Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Lucy Pinder at Snickers promo party 26-02-09
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kilbs

Contributions: 214

Lucy Pinder at Snickers promo party 26-02-09Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:04 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder at Snickers promo party 26-02-09 Reply with quote

Youre dead right Pigeon I seen all the stuff over there its noting like what everyone was saying, I dont watch bb I only found Lucy was on it cos everyone was saying how crap she was Sad and theyre dead weird about it I asked Marcus why they diodnt try to vote her out when she said she didnt like it and he said a load of rubbish it didnt make sense. he said they werent going to listen to what she said when there was noone there to do her head in and make her say what they wanted. sort of he didnt say that but thats what he meant. its really horrible hope she finds out about it.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

Lucy Pinder at Snickers promo party 26-02-09Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:04 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder at Snickers promo party 26-02-09 Reply with quote

Hah, yes, I did see your "Jeremy Paxman" on Marcus Smile it's one of my "acquisitions" that I have actually bothered to keep a copy of. You are either very brave or well blessed with beginners' luck Wink ...but well done, anyway! And you are right, it doesn't make sense...

kilbs wrote:
Marcus Jordan wrote:
Well, of course all we could go on was what Lucy said BEFORE she went into the house, what with here being sealed off from the outside world while she was in there.

but Marcus she was on tv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I take it you gave up questioning at that point because you had deduced that "they werent going to listen to what she said when there was noone there to do her head in and make her say what they wanted"? I'm not sure I'd quite put it like that but there is definite evidence of some kind of hidden agenda which does not correspond with what is best for Lucy.

She was certainly not "sealed off from the outside world", quite the reverse, everything she said and did was transmitted to the outside world on national TV. The outside world was sealed off from her, but so what... they could still hear her, and not being able to speak to her in return is no justification at all for ignoring what she says.

Several million people knew Lucy wanted to go home, so to claim that they didn't know what she really wanted is just stupid. They knew perfectly well, but for some unknown reason were determined to ignore it and carry on with some alternative agenda. Even paulb got the ignorant treatment when he asked if given that Lucy had said she wanted to go home one should vote her out... not only is it contrary to what Lucy herself was saying, it's flipping rude to paulb in particular and to everyone else too.

Yet it is totally clear what Lucy wanted, she was "over the moon" (her words) to be out and had no regrets at all... In one of the TV interviews afterwards the interviewer said to Lucy "[your fans] didn't love you enough to keep you in?" Lucy replied "No, they love me enough to get me out". I posted that quote but it got deleted... they were still propagandising in favour of voting-Lucy-in-being-a-good-thing even after she had expressed gratitude to an audience of several million for being voted out.

You mention "doing her head in"; Lucy said on the Charlie Crocker radio interview that once she was in there she "came to her senses"... She also said she'd been "resisting it for years" and indicated that only the leverage of having a massive tax bill to pay had tipped the balance. But it wasn't only that. She took the decision after receiving loads of advice... all of it bad and grossly irresponsible. Whether one could say it "did her head in" is moot, but it is certainly true that it strongly influenced her decision.

But perhaps the most compelling evidence of deep wrongness is the point at which Lucy broke down and cried because she was having such a s**t time... and they still kept chivvying people to vote her in. I knew about that before it was actually transmitted, and had it been my daughter in that position she would have been out of there as fast as I could get my car down to Elstree and Coolio would have been in hospital. I was absolutely disgusted by the reaction to that episode and if ever there was proof there was something deeply wrong with the whole affair that is it.

However there was more recently Lucy's appearance on the Tim Shaw show; her comments on that seem to indicate that her retrospective assessment is changing in the direction of greater realism; pulling the wool over Lucy's eyes is not a trivial task and one that is surely doomed to failure in the long run.

Which is good Smile

...BTW I'm sure I don't need to remind you not to post anything along these lines over there, if you value your continued membership...
kilbs

Contributions: 214

Lucy Pinder at Snickers promo party 26-02-09Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:33 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder at Snickers promo party 26-02-09 Reply with quote

Yeh I know I want to ask them why they lied to Lucy but I dont want to get banned for it. dont suppose you know do you/

glad shes not in this weeks nuts thing anyway.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

Lucy Pinder at Snickers promo party 26-02-09Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:59 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder at Snickers promo party 26-02-09 Reply with quote

kilbs wrote:
Yeh I know I want to ask them why they lied to Lucy but I dont want to get banned for it. dont suppose you know do you/

Wish I did mate Sad

kilbs wrote:
glad shes not in this weeks nuts thing anyway.

It must be said that she was in a massive and much-welcomed feature last week Big Grin so a repeat appearance was unlikely anyway...

But it is also true that Nuts have got their head screwed on and know what sells the mag and what doesn't. They are well aware that referring to something in which an audience of several million - ten or twenty times their circulation - almost universally thought Lucy was s**t (and used that word), is not going to be of any help to their sales, so while they make the odd passing reference they very sensibly avoid using it as a selling point.

The Daily Star, indeed, exhibit a similar degree of intelligence... they seem to have learned their lesson, that all the hype they came out with saying Lucy was going to do things she'd never do in a million years was just shooting themselves in the foot. It didn't take them all that long to realise that it absolutely was not the sales boost they thought it would be.
tford

Contributions: 363

Lucy Pinder at Snickers promo party 26-02-09Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:14 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder at Snickers promo party 26-02-09 Reply with quote

Hadn't seen a lot of these pics before some hidden gems that dress is fairly conservative but it looks great on her.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: