Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Lucy on this site?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poggy

Contributions: 579

Lucy on this site?Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:32 pm    Subject: Lucy on this site? Reply with quote

Chris wrote:
Poggy wrote:
As I've said before. The whole official this and that isn't run or even visited much by most models.

Now, why is that? Don't they want to get in touch with their fans? As I'm sure they know, they wouldn't be where they are now without them. Or is it a case that they know of something called real life/too busy for the internet?

In my past contacts with models and such. I've found that they adore their fans. As that basically is where their money comes from. They like us none models are doing as a job just like ours. The slight difference is that they need to be seen. Which in a way some other jobs are the same. They have spare time same as us. They are busy at time like us. Then other times have plenty of free time.

So what I've tended to find in the whole is....

The reason models don't go much on their official forums or have much imput into their official sites is very simple. They aren't allowed too. In forums they might offend people with their personality coming across. They might burst the image the person has of them. Opinions can do that. So usually their advisor or agency asks them or tells them not too. The official site is there to sell the merchandice or actually the model in a way. If you know how I mean. for future work. So just been the merchandice themselves. They aren't seen as been able to do this. So the advisor or agency usually runs it or puts someone in there to do this.

Quite a few models like to have contact with their fans. They would love to run their own sites and forums. So it basically comes down to the fact that the handlers don't think they are capable of it.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

Lucy on this site?Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:38 pm    Subject: Lucy on this site? Reply with quote

Poggy wrote:
They aren't allowed too. In forums they might offend people with their personality coming across. They might burst the image the person has of them. Opinions can do that. So usually their advisor or agency asks them or tells them not too.

Which one could call something of a definition of tragedy...

Of course in Lucy's case - and I realise you are speaking in general terms - it's not quite like that; I can really only think of two main classes of people whose image of Lucy might be "burst" by reading her real opinions...

1) those who are dumb enough to think she really is like the stereotype - who for instance expect the utter garbage printed by the Star in the runup to BB to be true. And Lucy's official forum doesn't have much time for them anyway. (And nor does this one Smile)

2) those who don't expect her to have right wing political views. Well, Lucy's done a fair job of "busting" that one herself anyway Smile

Poggy wrote:
So it basically comes down to the fact that the handlers don't think they are capable of it.

Or wish to promote their own agendas which may not necessarily correspond with those of the models themselves Wink

Poggy wrote:
Quite a few models like to have contact with their fans. They would love to run their own sites and forums.

Once again I am impelled to hold up Malene's forum as an example of how well it works when a savvy model does run it all herself Smile (OK, it's a bit dead at the moment with Malene not having done anything for a while, but she has her own reasons for that Smile)
kilbs

Contributions: 214

Lucy on this site?Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:19 pm    Subject: Lucy on this site? Reply with quote

Poggy yeh I know thats what makes it worse it being like that.

and the other stuff you say its not even very good at doing that the selling Lucy and things theres nothing to attract people. you go there and theres nothing on it you think what is this it isnt there any more. and if you try to save the pics it doesnt work. the only stuff thats there is on the forum and I post most of that Smile and you cant even see it without logging in so it doesnt count. and if you do join the forum its not friendly like this one its like when you first went to school and there was this frightening teacher up the front making you feel nervous all the time and telling you to shut up and stop talking.

same if you ask questions they treat you like youre 5 and dont answer properly or dont answer at all. thats not Lucy Lucys good at answering questions look at that laid column shes doing. someone asked on the official forum is Lucy going to be doing any new tv work and it never got one answer they couldnt be bothered to answer it at all. someone asked her the same thing on laid and she answered it herself and it was a good answer too Big Grin

this site is friendly and theres LOADS of stuff on it and if you ask questions you get taken seriously even if nobody knows the answer at least they say so and dont just not bother. so if Lucy came on it herself and made it her official one shed have a much better site for herself. and she could answer the questions herself too Smile

and there wouldnt be any of that not allowed thing youre on about if shes got a computer its hers and nobody can tell her what to do with it and if they try to they should be shot. and I bet pigeon wouldnt try and stop her writing what she wants on here.

Lucy you probably wont ever read this but if you do how about it Big Grin
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy on this site?Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:41 pm    Subject: Lucy on this site? Reply with quote

kilbs wrote:
and I bet pigeon wouldnt try and stop her writing what she wants on here.

Dead right I wouldn't Big Grin

kilbs wrote:
Lucys good at answering questions look at that laid column shes doing. (...) someone asked (is Lucy going to be doing any new tv work) on laid and she answered it herself and it was a good answer too Big Grin

Well there you go, if you want Lucy to answer questions the best thing to do is email them to lucy (at) laid.co.uk Wink

Might take a while to get an answer with only three questions per week being answered in the column, but we are assured that any that aren't answered immediately are not thrown away, they're kept for future use Smile And who knows, perhaps if they really start flooding in the weekly quota might go up Smile

http://laid.co.uk/ask-lucy/
snowflake

Contributions: 665

Lucy on this site?Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:06 pm    Subject: Lucy on this site? Reply with quote

Well, with all this I don't know if i should be calmed or irritated! I'm just sad to realize that my feelings entering in that school (ref to kilbs post) could be true : a bird in cage!! Cry
SPAH

Contributions: 91

Lucy on this site?Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:18 am    Subject: Lucy on this site? Reply with quote

Revering to the OP, would be great if she had visited here...

Wish Lucy would get on Twitter! Sad random pictures of her doing the housework or behind the scenes at a shoot would be HIGHLY appreciated
Chris

Contributions: 726

Lucy on this site?Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:17 am    Subject: Lucy on this site? Reply with quote

SPAH wrote:
Wish Lucy would get on Twitter! Sad random pictures of her doing the housework or behind the scenes at a shoot would be HIGHLY appreciated

Do you really think she would do that? (Unfortunately) I don't think Lucy is the type to post shots of her doing random things like other models and celebrities.
fan101

Contributions: 390

Lucy on this site?Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:21 am    Subject: Lucy on this site? Reply with quote

Chris wrote:
SPAH wrote:

Do you really think she would do that? (Unfortunately) I don't think Lucy is the type to post shots of her doing random things like other models and celebrities.

damn it
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy on this site?Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:51 am    Subject: Lucy on this site? Reply with quote

snowflake wrote:
Well, with all this I don't know if i should be calmed or irritated! I'm just sad to realize that my feelings entering in that school (ref to kilbs post) could be true : a bird in cage!! Cry

But the bars are rusting Wink

Chris wrote:
SPAH wrote:

Just what I was about to post. That sort of thing isn't really Lucy...
--disabled--

Contributions: 263

Lucy on this site?Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:57 am    Subject: Lucy on this site? Reply with quote

fan101 wrote:
Chris wrote:
SPAH wrote:

damn it

This is probably as close as you'll get at finding a video of Lucy around the house. Smile Feeding her cats. (don't blink)

http://www.lucy-pinder.tv/videos/lucy-pinder-talking-about-herself.html
Poggy

Contributions: 579

Lucy on this site?Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:02 am    Subject: Lucy on this site? Reply with quote

Always like that video. The way Lucy describes some bimbo type model and then says "that Jordan type" pure class.
snowflake

Contributions: 665

Lucy on this site?Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:59 am    Subject: Lucy on this site? Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
snowflake wrote:

But the bars are rusting Wink

On what do you lean to say that? I would like to believe you but i see an insidious side in quasi each news wich happens... Sad But, wait a minute!... So you admit that it's true and, that everybody accepts to throw her peanuts by smiling and Censored ing!! If you can, Pigeon, please, change my point of view! But the work risks to be hard. Sad
SPAH

Contributions: 91

Lucy on this site?Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:00 pm    Subject: Lucy on this site? Reply with quote

Chris wrote:
SPAH wrote:

No course not, just wishful thinking, know she is very private, just be nice not having to wait 4 weeks per photoshoot, altho the Loaded spread was a pleasant surprise!
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy on this site?Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:44 pm    Subject: Lucy on this site? Reply with quote

Well while we might not be getting housework pics, we are about to get behind-the-scenes shoot pics Big Grin

Lucy is now officially on Twitter, she has just done a new Nuts shoot and BTS pics are coming soon!
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

Lucy on this site?Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:19 pm    Subject: Lucy on this site? Reply with quote

That's great news! I think my Twitter app is actaully going to be useful Hehe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: