Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Lucy Pinder Damien Morley shoot 17-02-2012
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sexybeast

Contributions: 755

Lucy Pinder Damien Morley shoot 17-02-2012Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:54 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder Damien Morley shoot 17-02-2012 Reply with quote

Huh ???...what're u guys babbling about Confused ..i was so happy admiring my LUCY picture collection...u just had to kill my buzz Rage
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

Lucy Pinder Damien Morley shoot 17-02-2012Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:51 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder Damien Morley shoot 17-02-2012 Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOSseI1hao8 Hehe
sexybeast

Contributions: 755

Lucy Pinder Damien Morley shoot 17-02-2012Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:03 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder Damien Morley shoot 17-02-2012 Reply with quote

Big Laugh
snowflake

Contributions: 663

Lucy Pinder Damien Morley shoot 17-02-2012Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:50 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder Damien Morley shoot 17-02-2012 Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
You are absolutely right Snowflake Smile That is exactly what I thought about this pic...

It was even more obvious to me when I saw what had been done to it... it had been converted to black and white, and the contrast had been messed with to wash out all of Lucy's skin tones and show her as a flat, two-dimensional drawing of something Lucy-shaped, rather than as Lucy.

It wasn't Lucy. It was *awful*. There was nothing of Lucy left in it, no personality, no warmth, no attractiveness, it was completely empty and dead.

The whole point of pics of Lucy is they should be pics of Lucy! Smile The idea is to show her and her own beauty. This did not show anything of Lucy. It showed a thing that someone else had manufactured out of Lucy. Lucy's Lucyness had been removed from the pic and replaced with a blank, monochrome, robotic shape with no personality. A shop dummy in white plastic.
A sales pitch for the photographer, a promotion of his photoshopping ability at the expense of Lucy's own talent.

So I spent several hours trying to resurrect it... to recreate what was lost, to try and put Lucy back in her own picture, to make it hers, a creation of her rather than a thing someone else used her to make.

Shock You certainly can't imagine how i am touched by the second sense of all your sentences! Roll Eyes
The color and the monochrome, the human and the robotic, the person and the no personality, the beauty and the thing, the lucyness and the lucyless, the light and the darkness. That you search and that you fear or hide. That you lost and that you try to refind, to resurrect...
Roll Eyes
RPTGB

Contributions: 5

Lucy Pinder Damien Morley shoot 17-02-2012Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:59 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder Damien Morley shoot 17-02-2012 Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
The B&W version isn't on here because I'm trying to present Lucy, not someone else's artificial creation... Same reason as I don't endorse the plastic-perfection BS replacement for Lucy that the official site exhorts people to worship in place of the real one Smile

As I mentioned, I consider that if I post the colour photo then people do have the choice of seeing it in B&W... there is plenty of free software out there that can convert it, which takes a couple of seconds and requires zero skill beyond the ability to click a mouse Smile But I've PMed it to you anyway Smile

To be fair, I think there may be a danger of overthinking the photographers original intentions with a picture like this. To me, it looks like the photographer was simply shooting in a style that would enable him to mimic the old style hand tinted pin up snaps if the fifties and early sixties. I appreciate, as the owner of this site that you prefer the "pure" image of Lucy in her photos, and that's perfectly fine. What we should also appreciate though is that for the man behind the camera, photography is HIS art and he can produce the subject if his art in whatever manner suits him, it just so happens that in this instance, his subject happens ti be Lucy...who still looks gorgeous, regardless of the filter lens or Photoshop Action used on the final image.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder Damien Morley shoot 17-02-2012Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:16 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder Damien Morley shoot 17-02-2012 Reply with quote

Oh, sure, there is no "right" answer in this case, there cannot be one in a discussion of art Smile I'm not trying to argue a factual case here or anything, I'm just expounding my feelings on something which I have particularly strong feelings about Smile

I'm not having a go at the photographer, either, even if it looks like it Smile Damien Morley is one of the very rare jewels of the glamour photography world who explicitly acknowledge that Lucy does not need photoshopping, and his other work in this thread is excellent proof of the correctness of this view Big Grin Those other pics with their lack of photoshopping are like a draught of water in the desert and I would love there to be a lot more of that sort of thing Smile it's just this particular piece I'm complaining about.

I think what's really got me wound up is that the photo in the form it was originally published - black and white, toneless, and plastered from top to bottom with watermarks and logos - does succeed as a work of art, and succeeds very well, in an interpretation which probably was not intended...

It is a very effective depiction of Lucy with her soul in a coma, her vitality suppressed, her individuality subsumed into a morass of unsuitable ideas which originate with other people and insert themselves into Lucy under the masquerade of being her own, like a virus inserting its genetic material into a host cell. Lucy as no longer Lucy but as a husk of Lucy assimilated by the Borg.

Since this is exactly what has been happening to her over the last few years, to my increasing disquiet, it's hardly surprising that when the Borg puts that image out by way of actual official propaganda I find it sharply painful...
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder Damien Morley shoot 17-02-2012Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:39 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder Damien Morley shoot 17-02-2012 Reply with quote

Anyway, enough of that, here are the final two HQs from this set Smile

tford

Contributions: 363

Lucy Pinder Damien Morley shoot 17-02-2012Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:07 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder Damien Morley shoot 17-02-2012 Reply with quote

I'm in complete and utter bliss right now.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder Damien Morley shoot 17-02-2012Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:57 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder Damien Morley shoot 17-02-2012 Reply with quote

Another one from today Big Smile

Chris

Contributions: 726

Lucy Pinder Damien Morley shoot 17-02-2012Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:08 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder Damien Morley shoot 17-02-2012 Reply with quote

Always nice to see more from this shoot!
linkweed

Contributions: 1132

Lucy Pinder Damien Morley shoot 17-02-2012Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:33 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder Damien Morley shoot 17-02-2012 Reply with quote

Good pic Thumb Up!
And could they have gone more overboard with the watermarks? Screwy
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder Damien Morley shoot 17-02-2012Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:08 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder Damien Morley shoot 17-02-2012 Reply with quote

linkweed wrote:
And could they have gone more overboard with the watermarks? Screwy

I know! It's crackers. They appear to want people to pass it around for promotional reasons. But who's going to pass it around with that rubbish blurged all over the entire image area? Writing on Lucy's face and everything Roll Eyes

Watermarks are just another example of what you get when people treat conventions as if they were God. People who believe in watermarks are as impervious to criticism and argument as religious fanatics. They carry on using them because That Is How Things Are Done and refuse to even consider any suggestion that things might be better if they were done differently - no matter how many times you prove them to be futile because they can always be edited off, no matter how many people agree that the pic is ruined by having them on, you can't make them even acknowledge that you spoke, let alone actually think about the matter.

This sort of thing is all too common in the glamour world - the "lose weight, be skinny, show bones and stuff" thing is probably the most egregious example - and it is bleeding daft; moreover, not only do they determinedly ignore feedback, some sectors deliberately suppress it. Example being the first incarnation of the mobile site, which was deliberately kept secret in order to prevent people having the opportunity to say it was a bad idea until it was too late. Problem is it's so endemic everyone does it and so a business practice which wouldn't last five minutes in the real world is artificially fostered, to everyone's detriment, models, fans and all the other hangers-on. What is needed is someone to break the mould, to stand up and say no, it doesn't have to be like that, we can make an effort to listen to what the customers say and give them what they want and it'll be more successful if we do. Lucy with her fame could hardly be better placed to do this, but does anyone actually see that happening...? Sad
eazy_g

Contributions: 400

Lucy Pinder Damien Morley shoot 17-02-2012Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:02 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder Damien Morley shoot 17-02-2012 Reply with quote

I love that pic, her boobs are bigger it seems
Pinderlust

Contributions: 431

Lucy Pinder Damien Morley shoot 17-02-2012Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:40 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder Damien Morley shoot 17-02-2012 Reply with quote

Lovely pic! Cloud 9

Lucy looking at her very best and healthiest Big Smile

Notice the witch's hat in the background? Halloween shoot? If so, great, as it is Halloween in a few days Thumb Up!
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

Lucy Pinder Damien Morley shoot 17-02-2012Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:04 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder Damien Morley shoot 17-02-2012 Reply with quote

Great pic. Looking forward to what the new site has to offer Thumb Up!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: