Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Lucy Pinder - Celebrity Paws Cats Protection Auction
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

Lucy Pinder - Celebrity Paws Cats Protection AuctionPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:30 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Celebrity Paws Cats Protection Auction Reply with quote

The Cats Protection League have an annual auction, "Celebrity Paws", where various famous supporters donate paw-(hand-)themed artwork to be sold to raise money for the CPL. The auction is held in December.

This year one of the famous supporters is Lucy and just look at the amazing drawing she has donated Big Grin

RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

Lucy Pinder - Celebrity Paws Cats Protection AuctionPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:56 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Celebrity Paws Cats Protection Auction Reply with quote

Nice to see Lucy showing her artistic talent again Smile You say the auction is in December, web auction? Thumb Up!
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder - Celebrity Paws Cats Protection AuctionPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:13 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Celebrity Paws Cats Protection Auction Reply with quote

Yes... I think it's on ebay, not entirely sure though because there isn't anything about this year's on the CPL website yet. I'll be sure to let everyone know once something shows up Smile
pogo

Contributions: 361

Lucy Pinder - Celebrity Paws Cats Protection AuctionPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:17 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Celebrity Paws Cats Protection Auction Reply with quote

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Le 5e metacarpien

Contributions: 157

Lucy Pinder - Celebrity Paws Cats Protection AuctionPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:56 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Celebrity Paws Cats Protection Auction Reply with quote

Really nice work! She proves that she's got many talents!
snowflake

Contributions: 665

Lucy Pinder - Celebrity Paws Cats Protection AuctionPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:19 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Celebrity Paws Cats Protection Auction Reply with quote

I think she needn't prove anything...
There are each time good original ideas in her head to express something by painting, it's a fact, and it's a pity she doesn't express in modeling like she can do with a brush. Roll Eyes
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder - Celebrity Paws Cats Protection AuctionPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:37 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Celebrity Paws Cats Protection Auction Reply with quote

Oh but she does Wink The difference is that when painting/drawing Lucy is expressing her own ideas, whereas in modelling she's by and large expressing someone else's... and of course, when the ideas are someone else's, they aren't as good Big Smile
RockyMoney

Lucy Pinder - Celebrity Paws Cats Protection AuctionPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:28 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Celebrity Paws Cats Protection Auction Reply with quote

I for one think its a very nice drawing which requires artistic talent, something I lack, completely Hehe When the auction starts I shall be bidding, this time to hopefully win Smile
snowflake

Contributions: 665

Lucy Pinder - Celebrity Paws Cats Protection AuctionPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:28 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Celebrity Paws Cats Protection Auction Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
Oh but she does Wink The difference is that when painting/drawing Lucy is expressing her own ideas, whereas in modelling she's by and large expressing someone else's... and of course, when the ideas are someone else's, they aren't as good Big Smile

You reckon? Maybe i see what you mean.
So far, i've only seen drawings/paintings monochrome, rich in symbolism, with a good technics control, with a great innocence in the details carrying out. Maybe the Ursula Andress theme (draw & shoot) was the more deliberated and faithfull expression to her style in glamour shooting. Cloud 9
Out of the fact i think that how she expresses by the brush corresponds the better in candids and false candids (dressed or stripped), Anna Fowlers' dressed and B&W pics, it's right to admit that today the rest is only acting, isn'it? And it's right her way of acting could correspond to her drawing expression! Idea
So let me say i just feel something restrained in all that. The "cage" is maybe not outside of LP but inside of me. Shrug

RockyMoney wrote:
I for one think its a very nice drawing which requires artistic talent, something I lack, completely When the auction starts I shall be bidding, this time to hopefully win

Good luck! Wink
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder - Celebrity Paws Cats Protection AuctionPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:22 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Celebrity Paws Cats Protection Auction Reply with quote

Modelling is indeed a form of static acting. And one measure of a good actress is that she can make even rubbish parts look good (cf. for example Meryl Streep in "Death Becomes Her"). Smile
RockyMoney

Lucy Pinder - Celebrity Paws Cats Protection AuctionPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:43 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Celebrity Paws Cats Protection Auction Reply with quote

Hehe
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder - Celebrity Paws Cats Protection AuctionPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:21 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Celebrity Paws Cats Protection Auction Reply with quote

...Looking at the excellent response Rosie and Stacey are getting with their twitter auctions of MarvTMartian's drawings, it makes me think that Lucy ought to twitter-auct some of her work for Help for Heroes or something of the kind Smile Seems the twitter approach works just as well as ebay but without all the hassle Smile
RockyMoney

Lucy Pinder - Celebrity Paws Cats Protection AuctionPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:08 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Celebrity Paws Cats Protection Auction Reply with quote

http://www.theredpages.co.uk/News/CelebrityNews/gpK/Cats-Protection-unveils-2011-Celebrity-Paws-auction
It appears we have some more info on the auction Smile
RockyMoney

Lucy Pinder - Celebrity Paws Cats Protection AuctionPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:09 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Celebrity Paws Cats Protection Auction Reply with quote

http://www.cats.org.uk/get-involved/celebrity-paws-menu/what-we-do-celebrity-paws/meet-lucy-pinder/

Quote:
Judging by the quality of the paw print she has provided for this auction, she has an incredible talent for art

Very true Thumb Up!
EVISU

Contributions: 383

Lucy Pinder - Celebrity Paws Cats Protection AuctionPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:18 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Celebrity Paws Cats Protection Auction Reply with quote

nice but wouldnt trying to stop chilldren starving be better then helping a pet,

but saying that poeple been trying to do that for years before they even thought of cats

but both counts are important, itll take awhile before anything happens which is sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: