Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Lucy needs your vote!!! on askmen.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

Lucy needs your vote!!! on askmen.comPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:56 am    Subject: Lucy needs your vote!!! on askmen.com Reply with quote

Shout Lucy needs your vote on askmen.com!!!

Teacher Please everyone visit Lucy's Top 99 page on askmen.com and vote her up!

The voting bit is highlighted on this screenshot with the big yellow arrow. You need to click the "Higher" radio button to light it up (as shown) and then hit "Submit".

And for why do you need to do this? The answer will be revealed once you have voted. It seems that 57% of visitors to this page are unregenerate philistines who think 23 is too good a rating for Lucy Yikes! and only 36% think (as we all do Wink) that she should be rated better Sad - see the second screenshot below.

And with over 87,000 votes registered we need all the votes we can get... you do know how to clear your cookies don't you? Wink

...Still it's not all bad. Indeed some of it is very good Big Grin For one, as we can see, Lucy was down at 69 last year, so 23 is a massive improvement Big Grin - but of course she ought to be number 1, so let's all help.

And for another Lucy has written an article for the site, expanding on the theme she handles so well in her Nuts column Big Grin (yes I know it says "heidi" in the URL, but it really is Lucy). It's the usual good read we expect from Lucy Big Smile

Lucy's article on askmen.com wrote:

Hey there guys, it’s Lucy Pinder here...When the good folk at AskMen.com rang me up asking me to put together this guide, I naturally wasn’t going to pass up the opportunity to help you fellas out. After all, I know you’re a savvy bunch who appreciate the value of some honest advice from a girl who knows.

Most of the time when a guy is struggling to attract the type of female attention he's after, it usually boils down to a failure to stick to the basics. If you want girls to be attracted to you, some of the points I’ve outlined here are pretty obvious, but they're also hugely important. These tips have been garnered from conversations with girlfriends and male friends alike; they are, in my opinion, important nuggets of advice to up your game. So here they are: Lucy Pinder’s 5 things to make her want you...

Use eye contact

Yes, I know it’s a boring cliché, but it’s also an important point to consider. Eye contact is after all the initial contact you are going to have with your potential partner, so letting her know you’re interested by paying her attention is a good start. Glaring like a stalker is not good, so be aware of that when trying to get her attention; make sure you’re not eyeballing her! Give a relaxed smile when you catch her eye and if you get a friendly or coy smile back then she obviously likes the look of you.

Show confidence not cockiness

Most girls like a guy to be confident, not cocky: please believe me when I tell you that there’s a difference. Self-assurance is about being outgoing, comfortable in your own skin and in control of yourself and your situation -- and it is a definite turn on. But confidence is also about being polite too, because manners are important: you’re mother told you that, didn’t she? Manners are also something that most of us girls find attractive in a potential partner.

Just be yourself

Another cliché, but again vitally important; don’t try to be something you’re not when chatting up a girl. And I say this for two reasons: firstly, if you’re putting on a front, more often than not it’s going to be seen through quite easily. Do you know how many Premiership footballers and up-and-coming actors I happen to come across when I'm at a bar? I mean, really?? Secondly, you want someone to like you for you, don’t you? There’s definitely something to be said for the personality you portray attracting a particular kind of girl. So just relax and you will come across much better than if you try too hard to impress.

Make sure you smell good

I LOVE, and I mean love a guy to smell good; even if your style or ‘look’ is scruffy, you should at least be clean. In my entire adult life I’ve yet to meet a girl who puts “lack of personal hygiene” on their list of must haves in a man -- bear that in mind when getting ready to go out. If you can find a fragrance that smells good on you then go for it -- us girls notice these things. If you’re not sure what does smell good on you, next time you go to buy your aftershave, take a lady friend that you can trust to help you out.

Don’t have too much Dutch courage

So those are a few dos, but here’s one don’t: If you’re in a pub/bar/club on the pull and there is a girl you really like, don’t make the mistake of drinking too much before approaching her; you are likely to blow it if you are a drunken mess. When was the last time you were turned on by the sight of girl who was completely sloshed?

Of course, girls are more interested in a guy if he’s naturally confident, but it’s always better to appear a little nervous than off your head. Women find it quite endearing, and anyway, there ain’t anything attractive about breath that smells like a brewery!

Play the game

If you’re a cocky, shifty-eyed, smelly, inebriated or a wannabe, pretending to be Brad Pitt, you’ll be going home alone. The most important thing is that you’re able to take a knock back. If that girl you really fancy has knocked you back, take it graciously and move on, simple as that, because there are always plenty more fish in the sea.

And there are obvious signs which you shouldn't ignore: If your eye contact is met with a grimace, she is not the girl for you; if your offer of a drink gets knocked back then she’s not into you. It’s simply not worth flogging a dead horse guys. Remember, if she’s playing too hard to get then that’s her loss; you put yourself out there, so if she is playing games let her come to you -- some of us prefer the thrill of the chase anyway.

CHECK OUT OUR LUCY PINDER GALLERY

...so you won't forget, now, to go and vote for the lady who wrote all that, eh?

Last edited by Pigeon on Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dib

Contributions: 276

Lucy needs your vote!!! on askmen.comPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:05 pm    Subject: Lucy needs your vote!!! on askmen.com Reply with quote

Done.

Who in earth think she must be down?
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy needs your vote!!! on askmen.comPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:24 pm    Subject: Lucy needs your vote!!! on askmen.com Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure this vote is still running...

I know it was ages ago but nothing seems to have changed... the overall intro page seems to make out that it's a final result, but it always said that and Lucy is still in the same place at number 23... and it's still accepting votes, though there have only been around 12000 since the start of this thread.

I think what it's doing is collecting ratings of the 2009 list which will affect the placings in the 2010 list.

And since there are still about 2 idiots who think Lucy should be placed lower for every one sensible person who thinks she should be higher, it would seem there is definitely still a need to vote for Lucy on this... Wink
Dib

Contributions: 276

Lucy needs your vote!!! on askmen.comPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:32 pm    Subject: Lucy needs your vote!!! on askmen.com Reply with quote

Now it says there're 53% people who think she should be lower Censored
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy needs your vote!!! on askmen.comPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:15 pm    Subject: Lucy needs your vote!!! on askmen.com Reply with quote

Appropriate use of that smiley indeed...

It is unfortunate in this regard, also, that they have chosen to headline Lucy's page with the one pic from her 2008 calendar which has seriously suffered from dodgy photography. The refraction effect of the water Lucy's sitting in shrinks the lower part of her body and makes her look kind of stumpy, and reflections from the surroundings have given the pic a dodgy alien yellow-green colour cast. Lucy's actual pose is great, but the bad photography lets it down... if she'd been sat on the beach in the same pose it would have come out much better. I can't help feeling that if they'd used a better pic the results would be better than we are seeing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: