appear in a Nuts website gallery Smile - although since we are still being stiffed on videos for this shoot, perhaps there is not Wry ...if that latter is the case, then Nuts are to be congratulated on getting those pics to us even in reduced form Smile

snowflake wrote:
Wry I was thinking it was a problem of scanning. Couldn't it be a problem of photoshoping rather than a problem of quality? The blooming, or deliberate vagueness effect, I don't know the real word, seems to be different depending to the pic, or some parts of the pics... Scratch Chin
I wouldn't understand: it can't cost more expensive to publish better quality on a paper magazine. Confused

Unfortunately it does, that's where the problem arises... the quality of the paper itself makes a difference and better paper is more expensive. As far as I can make out, what happens is that the paper is not uniformly absorbent or porous, so some parts of it either absorb more ink than other parts, or allow the ink they have absorbed to spread out more.

This results in a blotchy effect. The effect is worse on dark parts of the picture where more ink is involved, and also on pictures without much natural contrast between light and dark, as the variations in the blotches are greater in relation to the variations in the picture itself. To remove each blotch individually by hand would take about a week for each picture, so it simply has to be done by automatic methods, and unfortunately the automatic methods are not as good at distinguishing between unwanted blotching and genuine image detail as the human eye...

There is a related difficulty with pictures that are only half or quarter page sized, which many of these are... The details of the picture shrink with the picture, but the screen printing dots stay the same size, so the descreening algorithm has a harder time distinguishing between dots and details and does not produce such a good result.

As for the electronic versions... they are only half the size to begin with, and they are subjected to an excessive degree of lossy compression which results in artefacts on the image. They have the same sort of quality degradation that we are already familiar with in the electronic versions of Lucy's Daily Star pics, which are also grossly overcompressed. They are then scaled before display which results in pixellation, jaggies and more artefacts - and this extra degradation is reproduced when people post them to the internet, because most people do not have the technical knowledge to copy the raw images before scaling or indeed even to be aware that it is worth trying to do this. It's kind of ironic that it is actually less hassle to ptrace the reader, grab its core image and parse it to extract the unscaled original image data than it is to copy the further-degraded display versions directly - as long as you know how to do it Smile
Dice

Contributions: 123

Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazinePosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:21 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazine Reply with quote

I can understand why electronic copies have a lower quality, it's not just the screen size, its delivery. The storage space of a picture may not seem much, but when you have to a full magazine, every week, and deliver that too thousands the storage space and data traffic build up quite quickly, and thus the cost. And you can never help but think money is to do with Smile

It's a poor excuse, but I reckon compression is the main culprit. Doesnt mean the printed version should suffer though
Marty

Contributions: 562

Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazinePosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:12 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazine Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
It's kind of ironic that it is actually less hassle to ptrace the reader, grab its core image and parse it to extract the unscaled original image data than it is to copy the further-degraded display versions directly - as long as you know how to do it Smile

Ha ha, I followed all of P's post until this bit, it sounds like something Geordi would say on Star Trek: The Next Generation!
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazinePosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:08 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder in Nuts magazine Reply with quote

Hehe That was my point - I left the description of the method in terms of pure jargon to emphasise why most people aren't going to do it Smile

...On a less digressive note, there are indications that another Lucy Nuts shoot is already in the works Big Grin Thumb Up!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: