Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Lucy Pinder 1, Marina Hyde 0
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Lucy Pinder 1, Marina Hyde 0Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:22 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder 1, Marina Hyde 0 Reply with quote

Lucy has been on top form on twitter today Thumb Up!

An article by Marina Hyde in the Guardian seems at first to be making a perfectly valid point - that tabloids illustrating stories on the murder of Reeva Steenkamp with sexy pics of her are being crass and tasteless, only interested in reporting the murder as an excuse to print bikini pics.

Unfortunately Marina Hyde fails to stick to this initial point. The article soon loses focus and degenerates into yet more tedious bitching about the existence of Page 3, culminating in the slagging off of Page 3 models with the phrase "...cheap tits, attached to downmarket scrubbers so guilelessly keen to show you them..."

Not surprisingly, this attracted adverse comment from several models, whereupon Marina Hyde proceeded to make matters worse by treating them like children and trying to pass the blame to Murdoch by claiming she was merely parodying what she thinks he thinks.

At this point Lucy made a very important point...

Lucy wrote:
@MarinaHyde Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think your initial point in your article wasn't a direct attack on page 3 girls but the hypocrisy of nudity & class within the media.But poor choice of wording & subsequent patronising tweets are undermining your initial point

In response to which Marina Hyde committed the standard fault of being too hung up on her own self-importance to listen to what was being said to her, and proceeded to further shoot herself in the foot by replying with more patronising sarcasm...

Marina Hyde wrote:
@LPinderOfficial Lucy, pleasure as it is to take writing lessons from you, I've got to stick to my guns on this one.

Oh Marina, don't be such a Princess. You are a poor Ambassador for the cause of responsible journalism... at this rate you'll end up writing for the Metro, you would do better if you did take some writing lessons from Lucy, and molto Allegro too Smile

Lucy is bang on the money... Marina Hyde, by digressing from the ostensible subject of the article (ie. crassly inappropriate reporting of a murder) into insulting people who have nothing to do with that subject (and who, being reasonable people themselves, more than likely agree about it), and then insulting them further when they quite naturally object to such unreasonable remarks, not only diverts attention from and weakens her comments on that original point, but ends up making it obvious what her own real purpose in writing the article is...

Marina Hyde is just as guilty as the tabloids she professes to decry of misappropriating the news of Reeva Steenkamp's murder for her own purposes. The Sun uses it as an excuse to print bikini pics; Marina then uses the whole thing as an excuse for yet more tedious repetition of the standard tired pointless whining about page 3.

Lucy then posted a link to this Huffington Post article which attacks the original Guardian article. It is a shame that it had to have been written by the managing editor of the Sun, since that has resulted in yet more point-missing and viewing of the whole thing as a Sun-vs-Guardian spat by the people replying in the comments.
Marty

Contributions: 562

Lucy Pinder 1, Marina Hyde 0Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:21 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder 1, Marina Hyde 0 Reply with quote

People moan about Twitter being pointless, but at least it gives people like Lucy a chance to defend their profession, and in this case, make the professional journalist look like a "dumbass"

I actually read the initial article and it did make a valid point, but why that led on to the Page 3 argument again is beyond me.

I've never really understood this argument about Page 3, if you don't like it, don't buy the paper, simple as that, it's not like there aren't alternatives.

I can kind of understand where the anti-Page 3 argument comes from, that it's degrading the female sex etc. but everyone is entitled to their own opinion/views and if these girls don't have a problem with it, whose business is it but their own? I don't believe in God but I wouldn't dream of slagging someone else off about their own beliefs, just as long as they don't try and ram it down my throat or slag me off for not believing, which is what people like Marina Hyde are trying to do with their anti-Page 3 opinions.

Some people clearly have it in for these young girls simply because they are lucky enough to be able to use their good looks to make a decent wage for themselves. How many people can say they get to go to Barbados and spend time on the beach, whilst getting paid for it?
sexybeast

Contributions: 755

Lucy Pinder 1, Marina Hyde 0Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:54 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder 1, Marina Hyde 0 Reply with quote

And who is Marina Hyde ? Sorry but i don't live in UK..i know LUCY PINDER.. who is this Marina lady..is she someone important?... someone i should know about ?
snowflake

Contributions: 663

Lucy Pinder 1, Marina Hyde 0Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:39 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder 1, Marina Hyde 0 Reply with quote

I am neither for, nor against Page 3.
I don't support the Lucy's arguments, too much superficial (for me). The real good point is that this topic is very sensitive for her and makes her express with her real face. Cloud 9
I think MH had the right to comment against page3 if she wanted, as we are right not to be agreed and express it. I'm not sure Lucy has a point better than MH.
Instead of opposing herself each time, Lucy should try to establish a better dialog with anti-page3 people for better understanding them, instead of fearing them. She's adult now! Smile
EVISU

Contributions: 383

Lucy Pinder 1, Marina Hyde 0Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:39 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder 1, Marina Hyde 0 Reply with quote

Vomit
sexybeast

Lucy Pinder 1, Marina Hyde 0Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:58 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder 1, Marina Hyde 0 Reply with quote

Seriously P ??????? Really Shrug ...you know what i'm talking about..check the date again Silly
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder 1, Marina Hyde 0Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:17 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder 1, Marina Hyde 0 Reply with quote

Sorry... what??? Confused I haven't got a scooby, I was wondering if you'd posted in the wrong thread by mistake... Date? 27th Feb now, 15th when the article appeared... not 1st April... neither date has any particular Lucy-related significance that I know of... Bird is baffled bird Smile
sexybeast

Lucy Pinder 1, Marina Hyde 0Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:36 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder 1, Marina Hyde 0 Reply with quote

Well i only said check the date Hehe ...i'm bored Shrug ..needed to kill some time ROFL
Marty

Contributions: 562

Lucy Pinder 1, Marina Hyde 0Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:40 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder 1, Marina Hyde 0 Reply with quote

sexybeast wrote:
Well i only said check the date Hehe ...i'm bored Shrug ..needed to kill some time ROFL

Have you been drinking? I think you confused more than just Pigeon! Hehe
sexybeast

Lucy Pinder 1, Marina Hyde 0Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:46 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder 1, Marina Hyde 0 Reply with quote

Big Laugh ...but no i'm neither confused nor drunk...just plain killing time...can't sleep Roll Eyes thats all
snowflake

Lucy Pinder 1, Marina Hyde 0Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:16 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder 1, Marina Hyde 0 Reply with quote

EVISU wrote:
Vomit

Punch
eazy_g

Contributions: 416

Lucy Pinder 1, Marina Hyde 0Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:56 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder 1, Marina Hyde 0 Reply with quote

If you don't like something, why bother with it?

That's what I don't get with the bashing of models. It's like they want something to be mad about.
snowflake

Lucy Pinder 1, Marina Hyde 0Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:38 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder 1, Marina Hyde 0 Reply with quote

eazy_g wrote:

Well, the answer is in the question: because you don't like it. Hehe People aren't objects (of the socio-politico-economic machine for exemple), they feel some things according to what lives in their heart and brain, and need to express out for having feed-back... Lucy herself bothers with this context by answering to bashings because she feels it as (personnal)attacks. Each people need to evolve unawarely to a kind of balance. It's simply human. Without others, and dialog, this would be impossible... Shrug

It's fine to fight against black clouds in our sky. But this fight doesn't set at the good place. Everybody only criticizes some symptoms. Everybody wants to control their environment, the display of their life, for living "happy". We often criticize the Lucy's professional environment for being enlocking in a golden cage. But after several years, I feel srongly that she chose it (special thought for Closer Women Show Hehe ) . And anti page3 and feminists want to break this kind of cage. If Lucy chose to be free, she wouldn't react as strongly. But unconsciously she wants to find a balance about this because she expresses, need to be heard, feed-back, etc... Perhaps someone could say me if an other model react as or more strongly than Lucy in the media, but this sufficiant level of expression is a proof of her real force for herself, in opposition to persons who would feel disturbed but wouldn't react. It's in this sense i'd be pleased to see her express more freely and frankly! Ranting

Fans who reacted strongly against this fact avoid the official forum because they are personnaly in a freedom will for themselves. The others prefer to feel confortable in a cage as/with Lucy. So what to do in face of the freedom to be enlocked? Just to respect, exchange, express our thoughts if we need to do it. Roll Eyes

Gala, a celibrity french magazine has this slogan: "Dream is a necessary good." I say yes, at the condition it's not a prison. Nono

This is that I see. End of my post. Wink
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy Pinder 1, Marina Hyde 0Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:53 pm    Subject: Lucy Pinder 1, Marina Hyde 0 Reply with quote

eazy_g wrote:

That's what I don't get with the bashing of models. It's like they want something to be mad about.

Life would be so very flat with nothing whatever to grumble at...

I reckon most of it is jealousy, wrapped up in a lot of blah to try and make out it's something more high-minded. Not just jealousy over looks, but jealousy over pay and conditions. People have this idea - which they don't realise isn't even true - that all models do is have their photo taken and get paid a fortune for it, and slag them off for not having a "proper job". By which they mean a job like their own, which thrashes you to death and gives you a pittance in return. A s**t job, in other words. In order to come to terms with not being able to get anything better they brainwash themselves into thinking that having a crappy job somehow makes them a better person. To prevent such an irrational belief collapsing under its own blatant stupidity requires that they keep asserting it to themselves, and the attacks on models are just an excuse to shout about it and bolster their own self-esteem when their irrational defence against their insecurity needs shoring up.

snowflake wrote:
Perhaps someone could say me if an other model react as or more strongly than Lucy in the media, but this sufficiant level of expression is a proof of her real force for herself, in opposition to persons who would feel disturbed but wouldn't react. It's in this sense i'd be pleased to see her express more freely and frankly! Ranting

Most of them do, it seems... Lucy is right down at the bottom of the scale when it comes to striking back. If she did it to the same sort of extent as many other models do it wouldn't be worth making a thread about it... as it is, it's an exceptional event Smile

Like you, and for the same reasons, I would be pleased to see her do it more often Smile
eazy_g

Contributions: 416

Lucy Pinder 1, Marina Hyde 0Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:47 am    Subject: Lucy Pinder 1, Marina Hyde 0 Reply with quote

Well I like to complain about things too. I didn't like the new Bowie album, I'll probably say it sucks but I am not going to spend my entire life on it and make such a fuss about it that it will ruin my day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: