Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Lucy Pinder - Back Street Heroine
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Lucy Pinder - Back Street HeroinePosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:29 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Back Street Heroine Reply with quote

Poggy wrote:
But wouldn't Michelle have had the same make-up artist in that shoot then if that was the case? As her make-up doesn't look over done.

It happens quite a lot. That is that a model sometimes has to do her own make-up. As the budget doesn't stretch to a artist. Even more so for the bigger models at the moment. So my theory on it was that Lucy wasn't quite sure of the look they wanted. So it became a sort of mismatch.

I think my theory starts off the same as yours and then diverges Hehe I chose that particular pic as it seems the most "exaggerated" example, but there's some kind of mismatch in pretty well every shoot of Lucy with a bike. The Bennetts pics, for example, are like it too - they, these BSH ones, and the Ducati ones all have a mismatch; not the same mismatch on the surface, but it has the same effect.

My take on it is that Lucy's distinctive natural "classy" look doesn't overlap much with the "biker" look, and the stylists being used to working with models in general who don't have that strong natural "classy" look are not quite sure what to do when they have Lucy as a subject, so they try a variation on what they think conventionally suits a brunette, and it doesn't work.

I think that if Lucy and Michelle had been doing their own makeup for the Ducati pics, it would have been a joint effort Smile so even if Lucy had been unsure she would have had Michelle's feedback to help her. The difference in makeup says to me that it was a stylist who knew what to do with Michelle but was a bit at a loss when it came to Lucy Smile

A more successful approach, I suspect, would be to think in terms of Bond girls on bikes. Lucy has a corking awareness of style - as her "candids" show - and I think if she was doing her own styling/makeup for a bike shoot she would see that approach, or something like it. That's why I'd like to see a "modern" Lucy-and-bike shoot - I think the results would be stunning Big Smile

Poggy wrote:
All this got me to contact a old contact in the business. She told me that most the top models in order to find work and keep the higher pay packet are either doing their own make-up or training to do so.

Lucy certainly is, for some time now... not all the time though.

Poggy wrote:
She also confirmed to me that the DS has massively cut their budget on Page 3. Hence why we are only seeing the new or lower models on it. I'm told this is not only going to be a temp thing either Thumb Down

Aargh BangHead

There does seem to be an unpleasant element of pricing-out-of-the-market creeping in here... somewhat disturbing. Quality costs... always has, always will... let us hope that things pick up soon, is about all I can say Wry
Poggy

Contributions: 581

Lucy Pinder - Back Street HeroinePosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:11 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Back Street Heroine Reply with quote

Pigeon I don't know how many bike mags you've read. I have seen a lot been a biker for the last 15 years. They have various styles of shoots with the models.....especially BSH. They have done most things in there shoots and most brunette, natural or not can come out looking good or bad. I still do believe it is because these was early in Lucy's career and maybe not sure of what style they wanted.

I have seen in just BSH alone...
Bikini, lingerie, classic dress, jeans, business, etc style shoots. A lot of them coming off great. On a scale I'd ninety percent of there shoots work. But as we all know the are times when some don't.

I think that if Lucy did another bike shoot now then with her experience now, it would be pulled off. Lucy has the look of the biker chick at times in some of her shoots. Lots of leather or tough look like she has done in some recent if not passed shoots.

So we might just have to agree to differ on this one.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder - Back Street HeroinePosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:17 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Back Street Heroine Reply with quote

Oh, I think we agree on the important bit Big Smile

Poggy wrote:
I think that if Lucy did another bike shoot now then with her experience now, it would be pulled off. Lucy has the look of the biker chick at times in some of her shoots. Lots of leather or tough look like she has done in some recent if not passed shoots.
Random_dude365

Contributions: 324

Lucy Pinder - Back Street HeroinePosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:08 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Back Street Heroine Reply with quote

O my god what was she thinking agreeing to this mess

paulb11

Contributions: 140

Lucy Pinder - Back Street HeroinePosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:51 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Back Street Heroine Reply with quote

Well Lucy was probably thinking, 'What's this all about?'. Very, very early in her career, she was just learning the ropes. Before she teamed with Michelle, who i think taught Lucy a fair bit about the industry.
Random_dude365

Lucy Pinder - Back Street HeroinePosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:56 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Back Street Heroine Reply with quote

paulb11 wrote:
Well Lucy was probably thinking, 'What's this all about?'. Very, very early in her career, she was just learning the ropes. Before she teamed with Michelle, who i think taught Lucy a fair bit about the industry.

Yeah sure:)
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder - Back Street HeroinePosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:01 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Back Street Heroine Reply with quote

Sure indeed Smile she was still really "testing the water" at that time and hadn't really found "her style" yet.

Though as I said I think the slightly dishevelled style looks good on her Smile makeup not the best but overall I reckon it works Smile
Random_dude365

Lucy Pinder - Back Street HeroinePosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:06 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Back Street Heroine Reply with quote

What is "her style"?
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder - Back Street HeroinePosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:20 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder - Back Street Heroine Reply with quote

Can't put it any better than "what works for her" Smile but Lucy being the genius that she is it didn't take her that long to figure it out, the common element in pretty well everything she has done from, well, just after that shoot onwards really.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: