Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Lucy is important - it's official!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Lucy is important - it's official!Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:40 pm    Subject: Lucy is important - it's official! Reply with quote

Interview with Dominic Smith, editor of Nuts.

Read the bit in bold Big Grin

Nuts in one sentence?
Nuts is Britain’s biggest-selling men’s weekly, providing an exciting dose of girls, gadgets, sport, jokes and pictures.

Who reads it?
Young British men. We get letters from students, builders, office workers and we have a huge following
in the Armed Forces.

What differentiates you from your rivals?
Our direct rival is Zoo, which we outsell by 80,000 copies a week. Our subject matter is similar, but Nuts leads the market in terms of innovation. Any new regulars or design innovation in Nuts tend to appear in Zoo three weeks later.

Describe a classic Nuts feature
Anything that elicits a ‘crikey!’ from the reader, whether it is a brilliant gadget, an amazing new babe, or an incredible story of bravery in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Do any particular celebs prove especially popular?
Girls such as Lucy Pinder and Jennifer Ellison have an enduring appeal, while men need to be funny and/or aspirational. John Terry, Ross Kemp and Sacha Baron Cohen are all big Nuts favourites.

Do the closures of Maxim and Arena worry you?
I am sorry to see any magazine close, but any successful title needs a clear, consistent editorial vision and Maxim in particular had lost that. I think Nuts is more relevant in 2009 than either of those titles, but this is a challenging time for men’s magazines.

Do you think the men’s magazine market is changing its focus?
Not hugely. Men’s interests are broadly the same but their means of obtaining information is changing.

How much contact do you have with PR professionals and what are your PR pet peeves?
I deal direct with celebrity agents, but PR enquiries are dealt with by the relevant section heads. Some PROs still seem to pitch stories that have absolutely no chance of appearing in Nuts. Read the magazine first.

Media must-haves
The Sun, BBC Radio 1, talkSPORT, Sky Sports News and Adam and Joe’s brilliant show on BBC 6 Music.

Circulation 234,034
Contact nutsmagazine@ipcmedia.com

Original article here

...So there we have it. It's official. Lucy is top brunette Big Grin
Dib

Contributions: 276

Lucy is important - it's official!Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:59 pm    Subject: Re: Lucy is important - it's official! Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:

Are there others? Big Laugh
unrated

Contributions: 24

Lucy is important - it's official!Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:09 pm    Subject: Lucy is important - it's official! Reply with quote

Lucy is hot Smile
Herve

Contributions: 29

Lucy is important - it's official!Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:06 am    Subject: Re: Lucy is important - it's official! Reply with quote

Dib wrote:
Pigeon wrote:

Tsk, tsk... Sophie Howard and Sammy Braddy are lovely as well.

Shame Samantha deigns to drink in Yates's...

In Colchester...

Yates's + Colchester = Hive of Squaddie-led debauchery.

Has Sammy been accommodating Her Majesty's Armed Forces?

Where's my Army recruitment form - see you in Colchester!!
fan101

Contributions: 390

Lucy is important - it's official!Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:34 pm    Subject: Lucy is important - it's official! Reply with quote

the man mag will never change the focus will still be on the topless models
manstyle12

Contributions: 594

Lucy is important - it's official!Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:29 pm    Subject: Lucy is important - it's official! Reply with quote

true
Supra Edd

Contributions: 98

Lucy is important - it's official!Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:10 am    Subject: Re: Lucy is important - it's official! Reply with quote

Herve wrote:
Dib wrote:
Pigeon wrote:

Tsk, tsk... Sophie Howard and Sammy Braddy are lovely as well.

Shame Samantha deigns to drink in Yates's...

In Colchester...

Yates's + Colchester = Hive of Squaddie-led debauchery.

Has Sammy been accommodating Her Majesty's Armed Forces?

Where's my Army recruitment form - see you in Colchester!!

wait a min, I cant believe i missed this, your saying Sammy Braddy drinks in Yates in Colchester? damn that used to be my local I never saw her! i think i may need to go back now and again!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: